Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MS_HogFan on September 25, 2014, 11:52:55 am
It seems like we have
Skipper
Wallace
C. Jackson
Ragnow could play tackle I think.
Beck? Im not sure.

So not many OT's and there's a real chance Skipper could be gone after next season.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Tim Harris

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on September 25, 2014, 10:22:44 am
what about Barnett?

There are kids you take regardless.....Barnett is one of those.

Purely from a needs perspective though I think OT is a greater need than OG.

secneahog

Quote from: Tim Harris on September 25, 2014, 12:22:51 pm
There are kids you take regardless.....Barnett is one of those.

Purely from a needs perspective though I think OT is a greater need than OG.

When is jovan Pruitt eligible ?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on September 25, 2014, 11:05:15 am
We signed 23 in Feb, Josh Williams late and gave colquitt the last one

So, none of those 23 counted back to 2013 when we undersigned?

rljjr

Congratulations, Josh Allen! Welcome to Arkansas. Best of luck in reaching your goals and achieving your dreams. You sound like a well-grounded man.

secneahog

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/130937/highlights/8606381

This guys video is very impressive. Great feet, explosive, hips are nice, nice punch on impact.

Looks good at defensive tackle also. Nice hips in pursuit.

Saw him pancake a few guys then help them up. Classy guy.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2014, 12:25:50 pm
So, none of those 23 counted back to 2013 when we undersigned?

Not sure.  I know we ended up giving Arinze a scholarship so that means at most 1 could have been counted back.  Seems like RD had answered this before and that he didn't think any of the 14 early enrollees counted back. 

mbd1475

Trey Biddy said on Twitter a little bit ago that Allen would count for 2015 class.

mhuff

Someone please enlighten me..... I am cornfused. ;) I thought the days of counting back were gone with rule changes.

MS_HogFan

Quote from: mhuff on September 25, 2014, 01:07:02 pm
Someone please enlighten me..... I am cornfused. ;) I thought the days of counting back were gone with rule changes.

I think you can still count back. You get to average 25 per year. If we sign 23 this year we get 2 extra next year.
SOOIE

ricepig

Quote from: mhuff on September 25, 2014, 01:07:02 pm

If you undersign, you can bring in that amount in January and count it back to the previous class. Any freshmen or sophomore's that you put on scholarship count for the class they would have been in. That's why a lot of Jr's/SRs walk-ons get awarded scholarships, they only count against the 85 limit. Either way on Josh, he is worth the spot, glad we got him, big plus.

Tim Harris

Quote from: secneahog on September 25, 2014, 12:23:49 pm
When is jovan Pruitt eligible ?

He has to go to JC for 2 years and then we could sign him again and he would count against whatever class that is.  I think it would be the 2016 class

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MS_HogFan on September 25, 2014, 01:09:41 pm
I think you can still count back. You get to average 25 per year. If we sign 23 this year we get 2 extra next year.

I think provided the player graduates from HS or JUCO, and thus can enroll, within the year he's counting back.  Or something like that.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

MS_HogFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 25, 2014, 01:28:53 pm
I think provided the player graduates from HS or JUCO, and thus can enroll, within the year he's counting back.  Or something like that.

Together we would make 1 good poster.
SOOIE

simon the squealot

This kid seems to be another high character, athletic young man with a frame that can carry 300 + pounds. Welcome to the hill, Mr. Allen.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 25, 2014, 10:55:07 am
I think we lose the following O-Linemen after this season.
Cook
Jefferson
McClure
Stringer
Charpentier
Stringer

Returning (at this time anyway) will be:
Beck
Danehauer
Deacon
Kirkland
Ragnow
Smothers
Tretola
Skipper
Koehler
Wallace

Coming in:
Colton Jackson
Zach Rogers
Josh Allen

And yeah, I'm going to hope:
Jalin Barnett

Ideally I think you would like to have about 18 O-Linemen, at least 16. This puts us at 14 unless there are others that haven't been mentioned/listed.

And I could still see us bringing a Juco OT if they thought he would help...

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 25, 2014, 02:50:49 pm

Yep, we need 1 more OT, or plans to move a guard.

mhuff

Wildhog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 25, 2014, 02:50:49 pm

Tyler Howell
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

mhuff

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2014, 01:21:23 pm
If you undersign, you can bring in that amount in January and count it back to the previous class. Any freshmen or sophomore's that you put on scholarship count for the class they would have been in. That's why a lot of Jr's/SRs walk-ons get awarded scholarships, they only count against the 85 limit. Either way on Josh, he is worth the spot, glad we got him, big plus.

Well you explained it well.... I guess I am just slow. I knew we were getting some Jucos that way. But, I thought they changed the rules to where if your commit did not make it for whatever reason, you were just out of luck. Thx.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: GuvHog on September 25, 2014, 10:52:23 am
Smothers has started every game this year and has been a solid O Lineman. It simply amazes me that some STILL insist that Ragnow will beat him out. Unbelievable.

