Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Media has serious respect for us now

Started by three hog night, September 27, 2014, 08:52:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

three hog night

ESPN SEC Blog
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/89497/instant-analysis-texas-am-35-arkansas-28-ot
Instant Analysis

ARLINGTON, Texas -- In a thrilling finish, No. 6 Texas A&M rallied to claim a 35-28 overtime win over Arkansas on Saturday at AT&T Stadium, a win that came after the Aggies were down by as many as 14 points in the fourth quarter. Let's take a look at how it went down:

How the game was won: The Aggies stopped Arkansas running back Alex Collins on a fourth-and-1 in the first overtime, getting a stop when they had to have it. Texas A&M had to scratch and claw after being harassed by Arkansas' defense all day, but it was able to escape by the skin of its teeth thanks to huge fourth-quarter touchdown passes by Kenny Hill (an 86-yarder to Edward Pope and a 59-yarder to Joshua Reynolds) that turned a 14-point deficit to a tie ballgame and eventually set up overtime. Hill threw a 25-yard strike to Malcome Kennedy to start overtime, and the defense did the rest to secure the win in OT, piggybacking a strong fourth-quarter effort the Aggies gave to keep the Razorbacks from extending the lead.

Gameball goes to: Hill. He had his struggles, from errant throws, including an interception and had to weather the storm as the Aggies looked out of sorts offensively for much of the day. But he made the big throws when the Aggies had to have them late in the game and led the come-from-behind victory. He finished with 386 passing yards and four touchdowns on 21-of-41 passing.

What it means: Texas A&M's playoff hopes and high ranking are safe for now, but it has a lot of work to do. Arkansas exploited many of the Aggies' flaws today. The Razorbacks (3-2, 0-2 SEC), meanwhile, are as improved as advertised. Bret Bielema's bunch has to feel sick after this one, leading by two scores (and having a chance to go up three when a penalty nullified the score). They had control of the game but let it slip away. The SEC West is on alert though, as Arkansas is a pushover no longer.

Playoff implication: The Aggies' hopes remain alive as they move to 5-0 (2-0 in the SEC).

What's next: Another huge test for Texas A&M at No. 14 Mississippi State in Starkville a week from today. Dak Prescott and Co. are coming off an open date following their landmark win at LSU on Sept. 20.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

three hog night

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/89509/aggies-show-resilence-flaws-in-escape

ARLINGTON, Texas -- In all honesty, Texas A&M probably shouldn't have won on Saturday.

The Aggies' offense spent the better part of three quarters out-of-sync. Texas A&M's drive chart in that span looked foreign to those who know them best: Touchdown, punt, punt, punt, touchdown, missed field goal, punt, turnover on downs, punt.

Defensively, they weren't much better: 395 yards yielded in those first three stanzas; 214 on the ground (albeit 51 that should be counted against the special teams for a fake punt). And those special teams had forgettable moments as well, with a missed field goal on top of everything else.

But as Kevin Sumlin-coached teams are wont to do, the No. 6 Aggies found a way to swipe a victory from Arkansas and remain undefeated by climbing out of a two-touchdown hole at AT&T Stadium for a thrilling 35-28 overtime win.

A&M's defense struggled with Arkansas' running game through three quarters, but held firm in the fourth quarter and overtime.
"Was it perfect? No," Sumlin said afterward. "But it was a heck of a football game and there's a lot of things we can learn from today."

The win provided both cause for concern and signs of encouragement. For starters, the Aggies didn't play to their lofty ranking and often showed why this young team gave so many pause prior to the season, its first of the post-Johnny Manziel era.

The Aggies (5-0, 2-0 SEC) knew their run defense would get their first true test of the year from the SEC's top rushing attack. It did (Arkansas ran for 285 yards) and it often left Texas A&M frustrated and chasing Arkansas running backs Alex Collins (131 yards) and Jonathan Williams (95 yards). When the Aggies weren't failing to fill their gaps, play-action passing from Brandon Allen and Co. gave them several headaches.

