Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10 of the 14

Started by immahog, September 23, 2014, 10:25:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

immahog

commits are a 4* on at least one service .....That is a Hell of a job by this staff  WE HOGS Wooo Damn Pig
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

EastMemphisHog

secneahog

September 23, 2014, 10:37:57 am #2 Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:48:10 am by secneahog
Rb Rawleigh should be a four star. The season he is having is amazing. Watch his video of the couple games he's been dominate in so far, vs elite Texas high schools.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

immahog

Quote from: secneahog on September 23, 2014, 10:37:57 am
Rb Rawleigh should be a four star. The season he is having is amazing. Watch his video of the cople games he's been dominate in so far, vs elite Texas high schools.

yea I agree with you

scruf

Rb Rawleigh should be a four star. The season he is having is amazing. Watch his video of the cople games he's been dominate in so far, vs elite Texas high schools.

I think Rawleigh is an 89 on 247 which is 1 point below a 4* on their service. He will get bumped up if he keeps playing like he is. That said, he looks more like a borderline 5* than a borderline 4*, especially considering the level of competition and how easy he's making it look. He's ready now.

forrest city joe

Quote from: immahog on September 23, 2014, 10:25:56 am
commits are a 4* on at least one service .....That is a Hell of a job by this staff  WE HOGS Wooo Damn Pig
It's unreal. this staff is doing best recruiting i have seen in a long time. it's hard to recruit to Arkansas. and these guys are finding a way to get the job done.

CallThemHawgs!

Rb Rawleigh should be a four star. The season he is having is amazing. Watch his video of the couple games he's been dominate in so far, vs elite Texas high schools.

I think he will, or should, get a bump.

No way he is not **** talent

LRHawg

It is really encouraging to me that the quality of in-state players seems to be trending up for 2015 and 2016. If this continues, then I feel like we will be competitive for the SEC title soon and stay competitive.

hogoffate

Its hard not to be excited about our class of commits so far.  Would love to be greedy and get a big time LB and CB to flip to us  :razorback:

The_Iceman

Quote from: scruf on September 23, 2014, 10:49:37 am
I think Rawleigh is an 89 on 247 which is 1 point below a 4* on their service. He will get bumped up if he keeps playing like he is. That said, he looks more like a borderline 5* than a borderline 4*, especially considering the level of competition and how easy he's making it look. He's ready now.

He reminds me so much of J-Will running. Tough to tackle, straight ahead runner.

secneahog

Quote from: hogoffate on September 23, 2014, 10:57:28 am
Its hard not to be excited about our class of commits so far.  Would love to be greedy and get a big time LB and CB to flip to us  :razorback:

I hear ya. I think D.graham is a big time linebacker. Would love to close on him.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 23, 2014, 10:59:02 am
He reminds me so much of J-Will running. Tough to tackle, straight ahead runner.

I hear ya. His vision is pretty dang good also. His running is fluid like AC. Nice spin move, but built like Jwill.

Calling All Hogs

This is not just the best we have recruited in a while, it is the best CBB has recruited. Having a great staff has paid off for him.

secneahog

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 23, 2014, 11:16:30 am
This is not just the best we have recruited in a while, it is the best CBB has recruited. Having a great staff has paid off for him.

The two recruiting coordinators he hired this season has done well also.

immahog

Quote from: secneahog on September 23, 2014, 11:18:50 am
The two recruiting coordinators he hired this season has done well also.

E.K Franks is a name not mentioned a lot but he deserves some credit WPS!!!

ldfergu

You see his name mentioned in some of RD's updates.  Seems the parents really like EK Franks!

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: secneahog on September 23, 2014, 10:59:58 am
I hear ya. I think D.graham is a big time linebacker. Would love to close on him.

The fact that he almost committed, at CBBs home Friday night, bodes well for us.

I'm convinced that CBB does know what he is doing.

" GO HOGS "

immahog

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on September 23, 2014, 11:38:19 am
The fact that he almost committed, at CBBs home Friday night, bodes well for us.

I'm convinced that CBB does know what he is doing.

" GO HOGS "

maybe I missed this but where was it said the he almost commited at cbbs home

secneahog

Quote from: immahog on September 23, 2014, 11:47:52 am
maybe I missed this but where was it said the he almost commited at cbbs home

I know davenport and Danny west said it.

Pork Twain

Something people seem to forget is that this is being done on the heels of two of the worst Razorback seasons since Ford was here, maybe before that.  Imagine if we could have recruited like this after our two 10+ win seasons.  Things are definitely going in the right direction.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

immahog

Quote from: Pork Twain on September 23, 2014, 12:14:00 pm
Something people seem to forget is that this is being done on the heels of two of the worst Razorback seasons since Ford was here, maybe before that.  Imagine if we could have recruited like this after our two 10+ win seasons.  Things are definitely going in the right direction.

great point

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Pork Twain on September 23, 2014, 12:14:00 pm

One more thought here.  I remember a couple of years ago Phil Steele talking about kids are recruited by building relationships.  The fact that CBB/staff have only had a couple of years to get this current crop is amazing, because they are definitely recruiting through the relationship route.