Probably because Ragnow is playing a lot.

ricepig

Quote from: mhuff on September 25, 2014, 03:32:49 pm
Well you explained it well.... I guess I am just slow. I knew we were getting some Jucos that way. But, I thought they changed the rules to where if your commit did not make it for whatever reason, you were just out of luck. Thx.

We did lose Pruitt, he signed but didn't qualify, and counted against our 25.

Wildhog

Quote from: mhuff on September 25, 2014, 03:32:49 pm

Yeah, they basically closed the "sign and place" loop hole.  A lot of school had been signing STUDS that had NO CHANCE to qualify, and that gave them a leg up on recruiting them out of juco or prep school.  It didn't count against them, so why not do it?  The rule you're talking about made it so that if they don't qualify, they still count against your 25 limit.

Rice explained it well.  Just thought I'd thrown a couple more cents.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

lumphog

Quote from: trashcan maN on September 25, 2014, 09:42:08 am
From Josh's FB. Sounds like he's gone through a tough time:

Just got cleared by the university of Arkansas Razorbacks. They said I'm eligible and I will be on my way in January. No flags, no nothing. Many doubted me, laughed and talked about me but if you know me stuff like that is irrelevant to me, cause I live for one purpose and one God, not you, not your wicked ways, not your manly ways, not your materialistic things. I mean, you can have it, but me? Nah. The way I was made and built wasn't meant to fit in or go by what others do or say. God gave me visions and dreams that some wouldn't userstand, he gave me a Goal that others wouldn't dare touch. You think this is something just wait for the years to come. Me and my God got plans and we will change a little if not a lot. You can smile or smerk but I made it this far with no help and no friends and I can make many more miles without. I'm to focused on what God has put before me and I will not disappoint or betray him for what's to be done. Time and planning is all in my favor for even if I die tomorrow or the next day, my love and heart will forever be with the ones who suffer and have no voice in this world. Don't give up hope because God is fighting and I'm fighting for you. Goodnight and may God be with you all. Forever thankful and blessed. ‪#‎Razorback‬ ‪#‎hawg‬
-Deuteronomy 31:6"
^^^^I LIKE THIS GUY^^^^  I'm pullin for you Josh & WELCOME HOME!!!!!

mhuff

Just got cleared by the university of Arkansas Razorbacks. They said I'm eligible and I will be on my way in January. No flags, no nothing. Many doubted me, laughed and talked about me but if you know me stuff like that is irrelevant to me, cause I live for one purpose and one God, not you, not your wicked ways, not your manly ways, not your materialistic things. I mean, you can have it, but me? Nah. The way I was made and built wasn't meant to fit in or go by what others do or say. God gave me visions and dreams that some wouldn't userstand, he gave me a Goal that others wouldn't dare touch. You think this is something just wait for the years to come. Me and my God got plans and we will change a little if not a lot. You can smile or smerk but I made it this far with no help and no friends and I can make many more miles without. I'm to focused on what God has put before me and I will not disappoint or betray him for what's to be done. Time and planning is all in my favor for even if I die tomorrow or the next day, my love and heart will forever be with the ones who suffer and have no voice in this world. Don't give up hope because God is fighting and I'm fighting for you. Goodnight and may God be with you all. Forever thankful and blessed. ‪#‎Razorback‬ ‪#‎hawg‬

Man on a mission. I wouldn't get in his way.

fakebobholt

I like his offer list. I tend to pay almost more attention to that than the stars

Matt Burks

That's awesome to me! Love his character displayed with this post.

Chief Mac

Quote from: fakebobholt on September 25, 2014, 05:53:27 pm
I like his offer list. I tend to pay almost more attention to that than the stars

Yet piss and moan about the lack of four star committed defensive recruits

Quote from: fakebobholt on September 25, 2014, 05:54:44 pm
please help me see how our current coach is recruiting defense better than the past coach. 3 star kids arent going to cut it if we want to beat the big 4
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Melorock089

If Bielema and Pittman want him, I don't care what he is ranked.

mbd1475

Quote from: Melorock089 on September 25, 2014, 07:02:30 pm
If Bielema and Pittman want him, I don't care what he is ranked.

This all day.

Pudgepork

Woo Pig Sooiiee!!!!   Thanks for joining the Razorbacks Josh and we look forward to watching you 'gently' move people out of your path through the years.....

Pudgepork

I'm having one of those brain thingies(not unusual), but what happened to OL Wade out of Memphis?????   I had high hopes for him because he seemed to be a player

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

ARtillahog

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on September 25, 2014, 06:41:46 pm
Yet piss and moan about the lack of four star committed defensive recruits

Thank you for pointing out the hypocrisy.  +1