Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The agenda driven posters are out in full swing now!!

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, September 27, 2014, 07:24:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Southpointhog

Quote from: Hawgphish on September 27, 2014, 07:25:33 pm
You are so right...I do have an agenda...I want to win an SEC game.

No....to be more of a doucher....working hard to get there!

Just stop.....we are better than anyone imagined and people like you will be the first to jump on the wagon when we get to where we need to be!

LZH

Quote from: three hog night on September 28, 2014, 09:36:04 pm
He may know what the hogs did 4 years ago, but he doesn't know much about football concepts.

Challenge me.....I dare you.

seasonhog

Quote from: three hog night on September 28, 2014, 09:36:04 pm
He may know what the hogs did 4 years ago, but he doesn't know much about football concepts.

As i said i would not question ...HIS..... wisdom..........

three hog night

Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

LZH

three hog night

Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

kingt

three hog night

Quote from: kingt on September 28, 2014, 09:49:17 pm
Are you going to challenge him or what lol

He has to be drunk or doped.  Nobody acts that weird or stupid when they are sober.

LZH

Quote from: three hog night on September 28, 2014, 09:48:01 pm
You're a lotta talk and that is about all you have. 

three hog, I have yet to hear you mention one single thing other than I'm this and I'm that.  We've usually gotten along in the past, but if you're gonna take your shot at me, then get your darn together because I hear nothing about football and everything about LZH blah blah blah.

I'm hitting the sack, which should give you plenty of time to google all kinds of football terms and related quotes.  And fwiw, I have been extremely fair with BB since the beginning of the season (like I said I would) and even tonite I haven't really crawled his ass....I've just pointed out that it's his responsibility to get his team's butt in gear.  If you disagree with that so much, then I can't wait to hear your articulation on how I'm all talk while you impress us all with your response.

Good luck.....you're gonna need it.  I promise.

three hog night

Quote from: LZH on September 28, 2014, 09:58:43 pm
three hog, I have yet to hear you mention one single thing other than I'm this and I'm that.  We've usually gotten along in the past, but if you're gonna take your shot at me, then get your darn together because I hear nothing about football and everything about LZH blah blah blah.

I'm hitting the sack, which should give you plenty of time to google all kinds of football terms and related quotes.  And fwiw, I have been extremely fair with BB since the beginning of the season (like I said I would) and even tonite I haven't really crawled his ass....I've just pointed out that it's his responsibility to get his team's butt in gear.  If you disagree with that so much, then I can't wait to hear your articulation on how I'm all talk while you impress us all with your response.

Good luck.....you're gonna need it.  I promise.

You have an agenda.  I am losing all interest in what you think except that recruits read your nonsense.  I'm done with ya...

EastexHawg

Quote from: IntegrityHog on September 27, 2014, 07:52:03 pm
Jeff will probably be promoted to a Conference Commissioner or NCAA job soon.

I turned into a liquor store and picked up the only bottle of champagne I ever bought the instant I heard Nutt had been fired.

I'll buy my second if this comes to pass.

hobhog

Quote from: LZH on September 28, 2014, 09:20:12 pm
Prove me wrong, hotshot.  I'm calling you out.  Whaddya got?

I'll be waiting.

I'm not screaming from the mountaintop, you are. I see progress and think I will wait a reasonable time to see how things work out. Time will prove you wrong, or right.

I just dont understand what you expect to happen this soon. Its not reasonable. BB didnt create this mess. Why the hate?

LZH

Quote from: hobhog on September 28, 2014, 10:43:14 pm
I'm not screaming from the mountaintop, you are. I see progress and think I will wait a reasonable time to see how things work out. Time will prove you wrong, or right.

I just dont understand what you expect to happen this soon. Its not reasonable. BB didnt create this mess. Why the hate?

Who's hating?  I believe the strongest term I used was "disappointed".  Well, who isn't disappointed?

