Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Allen is a Hog

Started by Music City Hog, September 24, 2014, 10:19:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

@DannyWest1: 2014 OL Josh Allen reports he has been deemed eligible by the Univ. of #Arkansas and will enroll in January. Another good addition for Hogs.

The Boar War

luke hawg

I wish the sites would put this kid on our commit list. He deserves to be recognized. The twitter folks need to show him some love. I'm sure this has been a nerve racking process for the young man.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Music City Hog on September 24, 2014, 10:19:18 pm
@DannyWest1: 2014 OL Josh Allen reports he has been deemed eligible by the Univ. of #Arkansas and will enroll in January. Another good addition for Hogs.
This is truly another great pick-up. this kids offer list was unreal. he is another one of those great Florida players. i read on a UNC board a few weeks back that he was the real deal. they hated losing this kid. our recruiting just get's better and better.

RICKHOGHEAD

Oklahawg

Thanks MCH for the update. Welcome aboard JA!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

FrozenHam

Welcome aboard, Josh!  Fantastic pickup; look forward to seeing you fill a Razorback uniform.  WPS.

forrest city joe

The great recruiting news just keeps on rolling in. this kid had offers from Nebraska,FSU,UNC and UGA. he is yet another big time talent added to our O-Line. coach B and Sam Pittman are the real deal.

redeye

Quote from: luke hawg on September 24, 2014, 10:27:52 pm
I wish the sites would put this kid on our commit list. He deserves to be recognized. The twitter folks need to show him some love. I'm sure this has been a nerve racking process for the young man.

They put him on our 2014 list.  He's now the 6th highest ranked player in the 2014 class, between Peavey and Toliver.  Ironically, we jumped UNC in the 2014 rankings and are now ranked 29th. 

Thanks for sharing the great news MCH!

scruf

Without adding Josh Allen to the current class, Arkansas is #21 on Rivals with an average player ranking of 3.5 X 14 commits. By comparison, Auburn is ranked #9 with an average ranking of 3.5 and a total of 20 commits. Of the eight SEC schools currently ranked above the Hogs in Rivals recruiting standings, only Alabama (3.95), South Carolina (3.54), Georgia (3.57), and Texas A&M (3.53) have higher average player ratings. The Razorbacks are ahead of LSU (3.47),Tennessee (3.45), and Mississippi (3.11).  If you sort the national rankings by player average, Arkansas would be 12th overall and 6th in the SEC.

Anyway, thought some of you guys might find this interesting and the next time some Eeyore tries to sell you the "bottom half of the SEC in recruiting" line - don't buy it.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

pigture perfect

That's cool stuff, scruf.

Welcome aboard Josh.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Music City Hog

Quote from: scruf on September 24, 2014, 11:28:36 pm
Without adding Josh Allen to the current class, Arkansas is #21 on Rivals with an average player ranking of 3.5 X 14 commits. By comparison, Auburn is ranked #9 with an average ranking of 3.5 and a total of 20 commits. Of the eight SEC schools currently ranked above the Hogs in Rivals recruiting standings, only Alabama (3.95), South Carolina (3.54), Georgia (3.57), and Texas A&M (3.53) have higher average player ratings. The Razorbacks are ahead of LSU (3.47),Tennessee (3.45), and Mississippi (3.11).  If you sort the national rankings by player average, Arkansas would be 12th overall and 6th in the SEC.

Anyway, thought some of you guys might find this interesting and the next time some Eeyore tries to sell you the "bottom half of the SEC in recruiting" line - don't buy it.

While I agree this is encouraging, we have fewer commits.  We would have to maintain that average star ranking for the rest of the class which is unlikely.  Despite that, this is a fantastic class.  It will finish on the bottom half of the SEC again, but that's something many schools would love.   This will be be one of the better Arkansas classes, on paper, despite that.

1highhog

Welcome aboard Josh, glad you joined Razorback Nation,  can't wait to see you play after you get coaching by the best OL Coach in the country, Coach Pittman.

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

alwaysnextyear

Will need a redshirt year. So if he's here on January that will be a year and a half in the freezer

The Hogfather

I love it!  Our O-Line is going to be STOUT!

three hog night

We are starting to get scary depth for a rotation on the Oline.   We will be able to play 10 guys easily next year and beyond, which is a major recruiting tool.  Guys will get to play earlier without starting so they are experienced when it comes time to start in JR year.

And....he is another Florida player....but more importantly from the Jacksonville area.   He should be able to open some doors for us at the HIGHLY productive Jacksonville programs.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Tim Harris

Glad he is finally on board.  Now if we can add another OT to this class we will be set.

Wildhog

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on September 25, 2014, 07:36:41 am
Will need a redshirt year. So if he's here on January that will be a year and a half in the freezer

That's a good thing.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Hogfather

Quote from: three hog night on September 25, 2014, 07:45:46 am
And....he is another Florida player....but more importantly from the Jacksonville area.   He should be able to open some doors for us at the HIGHLY productive Jacksonville programs.