But when Arkansas (3-2, 0-2) smelled blood and tried to put the Aggies away, the Aggies' defense found its backbone (and the Razorbacks shot themselves in the foot a few times, too). The Razorbacks' final five drives went as such: punt, punt, punt, missed field goal, punt and turnover on downs. The final stop, which came on fourth-and-1 in Arkansas' overtime possession and secured the win, may prove to be a seminal moment for an A&M defense that is still trying to shake off its 2013 reputation, when it was last in every SEC statistical category that mattered.

Defensively, are the Aggies more what we saw in the first three quarters or the unit seen in the fourth quarter and overtime? That remains to be seen.

Similarly, Texas A&M sophomore sensation Kenny Hill and the Aggies' offense were off, as Sumlin admitted. Starting only his fifth game, Hill showed some of the ills that come with playing a young quarterback -- forced throws, inaccuracy, inconsistent play -- and his receivers and offensive line contributed at times with dropped passes or allowing Hill to get pressured.

Conversely, when the Aggies needed a spark, Hill was on the money. He hit Edward Pope and Joshua Reynolds for two huge fourth-quarter touchdown passes to pull even with the Hogs. He threw a dart to Malcome Kennedy for the game-winning 25-yard score; fitting considering Hill threw one behind Kennedy in the first half that -- had it been thrown perfectly -- would have likely resulted in a touchdown.

"I just saw him run wide open and said 'I need to put it on him,'" Hill said. "They had the defender getting there late and I had to fit it in to him and he took care of the rest."

Let's make one thing clear: The Aggies are a good football team. Exactly how good is the question, one that won't be answered for a few weeks.

This improved Arkansas team gave Texas A&M everything it could handle, and though the Hogs are winless in two SEC games (and in 14 straight conference games dating back to 2012), they came away from home against highly-ranked foes (Auburn being the other) and they were both contests the Razorbacks competed well in. The Razorbacks no longer look like pushovers in Bret Bielema's second year and have made significant progress from a year ago.

Meanwhile, A&M's season-opening shocker at South Carolina and the Aggies' subsequent dominance of three cupcake opponents has sparked talk of the Aggies being perhaps the best in the SEC and a serious contender for the College Football Playoff. Those goals remain attainable, but those discussions should perhaps pause as this team navigates a gauntlet of a schedule, starting with a showdown in Starkville against rising Mississippi State a week from now. That's followed by a home date with Ole Miss and a trip to Tuscaloosa for a clash with Alabama.

If the Aggies emerge from that stretch unscathed, then they truly do deserve to be mentioned in the top-four discussion.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

forrest city joe

The only thing that saved A&M today were big calls by the refs that call back 2 touchdowns. and playing not to lose the game at the end when 1 first down would have killed the clock. that's it.

Dark Helmet Hog

ShadowTheHedgehog

The two guys on CBS were just embarrassing with their TAMu love fest.

three hog night

This will help us in recruiting and THAT is what will get us out of this HOLE. 

three hog night

College Football News

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1457064.html

"You wanted to see Arkansas be Arkansas under Bret Bielema, blasting away with a powerful, crushing running game, and it did just that. Even if the Texas A&M defense came up with the big stop in overtime"

"This was Arkansas showing that things are improving in a big hurry under its second-year head coach, and it showed that it's going to be a major player in the SEC West as the proverbial team you don't want to face"

"It was a brilliant game between two terrific teams in the best division in college football by ten miles. Get used to it for the rest of this year from the rest of the division. Get used to Hill doing this a few more times, at least. Get used to Arkansas as a player"

HSVhogfan2

Extremely important to be in the "not a pushover anymore" class.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Hogmeier

Wow, we have respect from the media without a SEC win...yet when we went to the sugar bowl...none! Sounds legit! Thanks for sharing!! I'll sleep better tonight after this loss knowing espn now respects us!