That's at least the second time on BB's watch (Rutgers) that we've had a team on the ropes in the 4th qtr and got shaky & couldn't finish them off.  Now is that the players' fault or the coaches' fault?  Probably a lot of both, but I'm not about to call out any kids....ever.  Besides, this team is almost an entirely different one that lost to Rutgers last year, including the DC - so what is the common denominator between then and now?  Hint: He's the guy in the windbreaker who's responsible for teaching these kids how not to fold after 3 quarters.

Several guys are putting words into my mouth, as if I'm wanting BB to fail.  Good grief.  About the worst thing I've said about him this weekend is that until we learn how to finish, we're gonna have to build more than a two touchdown lead in future SEC games if we're to have a chance of winning.  Well, if that's not a sensible way to look at it then I'd be happy for someone to convince me otherwise.

Actually, I've given BB some major props lately.  We have improved....a lot.  But it is what it is.  A&M got their stuff together when it mattered the most, and we were a bunch of deer in high-beam headlights as they ran off 21 straight points.  Who do these players look to when that happens?  And once again, if that's not what went down, then I'm all ears.

I don't read Hawgs.whatever so I can't say what they write about on that site.  But it seems to me that this 'agenda' idea came straight from some very pissed young men who are still incensed that I and many others have repeatedly said BB isn't the long-term answer, and it has very little to do with coaching football.  I know it when I see it, and I don't see it with him - and there's no science to it, there are quite a few other guys on here that are the same way.  It's usually not hard to spot when you know what your looking for.  That doesn't mean he can't win games, btw.  That just means that he hasn't figured out how to push his players over the hump in crunch time....and that's the kind of coach we have to have here (this ain't LSU or Bama).  Maybe it's a leadership issue, or maybe it's a respect issue.

So no bashing, no agenda, no mountaintops, nothing but an observation and opinion.  And if in two or three years it turns out that I'm 100% wrong then I'll be the first to admit it (which pisses these guys off even more, I think).

Chief Mac

Quote from: LZH on September 29, 2014, 06:38:32 am
Who's hating?  I believe the strongest term I used was "disappointed".  Well, who isn't disappointed?

That's at least the second time on BB's watch (Rutgers) that we've had a team on the ropes in the 4th qtr and got shaky & couldn't finish them off.  Now is that the players' fault or the coaches' fault?  Probably a lot of both, but I'm not about to call out any kids....ever.  Besides, this team is almost an entirely different one that lost to Rutgers last year, including the DC - so what is the common denominator between then and now?  Hint: He's the guy in the windbreaker who's responsible for teaching these kids how not to fold after 3 quarters.

Several guys are putting words into my mouth, as if I'm wanting BB to fail.  Good grief.  About the worst thing I've said about him this weekend is that until we learn how to finish, we're gonna have to build more than a two touchdown lead in future SEC games if we're to have a chance of winning.  Well, if that's not a sensible way to look at it then I'd be happy for someone to convince me otherwise.

Actually, I've given BB some major props lately.  We have improved....a lot.  But it is what it is.  A&M got their stuff together when it mattered the most, and we were a bunch of deer in high-beam headlights as they ran off 21 straight points.  Who do these players look to when that happens?  And once again, if that's not what went down, then I'm all ears.

I don't read Hawgs.whatever so I can't say what they write about on that site.  But it seems to me that this 'agenda' idea came straight from some very pissed young men who are still incensed that I and many others have repeatedly said BB isn't the long-term answer, and it has very little to do with coaching football.  I know it when I see it, and I don't see it with him - and there's no science to it, there are quite a few other guys on here that are the same way.  It's usually not hard to spot when you know what your looking for.  That doesn't mean he can't win games, btw.  That just means that he hasn't figured out how to push his players over the hump in crunch time....and that's the kind of coach we have to have here (this ain't LSU or Bama).  Maybe it's a leadership issue, or maybe it's a respect issue.