Been saying it for years.  I would take as many quality players from Florida as we can possibly get.

I was thinking about Javontee Herndon last night for some reason and how good he ended up being for not being recruited at all.  We literally offered him a scholarship on signing day.  Remember that?  Nobody could figure out who he was or why we would offer a 1-star with no offers.  He ended up being pretty good for us.  Not a star, but good.  There are 100s of kids like him in Florida every year. 

Hawgzinbowlz

Welcome to " The Hill " Mr. Josh Allen. You'll like it here and we already like you.

" GO HOGS "

Hollywood_HOGan45

At the scout site the headline is "Allen makes 15 for '15".

Will he count toward our recruiting rankings for THIS upcoming class? I would think he would count toward 15 since he isnt enrolled anywhere anyway.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Wildhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 25, 2014, 08:18:13 am
At the scout site the headline is "Allen makes 15 for '15".

Will he count toward our recruiting rankings for THIS upcoming class? I would think he would count toward 15 since he isnt enrolled anywhere anyway.

I think they'll get it worked out so that he's on the '15 rankings.  It's just going to take a little time to sort it out with the services.  Gonna have to build him another profile and get him a new rating, if they don't just use his old one.
1909/1964/1965/1977

MS_HogFan

We need to send Sam Pittman down to south Florida and bring us back a couple of Safetys.
SOOIE

mhuff

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on September 25, 2014, 08:08:57 am
Welcome to " The Hill " Mr. Josh Allen. You'll like it here and we already like you.

" GO HOGS "

CallThemHawgs!

Huge get.... this dude looks like he has one thing on his mind... hitting people...

I love it... will bring some more nasty to the Oline

secneahog

Another nice pickup at oline. Depth!
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

JIHawg

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on September 25, 2014, 07:36:41 am

You make a very positive point-we are getting to the point that we can redshirt great talents like Josh.  We no longer have to throw a new recruit out there without a year in the weight and nutrition program.

Thanks for posting something so positive.

trashcan maN

From Josh's FB. Sounds like he's gone through a tough time:

Just got cleared by the university of Arkansas Razorbacks. They said I'm eligible and I will be on my way in January. No flags, no nothing. Many doubted me, laughed and talked about me but if you know me stuff like that is irrelevant to me, cause I live for one purpose and one God, not you, not your wicked ways, not your manly ways, not your materialistic things. I mean, you can have it, but me? Nah. The way I was made and built wasn't meant to fit in or go by what others do or say. God gave me visions and dreams that some wouldn't userstand, he gave me a Goal that others wouldn't dare touch. You think this is something just wait for the years to come. Me and my God got plans and we will change a little if not a lot. You can smile or smerk but I made it this far with no help and no friends and I can make many more miles without. I'm to focused on what God has put before me and I will not disappoint or betray him for what's to be done. Time and planning is all in my favor for even if I die tomorrow or the next day, my love and heart will forever be with the ones who suffer and have no voice in this world. Don't give up hope because God is fighting and I'm fighting for you. Goodnight and may God be with you all. Forever thankful and blessed. ‪#‎Razorback‬ ‪#‎hawg‬
-Deuteronomy 31:6"

booogaga

I am reading conflicting stuff whether or not he counts towards the 14 or 15 class.
GO HOGS!

MS_HogFan

You figure next year the starters will be
Skipper Jr.
Tretola Sr.
Ragnow So
Kirkland Jr
Wallace RFr

That leaves us with these guys as backups.
Smothers
Koehler
Danenhauer
Deacon
Gibson
Hannah

Smothers is the only one with any experience. A couple of them are walkons. We are not as deep as it seems. At least 1 of the new guys will play.
SOOIE

ricepig

Quote from: booogaga on September 25, 2014, 09:44:57 am
I am reading conflicting stuff whether or not he counts towards the 14 or 15 class.

Those who know, know, haha. In other words, Bielema, Pitman, Franks, know where he fits in.

trashcan maN

Boogaga, he counts toward 2015 because we gave our last 2014 schollies to walkons. If we had an open 2014 scholly, we could give it to him since hes an early enrollee, but we have none left.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2014, 09:49:00 am
Those who know, know, haha. In other words, Bielema, Pitman, Franks, know where he fits in.

He definitely counts toward '15.  We didn't have the room to count him back to last year.
1909/1964/1965/1977

netteltonhog

JackJohnson

Quote from: netteltonhog on September 25, 2014, 10:10:47 am
Smothers is a senior

Redshirt Jr.  He sat out and redshirted as a true soph in 2012 after playing as a true frosh in 2011

Quote from: MS_HogFan on September 25, 2014, 09:48:09 am
Skipper Jr.
Tretola Sr.
Ragnow So
Kirkland Jr
Wallace RFr

Smothers
Koehler
Danenhauer
Deacon
Gibson
Hannah

Smothers is the only one with any experience. A couple of them are walkons. We are not as deep as it seems. At least 1 of the new guys will play.

