Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tech vs OSU tonight 6:30 on ESPN

Started by lumphog, September 25, 2014, 04:57:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 25, 2014, 09:06:42 pm
The broadcast crew for this game just picked Alabama, Oklahoma, Oregon and A&M for the NC playoff.  It was like Arkansas doesn't even exist Saturday.  Arkansas MUST beat A&M this weekend.  I am really sick of Arkansas being completely disregarded and the only way to make that garbage stop is to win some dadgum games!
I totally agree. However, as much as it pains me to say it we won't get much of the respect we deserve until we go out and beat one or more of our ranked brethren from the SECW. Only then will be have begun to prove the remaining doubters that we are someone to be reckoned with and respected.

SDZ_Hog

close to the red zone. Time for a Webb interception  er touchdown I mean

jfred59

Quote from: alohawg on September 25, 2014, 08:56:12 pm
TT needs to fire their defensive coordinator....... :)

Dont worry this new will get wired up and get himself fired too

Ironhawg

MS_HogFan

Almost 3hours into the game and there is 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. 
SOOIE

Hoggish1

Have to shut this game down (yawn).  Football like this is unwatchable...!

Ironhawg

Oh my.  3rd & 18 and they give up 17 on a draw.

Pudgepork

at this pace they'll be playing at midnight

Fayettechill14

Ack. Now Davis Webb is hurt. Tech has only one other scholarship QB, a true freshman.

ArkRazr

September 25, 2014, 09:40:31 pm #109 Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:26:47 pm by ArkRazr
TT has 16 penalties for 158 yards....

OSU has 10 for 129 yards

Sloppy

Ironhawg

Webb gone to the locker room.  Not looking good for him.

redeye

The broadcast crew for this game just picked Alabama, Oklahoma, Oregon and A&M for the NC playoff.  It was like Arkansas doesn't even exist Saturday.  Arkansas MUST beat A&M this weekend.  I am really sick of Arkansas being completely disregarded and the only way to make that garbage stop is to win some dadgum games!

When this happened 3-4 years ago, I thought the same thing.  But I don't think we've earned the respect to be mentioned for the playoff, yet.  It could happen this year, but I think 2015 is more likely.  This is more like 2009 and Petrino's 2nd year to me.

ChauvinistPig

I think Webb just had the same weird freak shoulder injury that BA had last year

TX HOG

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 25, 2014, 09:37:39 pm
Ack. Now Davis Webb is hurt. Tech has only one other scholarship QB, a true freshman.

Patrick mahomes played HS 5 mins from my house. His dad was a phenomena athlete and pitched several yrs in the mlb.

Pudgepork

13 penalties with another quarter to go?

Fayettechill14

Quote from: ChauvinistPig on September 25, 2014, 09:41:37 pm
I think Webb just had the same weird freak shoulder injury that BA had last year

Same way of injuring it. Had a nifty 23-yard scramble and fell on it awkwardly.

Of course, it was called back by a penalty. Not surprising.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Pudgepork on September 25, 2014, 09:42:53 pm
13 penalties with another quarter to go?

78 plays, 482 yards. Only 28 points because of 2 turnovers and 133 penalty yards.

Ironhawg

976 yards of total offense to this point.  Defense?  We don't need no stinking defense!

ChauvinistPig

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 25, 2014, 09:43:24 pm
Same way of injuring it. Had a nifty 23-yard scramble and fell on it awkwardly.

Of course, it was called back by a penalty. Not surprising.

Never mind he's back. Must have just dislocated it

Fayettechill14

Tech run defense holding up just fine. Oklahoma State has 4.1 yards per carry. Pretty weak for a spread team. It's the pass defense that's clueless.

Fayettechill14

EastexHawg

Webb apparently coming back in.  If Mahomes gets in the game and lights it up Webb may never see the field again.

Hogfan1660

I can't watch this crap anymore! I can't remember a game that has had more penalties called in my life and I have been watching football for over 40 years!

Fayettechill14

Webb done for game, although the injury isn't serious.