So no bashing, no agenda, no mountaintops, nothing but an observation and opinion.  And if in two or three years it turns out that I'm 100% wrong then I'll be the first to admit it (which pisses these guys off even more, I think).

I'm the opposite side of the coin in that I think Bielema is a good coach and, in the next couple years, will prove his process works and we will be competing again for conference championships.  If I'm wrong, I am man enough to say it.....but I'm not.  Was I disgusted at the result Saturday....HELL YES.  The team fell apart in EVERY phase when it mattered.  They allowed a couple of calls or bad plays get in their head.  That is what happens to young teams that haven't experienced success at a high level....IN ANY SPORT.  The only thing that I can lay on the coaches, was this piss poor three and outs on the first two drives of the fourth qtr.  Chaney started dialing up passing plays instead of continuing the body blows that the running game was inflicting on TAMU.  That failure, coupled with a busted coverage, gave TAMU momentum and started the downward spiral of the Hogs.  Pass to score, run to win....Chaney called a great game, for the most part, but those series of calls were horrible. 

As far as leadership goes, from my experience, Bielema has all the qualities of a great leader.  He has a plan that he implements and has the buy-in from both his coaches and players.  Additionally, the guy calls it like it is and is accountable for the teams shortcomings.  Case in point on Skipper, he didn't blame Skipper for the bad penalties, he said "I've got to coach him better". When was the last time we had a coach say, "this is on me"?  It is quite refreshing.  Great leaders acknowledge success is a result of their subordinate's work and failure is all on their shoulders. 

The guy gets it, has a plan, and is executing it.  Is his plan fancy....no.  Is he some kind of offensive or defensive genius...no.  He is a CEO type head coach in the same mold as the only one that won a national championship at Arkansas and the guy that coached the "U" that should have been hired when Kenny Hatfield was hired.  He hires assistants and empowers them to do their job.  He also holds them accountable when they don't (Ash).

I know football, but I know what good leadership looks like even better.....Bielema is a really good football coach and appears to be a great leader.  I don't know what this "it" you're looking for but I would sumise that "it" really isn't anything important as far as who coaches the University of Arkansas. 
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

three hog night

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on September 29, 2014, 07:18:46 am
I'm the opposite side of the coin in that I think Bielema is a good coach and, in the next couple years, will prove his process works and we will be competing again for conference championships.  If I'm wrong, I am man enough to say it.....but I'm not.  Was I disgusted at the result Saturday....HELL YES.  The team fell apart in EVERY phase when it mattered.  They allowed a couple of calls or bad plays get in their head.  That is what happens to young teams that haven't experienced success at a high level....IN ANY SPORT.  The only thing that I can lay on the coaches, was this piss poor three and outs on the first two drives of the fourth qtr.  Chaney started dialing up passing plays instead of continuing the body blows that the running game was inflicting on TAMU.  That failure, coupled with a busted coverage, gave TAMU momentum and started the downward spiral of the Hogs.  Pass to score, run to win....Chaney called a great game, for the most part, but those series fo calls were horrible. 

As far as leadership goes, from my experience, Bielema has all the qualities of a great leader.  He has a plan that he implements and has the buy-in from both his coaches and players.  Additionally, the guy calls it like it is and is accountable for the teams shortcomings.  Case in point on Skipper, he didn't blame Skipper for the bad penalties, he said "I've got to coach him better". When was the last time we had a coach say, "this is on me"?  It is quite refreshing.  Great leaders acknowledge success is a result of their subordinate's work and failure is all on their shoulders. 

The guy gets it, has a plan, and is executing it.  Is his plan fancy....no.  Is he some kind of offensive or defensive genius...no.  He is a CEO type head coach in the same mold as the only one that won a national championship at Arkansas and the guy that coached the "U" that should have been hired when Kenny Hatfield was hired.  He hires assistants and empowers them to do their job.  He also holds them accountable when they don't (Ash).

