Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tech vs OSU tonight 6:30 on ESPN

Started by lumphog, September 25, 2014, 04:57:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirForceHog

Both of these teams are awful. And one of them is a top 25 team.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

pigture perfect

I hate the way that game ended. We would have smoked Okie Light.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PorkRinds

That was one of the worst games I've ever watched.

kaptainkory

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 25, 2014, 10:40:10 pm
That was one of the worst games I've ever watched.

Agreed.  Horrific!  ...surprisingly, they were still over 100 yards SHORT of the NCAA record for most penalty yards in a game.

lumphog

Quote from: ChauvinistPig on September 25, 2014, 09:48:52 pm
After watching this game, I'm feeling a lot more confident about Sat. I think we may win
I think you're RIGHT.....for some funny reason, I have visions of K Marshall gashin' aTm like Freddie Kruger

forrest city joe

Quote from: JIHawg on September 25, 2014, 10:18:42 pm
Didn't they almost beat FSU?
Yes. and had a hell of a time beating a Tech team at home. we beat that same Tech team by 3 touchdowns in Lubbock. we would run over Tech. FSU must have sleep walk through that game.

nole10591

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 25, 2014, 10:58:38 pm
Yes. and had a hell of a time beating a Tech team at home. we beat that same Tech team by 3 touchdowns in Lubbock. we would run over Tech. FSU must have sleep walk through that game . it's over.... FSU would lose to you guys.

So long lost DECADE !!!

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Boar War on September 25, 2014, 10:34:20 pm
UCLA has been flirting with disaster all season.  I think they lose tonight.

Oops...

The Boar War

Quote from: The Boar War on September 25, 2014, 10:34:20 pm
UCLA has been flirting with disaster all season.  I think they lose tonight.

Of course what do I know?

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Boar War on September 26, 2014, 07:42:35 am
Of course what do I know?

They had looked iffy until last night.  All you have to do is let them play a Pac 12 defense and their offense explodes.  :)

EastexHawg

Quote from: AirForceHog on September 25, 2014, 10:38:26 pm

Tech's defense got smoked for 400 yards and 5 TDs by a walk-on, backup QB.  Not that Oklahoma State looks like a world beater, but Tech is terrible defensively.  They may outscore someone (like Kansas) but I'm not 100% sure they'll win another game.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: AirForceHog on September 25, 2014, 10:38:26 pm

I told my son if OSU was #24, then we are a top 10 team.

Side note:  I don't think I've ever seen a team throw the go route as often as OSU did last night.  Amazingly, it worked for them.  But, that was a 'wow' for me.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

The Hogfather

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 26, 2014, 09:24:34 am
I told my son if OSU was #24, then we are a top 10 team.

Side note:  I don't think I've ever seen a team throw the go route as often as OSU did last night.  Amazingly, it worked for them.  But, that was a 'wow' for me.

To me, that's gross football.  Just run as fast as you can as straight as you can and I'll throw it as far as I can........100 times a game.  We'll complete 50 of them and score 350 points!  YAY!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 26, 2014, 10:21:41 am
To me, that's gross football.  Just run as fast as you can as straight as you can and I'll throw it as far as I can........100 times a game.  We'll complete 50 of them and score 350 points!  YAY!

I get ya, but honestly I'd rather see it thrown deep 100 times a game than this mickey mouse, dink and dunk BS you see everywhere these days.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

The Hogfather

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 26, 2014, 10:27:39 am
I get ya, but honestly I'd rather see it thrown deep 100 times a game than this mickey mouse, dink and dunk BS you see everywhere these days.

I hate both.  I like a good mix.  I love seeing a good running game and playaction off of it. 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 26, 2014, 10:32:21 am
I hate both.  I like a good mix.  I love seeing a good running game and playaction off of it. 

I loved CBP's offense, his balance run-pass, but also his brilliant play calling.

But I have to say I am REALLY loving what the blend of CBB/CJC is bringing to the table.

And add what Pittman brings with his OL recruiting and coaching, and I don't think we're going to have a problem on offense.

The Hogfather

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 26, 2014, 10:51:35 am
I loved CBP's offense, his balance run-pass, but also his brilliant play calling.

But I have to say I am REALLY loving what the blend of CBB/CJC is bringing to the table.

And add what Pittman brings with his OL recruiting and coaching, and I don't think we're going to have a problem on offense.

Agree with all of this.  I loved Petrino's "Power Spread", but I also love the offense we have now.