Danny J

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 27, 2014, 09:01:14 pm
We could win the East.
Or the Big 12 and no question the Big Ten. After watching every top 25 team this year we are a definitely better than a lot of them. Are we top 10 no. Top 20....very likely. Top 25....no question.

reddogjcss

The opposing team better fasten there chin straps tight!

intelligence

Quote from: Hogmeier on September 27, 2014, 09:11:08 pm
Wow, we have respect from the media without a SEC win...yet when we went to the sugar bowl...none! Sounds legit! Thanks for sharing!! I'll sleep better tonight after this loss knowing espn now respects us!

Man our 2010 team had one of the worst defenses i've ever seen, coupled by one of the greastest offenses of all time. We were facing that senior laden Ohio State defense, and an option qb with speed on tap. That's why we didn't get no respect, and if it wasn't for our second half rally we'd have been blown out. Thankfully, under Bret, we will never be embarrassed like that again, not with this style of football. I'm mad that we lost how we did, but i wouldn't trade it to have Petrino back. Bret Beilema gonna give us our state pride back. What hooty promised, petrino came close to, and Frank dreamed of. An NC

redeye

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on September 27, 2014, 09:04:04 pm

Gary Danielson loves Arkansas and is always very complimentary to us.

Ironically, I believe the ESPN guy who wrote those things is an A&M writer, but I noticed during the live chat that he was very fair to Arkansas.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

three hog night

Quote from: redeye on September 27, 2014, 09:21:30 pm
Gary Danielson loves Arkansas and is always very complimentary to us.

Ironically, I believe the ESPN guy who wrote those things is an A&M writer, but I noticed during the live chat that he was very fair to Arkansas.

I think we are a good story for the media too, because the clash of styles makes good theater.  The HUNH spread offenses were an alternative that has taken over the College game in less than 5 years; and ironically became the established majority.   

Now the power I offense that WAS the established offense has become the minority.... and ironically an alternative offense.   We are now running the alternative at a time when few teams have exposure to our size and style.   We are the odd ball offense like the HUNH 10 years ago or the Wishbone that is difficult to prepare for.

Razor6

Forget the media. 

I have serious respect for us.

Great team!   Getting close
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

DEVICEHIGH

They were a little hard to take for me.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Calling All Hogs

We are better in year two under CBB than we were in year two of Petrino.

TulsaJack32

Nice to know as we sit in the cellar, again. 

three hog night

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/89530/what-we-learned-in-the-sec-week-5-6

With Saturday's action complete, we're more than one-quarter of the way through the regular season.

Can you believe that?

Let's take a look at what we learned from the latest batch of games.

1. Texas two step: Tip your cap to Arkansas. If anything, the Hogs showed they're worthy of being ranked in the Top 25. But if you're Texas A&M, what are you thinking? You just got roughed up by a team that hasn't won a conference game since Oct. 2012. An undeniably one-dimensional offense racked up four touchdowns and 485 yards against you, 286 of which came on the ground. It wasn't a secret what they were doing, and still you couldn't stop it. Your defense, the one you said again and again was better than last year, showed it still has a long ways to go in the 35-28 overtime win. There were more missed tackles than an early-morning Pee Wee football game. Texas A&M's offense is still plenty potent with Kenny Hill under center and a better-than-advertised running game, but without a defense to match we very well could be looking at a team that's less steak than sizzle.

Hogsfan1981

The media loves us as long as we stay where they want us......in the bottom of the SEC west.

Porcius Magnus

After years of complaining that the media hates us, I'll take, and enjoy a little media love.  Also, prospective recruits are watching those very same talking heads, and reading those positive articles and blogs.  Seriously, let the media keep talking us up and enjoy the fact that our image is growing, and the perception of our team, is improving on multiple national stages.  Adding stupid negative comments to threads complaining about positive coverage does us no good.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Razor6

Quote from: three hog night on September 27, 2014, 10:58:36 pm
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/89530/what-we-learned-in-the-sec-week-5-6

With Saturday's action complete, we're more than one-quarter of the way through the regular season.