I know football, but I know what good leadership looks like even better.....Bielema is a really good football coach and appears to be a great leader.  I don't know what this "it" you're looking for but I would sumise that "it" really isn't anything important as far as who coaches the University of Arkansas.

You sir just gave us one of the best posts in a long time.  Objective, realistic about coaching, AND knowledgeable.

LZH

Yeah I haven't even said anything about Chaney.  Yikes....

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on September 29, 2014, 07:18:46 am
I'm the opposite side of the coin in that I think Bielema is a good coach and, in the next couple years, will prove his process works and we will be competing again for conference championships.  If I'm wrong, I am man enough to say it.....but I'm not.  Was I disgusted at the result Saturday....HELL YES.  The team fell apart in EVERY phase when it mattered.  They allowed a couple of calls or bad plays get in their head.  That is what happens to young teams that haven't experienced success at a high level....IN ANY SPORT.  The only thing that I can lay on the coaches, was this piss poor three and outs on the first two drives of the fourth qtr.  Chaney started dialing up passing plays instead of continuing the body blows that the running game was inflicting on TAMU.  That failure, coupled with a busted coverage, gave TAMU momentum and started the downward spiral of the Hogs.  Pass to score, run to win....Chaney called a great game, for the most part, but those series fo calls were horrible. 

I don't think the team fell apart...I think they were completely exhausted.  With the exception of running back, A&M is deeper at every position (I believe our starters are better) and were fresher in the 4th qtr--and certainly in OT.  Not to mention the momentum A&M was carrying into OT...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Chief Mac

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 29, 2014, 07:24:19 am
I don't think the team fell apart...I think they were completely exhausted.  With the exception of running back, A&M is deeper at every position (I believe our starters are better) and were fresher in the 4th qtr--and certainly in OT.  Not to mention the momentum A&M was carrying into OT...

both teams were exhausted....TAMU was mentally tougher than the Hogs.  Late in the fourth quarter, mental toughness seperates winners from losers as everyone is tired as well as beat up.   Being able to suck it up and push through is what our guys didn't do.   That's just my opinion based on playing experience.
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Chief Mac

Quote from: LZH on September 29, 2014, 07:24:13 am
Yeah I haven't even said anything about Chaney.  Yikes....

There were two times during the game that Chaney must have thought he was back at Purdue with Drew Brees, the drives before the half and the ones in the early 4th.  I was screaming at the tv asking him WTH was he doing.  Other than that, he mixed the plays up pretty good.  The playaction passing was working as was the running game.  Going to the pass, just to do so, was stupid

LZH

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on September 29, 2014, 07:28:59 am
There were two times during the game that Chaney must have thought he was back at Purdue with Drew Brees, the drives before the half and the ones in the early 4th.  I was screaming at the tv asking him WTH was he doing

I rarely get too upset with playcalling, but he just trips me out sometimes.  I don't know if he was trying to get their back seven to scoot back more or get them looking one way or both, but we looked like we were about one good, long 10-play drive from completely wearing them out....and that would probably have been the end of them, defensively anyway.  I don't get it either.

three hog night

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 29, 2014, 07:24:19 am

A&M has had 3 VERY good recruiting classes that are all in the top 10.  Their depth is much better quality than ours.  We lack Mental toughness after the scandal and 2 losing seasons.

Chief Mac

Quote from: LZH on September 29, 2014, 07:33:53 am
I rarely get too upset with playcalling, but he just trips me out sometimes.  I don't know if he was trying to get their back seven to scoot back more or get them looking one way or both, but we looked like we were about one good, long 10-play drive from completely wearing them out....and that would probably have been the end of them, defensively anyway.  I don't get it either.

I agree.  We had them on the ropes right there.  One more score and they would have tapped out and we would be discussing a 14 pt win today and if this team could possible hang with the Tide in two weeks.  It was very puzzling and if I were Bielema and would definitely be asking what he (Chaney) was thinking with those series of calls.

