Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nicholls State

Started by EastexHawg, September 26, 2014, 11:00:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

We didn't get to watch any football last Saturday because we were at the game, and this week has been a killer at work, so I am just now noticing the Nicholls State game from last weekend.

Wow.  A 2-2 North Texas team that lost by three TDs to Louisiana Tech was ahead of Nicholls 70-3 at the end of the third quarter.  They ended up winning 77-3.

North Texas ran for 324 yards and averaged almost 10 yards per play.

Nicholls may be the worst team in the history of college football, or at least the worse since the Cumberland team that lost 222-0 to Georgia Tech during the Woodrow Wilson administration.

PorkRinds

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 26, 2014, 11:00:38 am
We didn't get to watch any football last Saturday because we were at the game, and this week has been a killer at work, so I am just now noticing the Nicholls State game from last weekend.

Wow.  A 2-2 North Texas team that lost by three TDs to Louisiana Tech was ahead of Nicholls 70-3 at the end of the third quarter.  They ended up winning 77-3.

North Texas ran for 324 yards and averaged almost 10 yards per play.

Nicholls may be the worst team in the history of college football, or at least the worse since the Cumberland team that lost 222-0 to Georgia Tech during the Woodrow Wilson administration.

It's also likely that NT left their starters in and kept on the gas the whole game.  By the 3rd quarter we had hardly any starters in, unless they just needed the reps and were actively trying NOT to score.  It was ugly.

nattyhypethe3rd

In before someone says they scored 7 on us so therefore North Texas is better than Arkansas haha
"Don't talk like one of them, you're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me. They need you right now. But when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper. See, their morals, their code... it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you, when the chips are down, these... these civilized people? They'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve."- The Joker from The Dark Knight

wholehog92

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 26, 2014, 11:00:38 am
the worse since the Cumberland team that lost 222-0 to Georgia Tech during the Woodrow Wilson administration.

Is that the game where the losing team actually just sat down on the field for the KO after the TD?
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Russ22

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 26, 2014, 11:03:37 am
It's also likely that NT left their starters in and kept on the gas the whole game.  By the 3rd quarter we had hardly any starters in, unless they just needed the reps and were actively trying NOT to score.  It was ugly.
Complete speculation on your part. Do you think UNT doesn't have young guys that need game reps just like every other team?
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

PorkRinds

Quote from: Russ22 on September 26, 2014, 11:06:08 am
Complete speculation on your part. Do you think UNT doesn't have young guys that need game reps just like every other team?

Notice I said "it's also likely"?  That must be what clued you in that it was complete speculation.

Biggus Piggus

Nicholls' head coach quit. You think that team is in better shape today than it was when it had a head coach?
[CENSORED]!

GoHogs1091

Nicholls State could get obliterated by UCA this weekend.  UCA has a lot of frustration to take out on Nicholls State (UCA has lost 3 games by a total of 19 points, with 2 of the losses being to nationally ranked teams, and 1 of the loses occurred on a 53 yard field goal with time expiring).

Nicholls State is going to have nightmares about the State of Arkansas after this weekend (after having played the Hogs, Henderson State, and UCA).

EastexHawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 26, 2014, 11:09:57 am
Nicholls' head coach quit.

I missed that.  Apparently the team has quit, too.

Henderson State must be abominable because they only beat Nicholls by three scores.

Hogarusa

Why do we need a weekly report on how awful Nicholls State is?  None of their outcomes matter.  We knew they were awful when they were put on the schedule
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

LivingLegends

Sounds like Nicholls Is doing it wrong. 

The Hogfather

Who give a shiz?  They suck.  Doesn't really matter if they sucke more or less than Presbyterian or Lamar.

cmhogn

HOGS could have beat them 112-0 had they left the starters in.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hogarusa on September 26, 2014, 11:14:07 am
Why do we need a weekly report on how awful Nicholls State is?  None of their outcomes matter.  We knew they were awful when they were put on the schedule

Relax, this thread isn't taking up too much space on the server.  The Haiku and Pigeon Forge threads are still available if you want to post in them

The Hogfather

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 26, 2014, 11:45:19 am
Relax, this thread isn't taking up too much space on the server.  The Haiku and Pigeon Forge threads are still available if you want to post in them

They suck as well.

LivingLegends

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 26, 2014, 11:45:19 am

The "Kick or Recieve" thread is quality as well.

PorkRinds

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 26, 2014, 11:47:44 am
They suck as well.

The Haiku threads are amazing.  Don't talk em down. 

DeltaBoy

I doubt Nicholls could beat Benny HS or  John Tyer this year!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The Hogfather

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 26, 2014, 12:56:53 pm
The Haiku threads are amazing.  Don't talk em down. 

Just not my thing.

EastexHawg

And so it continues...

Central Arkansas 52, Nicholls 18.

I don't think words exist to express how horrifically bad Nicholls is.

The Hogfather

Who give a shiz?  They suck.  Doesn't really matter if they sucke more or less than Presbyterian or Lamar.

EastexHawg

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 29, 2014, 09:45:16 am

Okay, you don't care and don't want to hear about it. 

Was the thread title not clear enough or were you somehow deceived into first going to General Sports...then clicking on it?

The Hogfather

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 29, 2014, 11:28:53 am
Okay, you don't care and don't want to hear about it. 

Was the thread title not clear enough or were you somehow deceived into first going to General Sports...then clicking on it?

Plenty clear.  I felt like responding again to make sure you understand that nobody cares.  They suck really bad and everyone knows it.  Wow!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 29, 2014, 09:44:02 am
And so it continues...

Central Arkansas 52, Nicholls 18.

I don't think words exist to express how horrifically bad Nicholls is.

Our worst opponent in my lifetime.  Said it the night we played them. I don't go back as far as the Wichita St game.  You've upset some homers apparently who tried to take something from our game with them.  It did give some underclassmen game snaps which is what rent a wins should do.  Doesn't appear to have hurt us competitively either. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 26, 2014, 11:12:11 am
Nicholls State could get obliterated by UCA this weekend.  UCA has a lot of frustration to take out on Nicholls State (UCA has lost 3 games by a total of 19 points, with 2 of the losses being to nationally ranked teams, and 1 of the loses occurred on a 53 yard field goal with time expiring).

Nicholls State is going to have nightmares about the State of Arkansas after this weekend (after having played the Hogs, Henderson State, and UCA).

Wonder if that FG kicker would like to transfer to an SEC school.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 29, 2014, 12:17:49 pm
You've upset some homers apparently who tried to take something from our game with them.

Say what?  Do you think that's why I'm making the comments I'm making?  We paid a team to come in and get killed.  I don't think anyone was trying to make anything of this game.  We all know they sucked horribly.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 29, 2014, 12:17:49 pm
Our worst opponent in my lifetime. 

I agree.  Plenty of rent-a-wins are terrible, but Nicholls this year is a special case.  It's way beyond "they suck".  They are historically bad.  Two weeks from now they play my alma mater, Stephen F. Austin.  SFA is breaking in a new QB this year and was 3-9 last year, but I still expect them to hang close to half a hundred on Nicholls.