Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bryce English highlights from tonight

Started by The Recruiting Guy, September 26, 2014, 10:31:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

intelligence

a 5'11 dt? guy must be really good at using his smaller height and lower center of gravity to get leverage against bigger guards. I just don't know how i feel about taking a 5th dl in this class, however if he wants to come sign him up. rather have a full cupboard at DT than an spotty 2 deep

CallThemHawgs!

I dont like short defensive lineman, thats my personal opinion. For various reasons. In fact, more often than not short lineman dont work out at all. On either side of the ball.

bigdaddyhawg

I am constantly amazed how obsessed you guys get with measurables.

If a kid is a stud player he can play.  Warren Sapp was <6'.

I have zero knowledge about this kid, but if this staff thinks he can play they'll go after him, they're not desperate at this point.   Geez.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Razorpigg

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 27, 2014, 05:45:47 am
I am constantly amazed how obsessed you guys get with measurables.

If a kid is a stud player he can play.  Warren Sapp was <6'.

I have zero knowledge about this kid, but if this staff thinks he can play they'll go after him, they're not desperate at this point.   Geez.

Also, Dwight Freeney MIGHT have been 6'.  If you can play, you can play.

orgkeith

You don't want a short  D lineman that runs a 5.2.  4.8-4.9 sign him up.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: orgkeith on September 27, 2014, 08:29:07 am

W/ a DL you want explosion, quickness, power.  That doesn't always translate to a good 40 time.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

BrianWPS!!

Quote from: orgkeith on September 27, 2014, 08:29:07 am

If that same dlinemen has great hip strength/flexibility/explosiveness and can get under pads to hold down the line of scrimmage then i don't give a damn if he runs a 5.2.  40 time is a useless measurement for an interior defensive linemen and height is not always necessary. 

Bubba's Bruisers

English would be a nice steal.  I'll take 'em.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

luke hawg

How about we let herb trim him up into a 285 lb fullback.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: luke hawg on September 28, 2014, 08:30:18 pm
How about we let herb trim him up into a 285 lb fullback.

I see a solid, quick 305, maybe a few team weight lifting records... I'll take 2 more just like him.

Seebs

If a D Lineman is running a 40 in a game he has already lost the battle.
Give me 10-yard quick-twitch muscle reaction times, great technique and an attitude that would make Dan Skipper blush and we have ourselves a monster.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.