On the flip side, that call on the TD to Derby was absolutely beautiful

LZH

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on September 29, 2014, 07:37:19 am
I agree.  We had them on the ropes right there.  One more score and they would have tapped out and we would be discussing a 14 pt win today and if this team could possible hang with the Tide in two weeks.  It was very puzzling and if I were Bielema and would definitely be asking what he (Chaney) was thinking with those series of calls.

On the flip side, that call on the TD to Derby was absolutely beautiful

And remember the meltdown on here after the fake punt against Ole Miss last year (I think it was Ole Miss)?  Average teams have to take risks against better teams.

Having said that, it will be a while before I can get over abandoning the azz-pounding we were giving A&M.

Chief Mac

Quote from: LZH on September 29, 2014, 07:40:30 am
And remember the meltdown on here after the fake punt against Ole Miss last year (I think it was Ole Miss)?  Average teams have to take risks against better teams.  Having said that, it will be a while before I can get over abandoning the azz-pounding we were giving them.

its in the heads of the players.  2012 left lasting scars on their pysche which a win this past weekend would have fixed.  They see the wheels starting to fall off and instead of buckling down, they break. 

acey33

Quote from: IntegrityHog on September 27, 2014, 07:44:41 pm
Even if you are in the minority, and don't support CBB, don't forget about Nutt.  If CBB fails, there is a really good chance that Nutt will get his hooks back in the program, either as coach or AD.  We need to all ban together and support CBB!!!!

That will hopefully NEVER happen...

hawgon

Chaney seems like he is intent upon showing the world how smart he is three or four times a game.  I don't get the shotgun play calling.  Oh, I don't have a problem going to the shotgun ever so often, but we are so predictable out of it.  We ran, maybe once out of it and generally only used it on obvious passing downs.  Then, we never ran any down the field routes out of it.

The shotgun would be okay as a different look out of the regular offense in which we still had some running plays but the way we use it, is just dumb.  We're a power running team, stick to that.

By the way, where was the Wildcat?  We showed that in the last game and there were a couple short yardage situations where that would have been great.  It would have been a nice way to mix things up without getting too fancy or getting away from what we do.

Chief Mac

Quote from: hawgon on September 29, 2014, 08:00:17 am
Chaney seems like he is intent upon showing the world how smart he is three or four times a game.  I don't get the shotgun play calling.  Oh, I don't have a problem going to the shotgun ever so often, but we are so predictable out of it.  We ran, maybe once out of it and generally only used it on obvious passing downs.  Then, we never ran any down the field routes out of it.

The shotgun would be okay as a different look out of the regular offense in which we still had some running plays but the way we use it, is just dumb.  We're a power running team, stick to that.

By the way, where was the Wildcat?  We showed that in the last game and there were a couple short yardage situations where that would have been great.  It would have been a nice way to mix things up without getting too fancy or getting away from what we do.

Yeah, I just don't know what to think about Chaney.  For most of the game, he was dialing the plays in perfectly then he had a brainfart on three drives.....puzzling. 

Wildcat in OT would have been nice to see

hawgon

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on September 29, 2014, 08:02:32 am

Yeah, I just don't know what to think about Chaney.  For most of the game, he was dialing the plays in perfectly then he had a brainfart on three drives.....puzzling. 

I told you guys Chaney wasn't the answer.  He is 5-29 as an SEC play caller.  I don't care how well the man is respected or what he knows, that is enough of a sample size to establish a trend.

I personally think Chaney does a good job designing a game plan and he can call an excellent drive when the plays are scripted.  Look over the last two years how many times we have scored on our first one or two drives and how good we looked doing it.  But, he does not adjust.  The other team adjusts in the second half and more importantly WITHIN the second half and we do not.

And when Chaney can't figure it out, he goes back to his roots which is a spread passing game and we get a series of calls where needing to run the clock we throw three straight incompletions.

Petrino proved that play calling is a science not an art.  When the chips are down, Chaney seems to do things completely by feel and he doesn't appear to have a good feel for it.