While this year's group is impressive so far, IMO our classes will only get better and better because we'll have had time to develop relationships for 4/5 years.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

lumphog

RW3 may be the BEST RB in the country........Glad WE got him!!!!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Yep, and what a difference a year makes. For all those out there, and there were plenty of them, who continued to "dog" CBB and the staff for their inability to recruit extremely high quality athletes/young men to the Hill I find the massive turn around in so many of those attitudes especially satisfying. Far too often throughout last season we heard chorus  of doubters question whether CBB was even the right pick for the HC job. For those who took a "keep the faith" approach the current developments must be particularly gratifying. 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: lumphog on September 23, 2014, 12:35:13 pm
RW3 may be the BEST RB in the country........Glad WE got him!!!!!!

IMO recruiting services get way too caught up with a kid's measurables, and no where does this play a bigger part than with RB's and WR's.

Bigger/faster does not always mean better.  I think Alex Collins is a great example of that: doesn't have big time top end speed, but he's a great, great RB IMO.

I think RW falls into this category as well.  "Great" cannot always be measured, except by results.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 23, 2014, 12:37:22 pm
Yep, and what a difference a year makes. For all those out there, and there were plenty of them, who continued to "dog" CBB and the staff for their inability to recruit extremely high quality athletes/young men to the Hill I find the massive turn around in so many of those attitudes especially satisfying. Far too often throughout last season we heard chorus  of doubters question whether CBB was even the right pick for the HC job. For those who took a "keep the faith" approach the current developments must be particularly gratifying.
It IS gratifying.  I became a Beliemer last season.  It's great to start to get the "wait and see" crowd on board.  One nation, under Hog.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 23, 2014, 10:49:50 am
It's unreal. this staff is doing best recruiting i have seen in a long time. it's hard to recruit to Arkansas. and these guys are finding a way to get the job done.

Well that is certainly what every coaching staff from HDN though JLS has told everyone, isn't it? Yeah, and as you point out, this staff is getting it done. Just might have been that we had some coaching staffs that were full of it and just didn't want to have to work that hard.
Go Hogs Go!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 23, 2014, 01:43:58 pm
Well that is certainly what every coaching staff from HDN though JLS has told everyone, isn't it? Yeah, and yet this staff is getting it done. Just might have been that we had some coaching staffs that were full of it and just didn't want to have to work that hard.

Don't see it that way, MHF.

There are disadvantages in recruiting to Fay, AR that make it an uphill battle to get top level recruits to come here.  Add to that the limited numbers of top level D1 recruits produced in Arkansas each year.

But it certainly can be done.  There are unique advantages the UA has as well, but we have to pick and choose he kids we go after more carefully than say Bama, UF, TAMU, etc..

But IMO the kids that end up liking what we are offering are the exact kids we want anyway.  I am never enthralled by the "look at me" types that are attracted to the "big name" programs. 

Chief Mac

Well that is certainly what every coaching staff from HDN though JLS has told everyone, isn't it? Yeah, and as you point out, this staff is getting it done. Just might have been that we had some coaching staffs that were full of it and just didn't want to have to work that hard.

nail on the head about the effort put in before.  Yes Arkansas is hard to recruit to but not impossible, just takes a little more effort
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

LXXIII

Go look at Rivals archives!  By their rankings, this recruiting class is the second best class Arkansas has pulled in since their rankings started back in 2002, and we are only a 4* and a 5* away from tying the 2009 class.  That is pretty amazing considering that it is only September.

immahog

Quote from: LXXIII on September 23, 2014, 01:56:21 pm
Go look at Rivals archives!  By their rankings, this recruiting class is the second best class Arkansas has pulled in since their rankings started back in 2002, and we are only a 4* and a 5* away from tying the 2009 class.  That is pretty amazing considering that it is only September.

that 5 star in that 09 class was a joke

Paul

Agree.  This coaching staff is not afraid of hard work.  The proof of the pudding is in the eating.  They certainly are eating well...just look at BB, Pitt & Chaney!

The_Iceman

Quote from: immahog on September 23, 2014, 02:01:11 pm

Produced absolutely nothing while here. Would have probably been a 3-star if he grew up in Texas or Florida.

rljjr

Quote from: immahog on September 23, 2014, 02:01:11 pm

That's harsh. I think "poorly coached" might be a better descriptor. Or if you prefer, perhaps "over-graded by recruiting services." I don't think it's ever fair to tell a young guy who played for us that he was a joke.

Hawgzinbowlz

Hard to recruit to Arkansas is hinged upon success of the program... and relationships.

Success breeds success. They'll come if we succeed. Getting the ball rolling is what creates the snowball, and the ball is rolling.

Buckle in for the ride of Hawg fans lives... (see class of '14, and beyond).

" GO HOGS "

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: rljjr on September 23, 2014, 02:09:00 pm
That's harsh. I think "poorly coached" might be a better descriptor. Or if you prefer, perhaps "over-graded by recruiting services." I don't think it's ever fair to tell a young guy who played for us that he was a joke.

