Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dre Greenlaw

Started by CallThemHawgs!, September 26, 2014, 10:43:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CallThemHawgs!

Huge 72 yard kickoff return tonight for Fayetteville to put them in position to win the game against Northside. Fay threw a pick with seconds left to lose the game, but Dre has some wheels.

Really hoping we offer this kid, he could develop into one helluva player  :razorback:

intelligence

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: intelligence on September 26, 2014, 10:49:12 pm
nice, can he play cb?

6`1 200 right now... built like one...

I dunno where they would want him to play, kid has moves though... with some weight he might be one helluva safety or lb

CDBHawg

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: CDBHawg on September 26, 2014, 11:12:17 pm
OLB

Kinda what I think too.

Dont see any way you cant take a chance on this kid, unless we have some incredible talent on D coming in late.

SPAL

He will get a late offer and flip

HogWildBison2011

RD reported they are recruiting him for the Will LB position.

Hawgzinbowlz

Defending the spread we need to load up on fast and athletic 200-220 lb. OLB-DB hybrids, that like to thump.

" GO HOGS "

intelligence

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 26, 2014, 11:48:37 pm
Kinda what I think too.

Dont see any way you cant take a chance on this kid, unless we have some incredible talent on D coming in late.

That's enough of an endorsement for me . sign em' up!

immahog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 27, 2014, 01:09:59 am
He will get a late offer and flip

Has to suck to be stAte knowing that any player in state you have if the hogs come callin ....HE GONE
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

orgkeith

Kid is more around 5-11 215

ricepig

Quote from: immahog on September 27, 2014, 06:01:26 am
Has to suck to be stAte knowing that any player in state you have if the hogs come callin ....HE GONE

Generally true, but he's got a reason to go to ASU.

coastalrazorback

Quote from: ricepig on September 27, 2014, 09:08:57 am
Generally true, but he's got a reason to go to ASU.

Excuse my ignorance. What is the reason?

lumphog

Quote from: coastalrazorback on September 27, 2014, 10:00:04 am
Excuse my ignorance. What is the reason?
Step father coaches at stAte

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: lumphog on September 27, 2014, 10:33:51 am

It's actually his adoptive father.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

greenie

Quote from: lumphog on September 27, 2014, 10:33:51 am

I thought Dre was from Fayetteville.  If so, I guess his step/adoptive father doesn't live with him? 

RAZORHOGG15

I believe he stayed in fayetteville so he could play his senior year.  His dad was just hired last season
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

ricepig

Quote from: greenie on September 29, 2014, 12:16:28 am
I thought Dre was from Fayetteville.  If so, I guess his step/adoptive father doesn't live with him? 

He was the DC at Fayetteville High for a few years, then was the defense quality coach at Arkansas last year, and was hired as d-line coach this year at ASU.

greenie

Quote from: ricepig on September 29, 2014, 05:59:19 am
He was the DC at Fayetteville High for a few years, then was the defense quality coach at Arkansas last year, and was hired as d-line coach this year at ASU.

Thanks. Wasn't aware of the connection to the Ark program, or the fact that he had a coach in the house with him.  Another guy from a football family.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: greenie on September 29, 2014, 07:44:28 am
Thanks. Wasn't aware of the connection to the Ark program, or the fact that he had a coach in the house with him.  Another guy from a football family.

Kid knows the game

booogaga

I always tend to give kids who are sons of good coaches an edge over other kids whos parents who do not coach. Having that extra knowledge of the game is always a plus.
GO HOGS!

SDZ_Hog

Brian Early.  CBB hired him from FHS. 

Hogfly

Early isn't his dad or stepdad. He's more like his foster father or adoptive father from what I understand.  I'm sure there is some loyalty there but not enough to make him turn down an offer from te UofA IMO.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on September 29, 2014, 03:05:02 pm
Brian Early.  CBB hired him from FHS. 

I dont even think Early is still with us? Pretty sure he left right?

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: orgkeith on September 27, 2014, 08:30:09 am

Kid is more around 5-11 215

If those measurements are correct, & is also fast.....he sounds like a safety we need.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on September 29, 2014, 11:08:35 pm
If those measurements are correct, & is also fast.....he sounds like a safety we need.