Steef

Quote from: hawgon on September 29, 2014, 08:15:18 am
I told you guys Chaney wasn't the answer.  He is 5-29 as an SEC play caller.  I don't care how well the man is respected or what he knows, that is enough of a sample size to establish a trend.

I personally think Chaney does a good job designing a game plan and he can call an excellent drive when the plays are scripted.  Look over the last two years how many times we have scored on our first one or two drives and how good we looked doing it.  But, he does not adjust.  The other team adjusts in the second half and more importantly WITHIN the second half and we do not.

And when Chaney can't figure it out, he goes back to his roots which is a spread passing game and we get a series of calls where needing to run the clock we throw three straight incompletions.

Petrino proved that play calling is a science not an art.  When the chips are down, Chaney seems to do things completely by feel and he doesn't appear to have a good feel for it.

A carpenter cannot build anything worthwhile if he has only a hammer.

Chaneys SEC record encompasses Tenner and us, when both programs are down.

If/when he has the tools he needs and still fails, I will agree with you. But that time has not yet come.

Bobby didnt win big either, until year three. And even then, SEC was not as powerful as it is now.

hawgon

Quote from: steefhog on September 29, 2014, 08:35:07 am
A carpenter cannot build anything worthwhile if he has only a hammer.

Chaneys SEC record encompasses Tenner and us, when both programs are down.

If/when he has the tools he needs and still fails, I will agree with you. But that time has not yet come.

Bobby didnt win big either, until year three. And even then, SEC was not as powerful as it is now.

No, that just doesn't cut it.  You can't argue that the man doesn't have the tools he needs when those self same tools were good enough to get a fourteen point lead in the 4th quarter.  You can't argue that. 

Wildhog

You don't need an agenda to think the play calling was bad in the second half.  I love this team.  I love Bielema.  I can't wait to cheer on my Hogs in RRS next Saturday.  But the play calling in the second half left a lot to be desired.  If you disagree, that's fine.  It's just my (and many, many others) opinion.  Doesn't mean I support the hogs any less than these holier than thou fans.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

snoblind

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on September 29, 2014, 08:02:32 am

Doubt there is an coach in the country who called plays this past weekend and has looked at film doesn't wish they had a few do overs. 

Take away a stupid penalty, fumbled snap, DB falling down, blown coverage, and/or make a field goal in the 4th quarter and we win.  Against the #6 team in the country...

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgon on September 29, 2014, 08:44:27 am
No, that just doesn't cut it.  You can't argue that the man doesn't have the tools he needs when those self same tools were good enough to get a fourteen point lead in the 4th quarter.  You can't argue that. 

and his play calling saw two perfect play calls for over 100 yards, a td, and a 1st and goal at the 11/2 called back on penalties that had nothing to do with the play working or not.  One was just a bad hold, and the other was just a stupid play made for no reason except Skipper got mad that he was on the ground. Those two play calls were perfect for the situations.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawgon

Quote from: hogsanity on September 29, 2014, 09:45:08 am
and his play calling saw two perfect play calls for over 100 yards, a td, and a 1st and goal at the 11/2 called back on penalties that had nothing to do with the play working or not.  One was just a bad hold, and the other was just a stupid play made for no reason except Skipper got mad that he was on the ground. Those two play calls were perfect for the situations.

Sure, they were great.  But that doesn't change the fact that when the pressure is really on, he doesn't do well.  You can't argue with 5-29.  You can make excuses, but you can't argue it.

hawgon

Oh, and one more thing, I admit there is the possibility that Chaney gets better.  Because far from being the offensive guru that the press and everyone else has made him out to be, he didn't call the plays at Purdue.  The only places he has ever actually called the plays were at Tennessee and here.  The SEC, and now the SEC west are pretty danged difficult places to start learning how to call plays.  And I do think he is actually getting better at it, but I'm not sure he is going to make it.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgon on September 29, 2014, 09:48:04 am
Sure, they were great.  But that doesn't change the fact that when the pressure is really on, he doesn't do well.  You can't argue with 5-29.  You can make excuses, but you can't argue it.