Can you believe that?

Let's take a look at what we learned from the latest batch of games.

1. Texas two step: Tip your cap to Arkansas. If anything, the Hogs showed they're worthy of being ranked in the Top 25. But if you're Texas A&M, what are you thinking? You just got roughed up by a team that hasn't won a conference game since Oct. 2012. An undeniably one-dimensional offense racked up four touchdowns and 485 yards against you, 286 of which came on the ground. It wasn't a secret what they were doing, and still you couldn't stop it. Your defense, the one you said again and again was better than last year, showed it still has a long ways to go in the 35-28 overtime win. There were more missed tackles than an early-morning Pee Wee football game. Texas A&M's offense is still plenty potent with Kenny Hill under center and a better-than-advertised running game, but without a defense to match we very well could be looking at a team that's less steak than sizzle.

These players for Arkansas are the best.

Love these guys!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Sir Oinksalot

...when all the juice wears off and these Hogs fans realize what just happened, that we took the #6 team in the Country
to the C A N V A S ......

They will realize we have a gold mine here....I love these players maybe not the greatest, but they gave everything
within a very good and very sound system......

Thats the way I like it uh huh uh huh, that's the way I like it uh huh uh huh....

We scared the shizzum right out of them......in golf, when I'm getting those lip out
I know, don't change a thing because what goes around comes around B A B Y ...

It's coming around like the Sun rises, hide and watch...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Hog_Fink

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 27, 2014, 11:51:22 pm
...when all the juice wears off and these Hogs fans realize what just happened, that we took the #6 team in the Country
to the C A N V A S ......

They will realize we have a gold mine here....I love these players maybe not the greatest, but they gave everything
within a very good and very sound system......

Thats the way I like it uh huh uh huh, that's the way I like it uh huh uh huh....

We scared the shizzum right out of them......in golf, when I'm getting those lip out
I know, don't change a thing because what goes around comes around B A B Y ...

It's coming around like the Sun rises, hide and watch...

........this is no cause for celebration, man.
we dropped a season defining win. actually more than that, it would signify that we've turned the corner. that we deserve a top 15-20 ranking. and that we are in the race for an sec championship. instead, we are 0-2 in conference. yeah, the product looks a lot better, but you don't lose games where you are supposed to be up 21 in the 4th quarter.
I've bought in, I love the direction we're headed, but that's plain unacceptable.
I don't even know where to place blame. bonehead penalties. play calling?
regardless, i'm proud of our kids. best defense i've seen us play since Herring.
Allen looks good. we gotta get sum more playmakers at receiver. we gotta get more creative getting sprinkle & henry involved. or getting our rbs in space as receivers.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 27, 2014, 10:44:35 pm
We are better in year two under CBB than we were in year two of Petrino.
Excellent point but I'm really getting tired of losing. My wife is a Cubs fan and I am a Razorbacks fan. It seems we're always saying, "Well, wait 'till next year".

popcornhog

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on September 27, 2014, 08:59:17 pm
That's very important...

Good Gawd...get out the participation trophies.  :puke:

Wait, what? It normally would take 3-4 years to build this team up to being competitive against the top 10 on the road post Slappy the Clown.

All of the evidence suggests that we're going to be ahead of schedule -- competitiveness and recruiting.

Hell -- we're a kicker away from being a lot better. Mix in some more experience in the defensive backfield and at receiver. I think Bielema is going to do something that Arkansas has never done -- win an SEC title. The only trophy that matters.