He has wheels... long stride, and is only getting faster. Loves to hit too.

A year or two under Herbert and this kid could be a monster.

All speculation of course, but he has a very solid foundation. Especially for someone who has gotten such little attention.

ricepig

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 29, 2014, 10:45:22 pm

Quote from: ricepig on September 29, 2014, 05:59:19 am

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 29, 2014, 10:45:22 pm
Right, he left ASU as the D-Line coach for 2014. Just thinking that there is a pretty good relationship with CBB and Early if we decide to offer.

Tim Harris

They won't offer unless they know he will take it.  No way will they let us "lose" a recruit to ASU.

My guess is if they want to offer him the conversation would go something like this.

Would you commit if offered?
If answer = yes then he gets offer
If answer = no then he doesn't get an offer

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Tim Harris on September 30, 2014, 09:10:48 am
They won't offer unless they know he will take it.  No way will they let us "lose" a recruit to ASU.

My guess is if they want to offer him the conversation would go something like this.

Would you commit if offered?
If answer = yes then he gets offer
If answer = no then he doesn't get an offer

Do you think he will get an offer Tim?

If not, I think that means we have a pretty damn talented group coming in.

onebadrubi

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 30, 2014, 09:31:30 am

I think you have to combine what Tim said with the way we treat instate recruits.  Right now we are shopping for high talent out of the state.  Till we have a better feel, we can't afford to offer Greenlaw, then have 2-3 top out of state targets commit and then pull Greenlaws offer.  I believe the coaches are walking a fine line here, but I support it for types liek Haughton and the others we are after.  It may seem we need a lot in this class, but spots are getting slim across the team. Regardless we still need 2-3 great DB's. 

Been10Hog

Any way we are not offering to keep from causing a "family" conflict with adoptive/foster/mentor Dad at sister school ASU?

We usually don't mind stealing recruits from ASU. But, maybe we haven't offered b/c Early coaches there. Just sayin..

Johnboy

Quote from: Hogfly on September 29, 2014, 06:51:47 pm
Early isn't his dad or stepdad. He's more like his foster father or adoptive father from what I understand.  I'm sure there is some loyalty there but not enough to make him turn down an offer from te UofA IMO.
This type of crap annoys me to no end.  Who cares if its his adoptive father or not... it is his Father.

Tim Harris

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 30, 2014, 09:31:30 am

I think he is in the same boat that many players are in all over the country.  They are on a specific schools radar but an offer depends on how things shake out with other prospects that school is recruiting.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on September 30, 2014, 10:50:08 am
I think he is in the same boat that many players are in all over the country.  They are on a specific schools radar but an offer depends on how things shake out with other prospects that school is recruiting.

Correct, all schools have A,B,C guys, it's a just recruiting.

BrianWPS!!

Quote from: Johnboy on September 30, 2014, 10:26:35 am
This type of crap annoys me to no end.  Who cares if its his adoptive father or not... it is his Father.

Dude if I could applaud this, I would until my thumb developed carpel tunnel.

PorkRinds

Quote from: BrianWPS!! on September 30, 2014, 12:39:01 pm
Dude if I could applaud this, I would until my thumb developed carpel tunnel.

Not to be a stickler here, but carpel tunnel is in the wrist, not the thumb.  ;D

Fort Dweller

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 30, 2014, 01:08:42 pm
Not to be a stickler here, but carpel tunnel is in the wrist, not the thumb.  ;D

This type of crap annoys me to no end.  It doesn't matter  it's the thumb or not...wait...nevermind.  :)
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Fort Dweller on September 30, 2014, 01:43:35 pm
This type of crap annoys me to no end.  It doesn't matter  it's the thumb or not...wait...nevermind.  :)

Dude if I could applaud... **in my best singing voice*** it's the cirrrrrrcle, the circle of life.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

SDZ_Hog

October 01, 2014, 08:32:16 am #39 Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:08:39 am by SDZ_Hog
nm