Austin Beck will be a RS Sr next year- but to your point he hasn't really played either

hall6769

September 25, 2014, 10:19:11 am #38 Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:33:46 am by hall6769
Smothers is a RS Junior.... It could be possible that the walk on schollies were from players that are no longer on the team(Cowan/Arkadie/DKT/Peters/Tavarres/Brigoni/Fisher and some other guys that never saw the field and graduated last year like Morgan Linton(RS Junior) We had schollies open up on the team.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Tim Harris on September 25, 2014, 07:50:46 am
Glad he is finally on board.  Now if we can add another OT to this class we will be set.

what about Barnett?

SemperFi

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on September 25, 2014, 10:22:44 am
what about Barnett?

....exactly! If we can get Jalin Barnett do we go after anymore OL or do we focus our attentions on the back seven of the D? If he was to commit that would leave 9 spots open. We're still chasing after at least one more RB and I believe that there's at least one more OL that we're on. I think we're fine on the DL with Froholdt, Ledbetter, Dean and Bell, but with no LB's or DB's on the commit list we'll need to focus in those areas, that is if I was the one whispering in Coach B's ear about recruiting needs.

Congrats to Josh Allen for becoming a Razorback. He appears to fit that "uncommon" mold and his offer list was crazy good, so I believe that we're getting an outstanding OL for the future. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

GuvHog

Skipper Jr.
Tretola Sr.
Ragnow So.
Kirkland Jr
Wallace RFr

Smothers
Koehler
Danenhauer
Deacon
Gibson
Hannah

Smothers has started every game this year and has been a solid O Lineman. It simply amazes me that some STILL insist that Ragnow will beat him out. Unbelievable.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Skipper Jr.
Tretola Sr.
Ragnow So
Kirkland Jr
Wallace RFr

Smothers
Koehler
Danenhauer
Deacon
Gibson
Hannah

I think we lose the following O-Linemen after this season.
Cook
Jefferson
McClure
Stringer
Charpentier
Stringer

Returning (at this time anyway) will be:
Beck
Danehauer
Deacon
Kirkland
Ragnow
Smothers
Tretola
Skipper
Koehler
Wallace

Coming in:
Colton Jackson
Zach Rogers
Josh Allen

And yeah, I'm going to hope:
Jalin Barnett

Ideally I think you would like to have about 18 O-Linemen, at least 16. This puts us at 14 unless there are others that haven't been mentioned/listed.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on September 25, 2014, 10:05:45 am
He definitely counts toward '15.  We didn't have the room to count him back to last year.

What other freshman or sophomore did we give one to besides Colquitt?

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2014, 11:03:09 am
What other freshman or sophomore did we give one to besides Colquitt?

We signed 23 in Feb, Josh Williams late and gave colquitt the last one

MS_HogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on September 25, 2014, 10:52:23 am
Smothers has started every game this year and has been a solid O Lineman. It simply amazes me that some STILL insist that Ragnow will beat him out. Unbelievable.

What amazes me is that you STILL missed the point. Switch Ragnow and Smothers. It doesn't change the point I was trying to make. Unbelievable.
SOOIE

Wildhog

Quote from: SemperFi on September 25, 2014, 10:48:44 am
....exactly! If we can get Jalin Barnett do we go after anymore OL or do we focus our attentions on the back seven of the D? If he was to commit that would leave 9 spots open. We're still chasing after at least one more RB and I believe that there's at least one more OL that we're on. I think we're fine on the DL with Froholdt, Ledbetter, Dean and Bell, but with no LB's or DB's on the commit list we'll need to focus in those areas, that is if I was the one whispering in Coach B's ear about recruiting needs.

Congrats to Josh Allen for becoming a Razorback. He appears to fit that "uncommon" mold and his offer list was crazy good, so I believe that we're getting an outstanding OL for the future. WPS!

We desperately need to sign at least one more OT this year.
1909/1964/1965/1977

GuvHog

Quote from: MS_HogFan on September 25, 2014, 11:07:12 am
Switch Ragnow and Smothers. It doesn't change the point I was trying to make.

Now when you put it that way I agree with you.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 25, 2014, 10:55:07 am
I think we lose the following O-Linemen after this season.
Cook
Jefferson
McClure
Stringer
Charpentier
Stringer

Returning (at this time anyway) will be:
Beck
Danehauer
Deacon
Kirkland
Ragnow
Smothers
Tretola
Skipper
Koehler
Wallace

Coming in:
Colton Jackson
Zach Rogers
Josh Allen

And yeah, I'm going to hope:
Jalin Barnett

Ideally I think you would like to have about 18 O-Linemen, at least 16. This puts us at 14 unless there are others that haven't been mentioned/listed.

How many of the returners are OT's?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on September 25, 2014, 11:20:56 am
We desperately need to sign at least one more OT this year.

Sure looks that way.