Well, its not like he got to coach any great teams yet.  Plus, his side of the ball, sadly can't tackle or cover the other teams receivers.  The defense had just as many, or more, breakdowns late in the game but I don't see anyone whining about the DC. 

And I am not making an excuse, just pointing out that the same guy many of you would like to see gone called a game where his play calls put up over 550 yards, but saw, well no other way to put it, stupidity, cost them one sure td and likely another. It's not like the offense only put up 200 yards or anything like that.

Why they went to the pass more in the 4th Q?  No idea.  I am always for burning as much clock as possible in the 4th up 2 tds.  A team can burn almost 6 minutes with just a couple of 1st downs.  They can burn 2:30 just taking the full 40 seconds between plays, staying on the ground in bounds, and not making any 1st downs.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawgon

QuoteWhy they went to the pass more in the 4th Q?  No idea.  I am always for burning as much clock as possible in the 4th up 2 tds.  A team can burn almost 6 minutes with just a couple of 1st downs.  They can burn 2:30 just taking the full 40 seconds between plays, staying on the ground in bounds, and not making any 1st downs.

Yeah, but that is kind of a big thing.  I mean don't you sort of find that inexcusable.  It quite possibly was the difference in the game.  Three straight runs for no gain would have done better than what we did.  And if we are going to pass, why from the shotgun without even showing the threat of running?  We are a play action team after all.  The only thing that makes our passing game serviceable is the threat of a run.  Remove that and our very average receivers are overmatched.

superior_wang

it amazes me who is labeled as having an agenda.... i think the hogs played great on saturday, i was really impressed , and think a bowl is definitely a possibilty.  that said , all the talk about him (BB) being some great recruiter, well that is just a myth ,if you go by recruiting rankings.  hogs are still basically almost last in the sec west and sec overall.

that said, i really think we are turning a corner.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgon on September 29, 2014, 10:02:21 am
Yeah, but that is kind of a big thing.  I mean don't you sort of find that inexcusable.  It quite possibly was the difference in the game.  Three straight runs for no gain would have done better than what we did.  And if we are going to pass, why from the shotgun without even showing the threat of running?  We are a play action team after all.  The only thing that makes our passing game serviceable is the threat of a run.  Remove that and our very average receivers are overmatched.

I can only assume they saw something they thought they could exploit.  Maybe they have not come to the point where they can admit the receivers can not run away from my grandma.  They just can't get separation.   Not having Wilson really hurts in that area, he seems to be the one guy that knows how to use his body to get in position to make that tough 5 or 6 yards on a slant.

As I said in another thread, the problems right now are that the Hogs wrs are not as good as most SEC teams db's, and the Hogs db's are still not as good as most SEC teams wrs.

hogsanity

Quote from: superior_wang on September 29, 2014, 10:09:04 am
it amazes me who is labeled as having an agenda.... i think the hogs played great on saturday, i was really impressed , and think a bowl is definitely a possibilty.  that said , all the talk about him (BB) being some great recruiter, well that is just a myth ,if you go by recruiting rankings.  hogs are still basically almost last in the sec west and sec overall.

that said, i really think we are turning a corner.

Here is the thing on recruiting.  Is his recruiting bringing in better talent TO ARKANSAS than the program has had?  The next two classes will tell the tale on that. They simply have to get better at Cb and safety, ESPECIALLY safety. And they have to get a big wr, someone that can muscle himself open for the tough 5 or 6 yard slant or curl that this offense is going to need to keep drives going.

hawgon

Quote from: hogsanity on September 29, 2014, 10:14:07 am
Here is the thing on recruiting.  Is his recruiting bringing in better talent TO ARKANSAS than the program has had?  The next two classes will tell the tale on that. They simply have to get better at Cb and safety, ESPECIALLY safety. And they have to get a big wr, someone that can muscle himself open for the tough 5 or 6 yard slant or curl that this offense is going to need to keep drives going.