By the way -- what the hell are you talking about participation trophies? Nobody suggested that. This win sucked -- the penalties sucked, the missed FG sucked, the last couple of A&M drives sucked -- we know that. But it's still exciting to be ahead of schedule. Many folks thought we would be 3-9 this year. Judging by what we've seen so far, that's looking pretty unlikely.
WPS

Hogustus Caesar

Quote from: Hogmeier on September 27, 2014, 09:11:08 pm

I believe that most of the negative media back then was because of petrino. He had left the falcons and made his way into the sec. Mallet was respected while a hog, others went to the nfl as well. This era is different. After petrino this program was all but dead. John L. Smith's year was a disaster. The fan base was heartbroken and divided on who our coach should be. Mistrust of Jeff Long, complaints everywhere. Now in just year two of CBB's system we ALL can see the progress that these young men have made. They are ahead of where I thought they would be. Shows the talent, the coaching and the heart that will make the razorback program successful. Proud of those guys.
"Mastering the art of discourse with the tenacity of a razorback and the eloquence of an emperor – HogustusCaesar, where discussions meet greatness."

popcornhog

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on September 27, 2014, 09:08:05 pm
Extremely important to be in the "not a pushover anymore" class.

Exactly. It's step #1. And you can tell that we're about to take step #2 to competitive in the West. If this team continues to improve at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bielema take the final step and get to Atlanta and the playoff in the next two years.

Not even the biggest UA homer could've expected to improve this quickly.

WPS and +1
WPS

ricepig

Quote from: popcornhog on September 28, 2014, 06:04:20 am
Wait, what? It normally would take 3-4 years to build this team up to being competitive against the top 10 on the road post Slappy the Clown.

All of the evidence suggests that we're going to be ahead of schedule -- competitiveness and recruiting.

Hell -- we're a kicker away from being a lot better. Mix in some more experience in the defensive backfield and at receiver. I think Bielema is going to do something that Arkansas has never done -- win an SEC title. The only trophy that matters.

By the way -- what the hell are you talking about participation trophies? Nobody suggested that. This win sucked -- the penalties sucked, the missed FG sucked, the last couple of A&M drives sucked -- we know that. But it's still exciting to be ahead of schedule. Many folks thought we would be 3-9 this year. Judging by what we've seen so far, that's looking pretty unlikely.

He's an Auburn fan, or was when his boy was throwing INT's for them, now his team is located in south Arkansas.

Steef

You cannot jump from "doormat" to "dominant" in one season. There has to be a transition.

We have lost two conference games....and both of them were against top ten teams.

The next one is, too.

We're better. Everyone sees it. But we're also swimming upstream in the toughest league in the country.

ballz2thewall

that's just not the case.  i listened as i watched and the game was very evenly discussed.  on balance each team got comment when and where deserved.
The rest of the frog.

Country Stylz

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on September 27, 2014, 11:00:22 pm
The media loves us as long as we stay where they want us......in the bottom of the SEC west.
This. People don't realize this.

pfrg999

Next Year will be awesome...looking at this thread we are soo lucky to be 0-2 in games we should have won because ESPN said nice things... They are better than last year.. Players are anyway... Coaching is the same...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

pfrg999

Quote from: steefhog on September 28, 2014, 06:19:16 am
You cannot jump from "doormat" to "dominant" in one season. There has to be a transition.

We have lost two conference games....and both of them were against top ten teams.

The next one is, too.

We're better. Everyone sees it. But we're also swimming upstream in the toughest league in the country.

See Auburn 2013...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

HardCore

Quote from: popcornhog on September 28, 2014, 06:07:27 am
Exactly. It's step #1. And you can tell that we're about to take step #2 to competitive in the West. If this team continues to improve at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bielema take the final step and get to Atlanta and the playoff in the next two years.

Not even the biggest UA homer could've expected to improve this quickly.

WPS and +1

Step#3:  this staff, these players, both have to Figure out how to close games.  We may be the best team in the nation for 3 quarters.  You can lead 199 laps at the Daytona 500, but if you don't lead lap 200 - it is all for not.

Bonehead plays (toss sweep), bonehead mistakes (tripping), bonehead defense (not playing two deep coverage up by 14 late in the game against 1 of the most prolific offenses in Football).  Rutgers, LSU, now aTm - seeing a pattern of inability to successfully close out games down the stretch - gotta change.  There are better ways to protect a lead than going conservative on offense.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

TNRazorbacker

Oh puke. In a couple weeks nobody will remember it was close and it will still be in the L column. Moral victories are literally for losers. They are the only ones that ever win them.

