Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are we still in the running for Wariboko?

Started by ZERO, September 24, 2014, 12:37:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ZERO

Just curious, haven't seen an update in awhile.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Richard_white

Unless things change between now and signing day our OL targets include Barnett, Howell and Josh Allen.

ZERO

But is the outlook remotely favorable for us? I get the feeling that win or lose, we're weighing heavily on Barnett's mind. I haven't heard so much from Wariboko. Or maybe I've just overlooked valuable information.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

greenie

Isn't Josh Wariboko looking for a place that will also offer his brother Max, a 2016 CB/WR?

http://247sports.com/Player/Max-Wariboko-41547

Or is that just internet speculation?

Richard_white

I believe we both moved on.  I believe if we don't get Barnett we will get Howell and Allen.

We have 11 spots and we will get another RB, OL and WR.  That will leave us with 8 if you count Allen in the 25 committments.

redeye

Quote from: Richard_white on September 24, 2014, 12:43:19 am
Unless things change between now and signing day our OL targets include Barnett, Howell and Josh Allen.

Although he's committed to Georgia, Patrick Allen still has a visit scheduled to Arkansas.  I'm quite certain there are others we're still working on, but I can't be more specific then that.

COCHISE

Quote from: Richard_white on September 24, 2014, 12:56:31 am
I believe we both moved on.  I believe if we don't get Barnett we will get Howell and Allen.

We have 11 spots and we will get another RB, OL and WR.  That will leave us with 8 if you count Allen in the 25 committments.
Not sure about another WR. I'd say another RB and a couple of O-linemen and the rest will go toward LB, S, and CB's. Maybe save a spot or two for some NSD surprises.

Tim Harris

The only thing I would say that is for sure on offense is another OL.  After that who knows at this point.

Bubba's Bruisers

It seems this class really could use another OT.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

tophawg19

we will sign at least one more RB and i kind of expect 2 just in case JWILL and Collins both jump to the draft
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

JackJohnson

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2014, 01:23:22 pm

Yes- and preferrably another HS OT.  With Pruitt not making the grade we have only signed 2 true OT's out of HS in 2 years in Skipper and Wallace.  We have Colton Jackson committed now, but that is still just 3 HS OT's over a 3 year span and IMO is about half of what we need.  REALLY REALLY hope we get Josh Allen and Jalin Barnett, but we also NEED another OT.  Those OT's can always move inside to OG but it usually doesn't work the other way around

I know we are on the Howell kid and he would be a nice get, but at some point we have to continue to build the OL and especially the OT's through the HS ranks

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: ZERO on September 24, 2014, 12:46:11 am
But is the outlook remotely favorable for us? I get the feeling that win or lose, we're weighing heavily on Barnett's mind. I haven't heard so much from Wariboko. Or maybe I've just overlooked valuable information.

He eliminated us back in August.

Tim Harris

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 24, 2014, 03:15:33 pm
we will sign at least one more RB and i kind of expect 2 just in case JWILL and Collins both jump to the draft

Collins can't leave until after next year.

hogfreak

Pat Allen and Jaylen Merrick are both still on the radar

CDBHawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2014, 01:23:22 pm

Or 2. We have 15 OL on scholarship. 5 are seniors. Leaving only 10 next year. Add Rogers & Jackson for sure and that puts us at 12.

In 2016 we'll have 4 more leaving. 6 leaving if Skipper and Kirkland go pro. We need to sign 8-9 OL over the next two classes with about 2-3 JUCOs IMO.

Hawginthecovers

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on September 24, 2014, 04:24:02 pm
He eliminated us back in August.

I thought yesterday it still said warm along with 3 other schools on 247?

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Hawginthecovers on September 24, 2014, 07:07:53 pm
I thought yesterday it still said warm along with 3 other schools on 247?

This is from JW twitter. 

Here is what he said in a rivals article today...

The uncommitted Wariboko has narrowed his list to include just eight schools and, on Tuesday, said that UCLA, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would move through to his final five. The revelation was news, but the afternoon wasn't about his recruitment. This was about a reward for a decorated high school career and it was treated as such.

https://oklahomastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1684808

I think he ends up at UCLA as they have offered his brother as well, but I know that OU and especially OSU have made a major push as of late.

hogville38

Quote from: JackJohnson on September 24, 2014, 03:21:22 pm
Yes- and preferrably another HS OT.  With Pruitt not making the grade we have only signed 2 true OT's out of HS in 2 years in Skipper and Wallace.  We have Colton Jackson committed now, but that is still just 3 HS OT's over a 3 year span and IMO is about half of what we need.  REALLY REALLY hope we get Josh Allen and Jalin Barnett, but we also NEED another OT.  Those OT's can always move inside to OG but it usually doesn't work the other way around

I know we are on the Howell kid and he would be a nice get, but at some point we have to continue to build the OL and especially the OT's through the HS ranks
Barnett is a gaurd. He could'nt play tackle?

fortsmithokie

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on September 24, 2014, 07:58:27 pm

This is from JW twitter. 

Here is what he said in a rivals article today...

The uncommitted Wariboko has narrowed his list to include just eight schools and, on Tuesday, said that UCLA, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would move through to his final five. The revelation was news, but the afternoon wasn't about his recruitment. This was about a reward for a decorated high school career and it was treated as such.

https://oklahomastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1684808

I think he ends up at UCLA as they have offered his brother as well, but I know that OU and especially OSU have made a major push as of late.

I think UCLA or Cal, with an edge to UCLA. Not sure his brother is the factor he once was. OU maintained contact with Wariboko, but moved on until he came back showing renewed interest, despite them having low to no interest in his brother.

LJHOG

Quote from: COCHISE on September 24, 2014, 08:57:11 am
Not sure about another WR. I'd say another RB and a couple of O-linemen and the rest will go toward LB, S, and CB's. Maybe save a spot or two for some NSD surprises.
We need an SEC quality receiver to play on the outside.  I see what we have comitted so far as slot guys.