So why is the best safety on the team a seldom used running back?

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: IntegrityHog on September 27, 2014, 07:44:41 pm
Even if you are in the minority, and don't support CBB, don't forget about Nutt.  If CBB fails, there is a really good chance that Nutt will get his hooks back in the program, either as coach or AD.  We need to all ban together and support CBB!!!!

This is never going to happen.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgon on September 29, 2014, 10:18:23 am

Speaking of him, where was Marshall yesterday?  He must have had a tough week at practice.  He didn't get many carries.  I think I saw him once.  He needs to be part of the game plan. 

NaturalStateReb

Arkansas has made great strides this season.   Anyone who can't see that doesn't know anything about college football.  They're already light years better than they were last season.

If you haven't got sense enough to see what's happening, maybe you need to be a fan of something else.  BB's getting it done--slowly but surely.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgon on September 29, 2014, 10:18:23 am

I have no idea if he is the best safety on the team. Just because he was good at it at a small Ar HS does not mean he would be a good college safety.  Maybe they tried him there last year, and even against our own offense he could not make the right plays in practice?  No idea.

Switchback

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 29, 2014, 10:21:57 am
Arkansas has made great strides this season.   Anyone who can't see that doesn't know anything about college football.  They're already light years better than they were last season.

If you haven't got sense enough to see what's happening, maybe you need to be a fan of something else.  BB's getting it done--slowly but surely.

Agreed, our player development looks to be way ahead of schedule.  Play calling gets much better with upperclassman.

SemperFi

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 29, 2014, 10:21:57 am

Coach B's actually a year ahead of schedule. We competed and were the better team Saturday. This team still lacks the mental toughness to see them through when their back is up against the wall, but they will eventually overcome that. They'll dig their heels in and it will be the other team that will be falling apart on the wall that Coach B has built.

We have on paper arguably the best recruiting class in 2-3 decades and that's coming off a 3-9 season. The kids on campus and future Hogs have bought into his vision and the proof is what we're seeing on the field now. In the past two seasons we had no hope, but today we feel, at least the majority of us feel, that we can compete and beat any team out there. That's a good feeling to have. Not going to allow a bunch of self serving hyprocrites deny me that because they are allowed to post their posion. What I've learned in my 46 years is that people will always complain about something. No matter how good they've got it, they will complain. The secret to making those people disappear is to simply ignore them. Remove their stage and they will either get on board or fade away.

WOO PIG SOOIE!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

superior_wang

Quote from: SemperFi on September 29, 2014, 10:47:42 am
Coach B's actually a year ahead of schedule. We competed and were the better team Saturday. This team still lacks the mental toughness to see them through when their back is up against the wall, but they will eventually overcome that. They'll dig their heels in and it will be the other team that will be falling apart on the wall that Coach B has built.

We have on paper arguably the best recruiting class in 2-3 decades and that's coming off a 3-9 season. The kids on campus and future Hogs have bought into his vision and the proof is what we're seeing on the field now. In the past two seasons we had no hope, but today we feel, at least the majority of us feel, that we can compete and beat any team out there. That's a good feeling to have. Not going to allow a bunch of self serving hyprocrites deny me that because they are allowed to post their posion. What I've learned in my 46 years is that people will always complain about something. No matter how good they've got it, they will complain. The secret to making those people disappear is to simply ignore them. Remove their stage and they will either get on board or fade away.

WOO PIG SOOIE!

thats opinion, certainly not fact.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 29, 2014, 10:21:32 am
Speaking of him, where was Marshall yesterday?  He must have had a tough week at practice.  He didn't get many carries.  I think I saw him once.  He needs to be part of the game plan. 

3-19yards, the other two guys went for 230 yards, who would you take from?