Winning is all that matters where real respect is concerned. The bottom line is that we pissed away another win we clearly should have had. The media can keep their condescending pats on the back.

Steef

Quote from: pfrg999 on September 28, 2014, 06:53:48 am
Next Year will be awesome...looking at this thread we are soo lucky to be 0-2 in games we should have won because ESPN said nice things... They are better than last year.. Players are anyway... Coaching is the same...

Golly. Wonder how those players GOT better?

Oh. Wait.

Coaching made them better.

Funny how that works.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: pfrg999 on September 28, 2014, 06:55:57 am
See Auburn 2013...

Entirely different situation at Auburn that season, but you already knew that.
Go Hogs Go!

WarPig88

Of course the media respects us now, we are back to being a middle of the pack SEC west team where they said we belonged while Nutt was here.

They gave a collective sigh of relief when Petrino left because he laid it bare where the potential for this program really lies.

It remains to be seen what CBB will finally accomplish here, but for now, the national media couldn't be more tickled pink.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on September 27, 2014, 11:00:22 pm
Exactly 100%. I have seen this movie before. There is a reason the media loved us during the HDN days, because that's where we were "supposed" to be. The lovable losers who fight hard til the end.
I'm not saying that's our destiny under Bielema, but that's where we are now.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Speedracer

Bielema coached his best game at Arkansas (and I was not a fan of BB). Players just didn't execute.  You could tell he didn't want to kick that field goal but he would have been CRUCIFIED had he not tried it.  That kid didn't even hit the screen in was such a poor kick.  I will not doubt any future decisions to go for it.
Like smites bother me.

ricepig

Quote from: Speedracer on September 28, 2014, 08:36:27 am
Bielema coached his best game at Arkansas (and I was not a fan of BB). Players just didn't execute.  You could tell he didn't want to kick that field goal but he would have been CRUCIFIED had he not tried it.  That kid didn't even hit the screen in was such a poor kick.  I will not doubt any future decisions to go for it.

He had a fake called, but aTm moved a guy and they checked out of it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: three hog night on September 27, 2014, 09:05:08 pm
This will help us in recruiting and THAT is what will get us out of this HOLE. 

This...   A few LB, DL, CB or Safety should be looking at this school...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

atekido

Agreed.  They called the Game like it would have been a Bad thing if We had won.
Quote from: pfrg999 on September 28, 2014, 06:55:57 am
See Auburn 2013...

You mean the Auburn team that brought back the coach that knew every player on the team pretty much because he recruited most of them?  Way different situation. they did go from floor mat to dominant but. They were not nearly in as bad shape as the hogs were.

Porkette

I don't know how anyone could have a problem with how CBS called that game unless you just wanted to be offended. I often get angry with Gary Danielson, but really I think it's because he's brutally honest about what teams do wrong, and Arkansas has often been the one playing poorly because we're usually the underdog in these big CBS games. Yesterday the hogs played a very competitive, respectable game, and they were very positive toward Arkansas.
GO HOGS GO!

Vantage 8 dude

I honestly don't know why I should be amazed or even surprised that some complain about the media's move toward believing and talking us up. I realize that like fans the "talking heads" can be fickle; however, for the longest we've complained, I think with good reason, that they never give us any "love" or props for what CBB and staff are building. I mean all last year we heard nothing but criticism and even fun being poked at CBB and his approach and philosophy to team building. Now that we're getting some respect let's enjoy and build on it. While nothing will ever take the place of actually beating teams that are considered better than us, like TAM, at least our program and the kids in it are getting some very respectful and well earned reviews by the press. And that can't be bad for the future of the Hogs.

Porkette

Just to add to my post, by being the underdog, I meant playing a lot of top 10 teams & often not looking good in the process.
GO HOGS GO!

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.