Pudgepork

Quote from: ChauvinistPig on September 25, 2014, 09:44:52 pm
Never mind he's back. Must have just dislocated it

if he turns loose a pass for 60 yards then he's ok.   If he has a man wide open at 30 yds and his pass goes 12 then we'll recognize the injury

bulldog04

They just said Webb was not going back in and he is visibly upset

ChauvinistPig

After watching this game, I'm feeling a lot more confident about Sat. I think we may win

The Boar War

That may be the craziest interception I've evere seen.  They need to add the Benny Hill music as a soundtrack.

TomasPistola

What in the blue hell was that QB thinking?
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Ironhawg

I feel bad for TT.  They were rolling on offense again before Webb got hurt.

Pudgepork

Quote from: The Boar War on September 25, 2014, 09:53:13 pm
That may be the craziest interception I've evere seen.  They need to add the Benny Hill music as a soundtrack.

HaHa   Benny was great.   And a perv   He'd have fit right in around her, uh I mean here

naturalbornpigger

that roughing call on TT was BS.  Ball had barely left QB's hand.

rljjr

I know Tech is heavily penalized, but that was a terrible call on the late hit on the QB. Not surprised that Big 12 officials don't understand that is what defense is supposed to do, though.

hawgbawb

Dude. We are 0-1 in the SEC.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

The Boar War

#7 for Tech just straight up didn't want to tackle the running back.  Makes you wonder if Kingsbury has Petrino like restrictions on the defense.

jcbville

Jek Tono Porkins

Unbelievable PI call puts the ball on the 2 yard line. Unbelievable. That ball was about 10 feet over the receiver's head.

I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Pudgepork

Quote from: The Boar War on September 25, 2014, 09:57:56 pm
#7 for Tech just straight up didn't want to tackle the running back.  Makes you wonder if Kingsbury has Petrino like restrictions on the defense.

was he Deon Sanders son???   I remember several times when a RB would bust loose and it would look like he was chasing Deon down the field, lol

Ironhawg

Quote from: hawgbawb on September 25, 2014, 09:57:14 pm
Dude. We are 0-1 in the SEC.

I am well aware that we are 0-1 in the SEC.  Try reading what i wrote.  Unless we start winning we are going to continue to be overlooked and i am ready for that to stop. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: TomasPistola on September 25, 2014, 09:53:30 pm
What in the blue hell was that QB thinking?

The ball hit the receiver in the hands.  It should have been caught, not intercepted.

forrest city joe

Quote from: ChauvinistPig on September 25, 2014, 09:48:52 pm
After watching this game, I'm feeling a lot more confident about Sat. I think we may win
We may win or we may not win. but we are better than OK. State. if they are the 24th ranked team in the country. the country is in trouble. they don't look much better than Tech.

The Boar War

Quote from: Pudgepork on September 25, 2014, 10:09:34 pm
was he Deon Sanders son???   I remember several times when a RB would bust loose and it would look like he was chasing Deon down the field, lol

Could've been related.  This guy could have had a tackle in the backfield with a small adjustment but instead thought "Awww screw it".

forrest city joe

We would run over 24th rank OK. State, just like we did Tech.

JIHawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 25, 2014, 10:10:53 pm
We may win or we may not win. but we are better than OK. State. if they are the 24th ranked team in the country. the country is in trouble. they don't look much better than Tech.

Didn't they almost beat FSU?

Huckleberry Pig

yup, and they are at home no less.

sloppy play from a sloppy conference.

Pudgepork

Gundy has supposedly done well with recruiting.  They have injuries but dang they don't look good at all.   lol  maybe they are like some of Nolans teams and are playing down to their competition because Tech sure doesn't look good

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

EastexHawg

Tech is awful and their defense is worse.

The Boar War

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 25, 2014, 10:25:26 pm
Yeah, and Memphis almost beat UCLA.

UCLA has been flirting with disaster all season.  I think they lose tonight.

Pudgepork

Quote from: The Boar War on September 25, 2014, 10:34:20 pm
UCLA has been flirting with disaster all season.  I think they lose tonight.

That'd make my night better.   I don't like their coach.