Good observation, look at all of the CB's we had while Winston was here. NONE of them where good, and a lot of that had to do with the fact that they had to let the offense succeed in practice. I bet if Winston were a freshman right now he would have a much better career.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

hoofer

Do you even know what you are talking about? Elite Texas High schools? Dallas Bishop is a small private school in Dallas. They play the equivalent to a bunch of Episcopal Collegiate (LR) schools. Rich private schools with a bunch of small, slow white kids. It's not that competitive at all. He looks good on film but I have some serious concerns about the level of competition he is facing. I don't see the burst of speed everyone else claims when you factor in the competition.

Here is their schedule:

Midland Christian
Argyle Liberty Christian
John Paul II
Ft Worth Nolan
Bishop Dunne
Trinity Christian
Prestonwood Christian

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: hoofer on September 23, 2014, 02:47:42 pm
Do you even know what you are talking about? Elite Texas High schools? Dallas Bishop is a small private school in Dallas. They play the equivalent to a bunch of Episcopal Collegiate (LR) schools. Rich private schools with a bunch of small, slow white kids. It's not that competitive at all. He looks good on film but I have some serious concerns about the level of competition he is facing. I don't see the burst of speed everyone else claims when you factor in the competition.

Here is their schedule:

Midland Christian
Argyle Liberty Christian
John Paul II
Ft Worth Nolan
Bishop Dunne
Trinity Christian
Prestonwood Christian

I had thought this myself.  Still, if one has any trouble trusting CBB's evaluation of a RB they aren't on top of much.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: secneahog on September 23, 2014, 12:03:53 pm
I know davenport and Danny west said it.

They were quoting the player too...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 23, 2014, 01:49:11 pm
Don't see it that way, MHF.

There are disadvantages in recruiting to Fay, AR that make it an uphill battle to get top level recruits to come here.  Add to that the limited numbers of top level D1 recruits produced in Arkansas each year.

But it certainly can be done.  There are unique advantages the UA has as well, but we have to pick and choose he kids we go after more carefully than say Bama, UF, TAMU, etc..

But IMO the kids that end up liking what we are offering are the exact kids we want anyway.  I am never enthralled by the "look at me" types that are attracted to the "big name" programs. 

Everybody chooses and picks recruits carefully. With an 85 scholarship limit and the average attrition rates that you see with recruits from the time they step foot on campus, everyone is careful about who they sign. It's just that teams like Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas A&M have been fishing in higher grade waters for years, than we have. They have been fishing for Marlin while we fished for small mouth bass and occasionally hooked a Marlin.

Our attrition rates with some classes over the last 4-5 years has been atrocious, so I would have to say that we weren't all that careful about who we chose to sign and then that is a problem that is compounded by a staff that didn't work as hard at recruiting as this staff appears to be working.

But I don't think it is merely a matter of working harder at recruiting. I think that as you pointed out, our "pitch' to recruits is different than it has been in the past and recruits are buying in.

Additionally though, I don't think that this staff is hesitant to go after any big time recruit at any level, in any state, no matter who is already recruiting them, provided that in pre-qualifying them as a prospect for our program, we find that they are the kind of kids that we want in our program.

Character and program chemistry seem to be bigger factors than they have been in the past.
Go Hogs Go!

Deep Shoat

I think it has more to do with the type of men CBB is recruiting.

As a general rule, guys who have high character aren't going to look at Fayetteville and be turned off because it doesn't have enough "big city" allure.  They will see the "down home" feel and welcome it.  They will feel the care our staff has for their athletes and be drawn to it.

CBB is recruiting Uncommon Men.  They other guys just went after athletes...
All Gas, No Brakes!

MP24

Here is their schedule:

Midland Christian
Argyle Liberty Christian
John Paul II
Ft Worth Nolan
Bishop Dunne
Trinity Christian
Prestonwood Christian

Part of the schedule is really weak, but last week was against 4A #2-ranked Celina.

RAWLEIGH WILLIAMS III NAMED DALLAS MORNING NEWS PLAYER OF THE WEEK

In continuing his list of accomplishments from his early hot start, Bishop Lynch Senior Rawleigh Williams III was named the Dallas Morning News Player of the Week for his effort against 4A #2-ranked Celina on Friday, September 19.  Williams III's 22 carries for 310 yards was an impressive feat by itself but his school-record 6 TDs made it a special night for the University of Arkansas commit. Williams III credits his offensive linemen, as well as a balanced offensive attack that springs him free for long runs. Perhaps the most impressive thing about Williams III's early success has been the list of opponents against which he has excelled: Dallas Carter, Chicago Fenwick, Garland Sachse and Celina.

http://www.bishoplynch.org/Football
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

Deep Shoat

Here is their schedule:

Midland Christian
Argyle Liberty Christian
John Paul II
Ft Worth Nolan
Bishop Dunne
Trinity Christian
Prestonwood Christian

It usually helps if you know what the hell you are talking about.

So far this season, DBL has played Dallas Carter (yes, THAT Dallas Carter), Chicago Fenwick (yes, THAT Chicago), 6A Garland Sasche, and 4A #2 Celina.

RWIII is as real as it gets.  I guarantee you, his competition has been excellent through 4 games.
All Gas, No Brakes!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Deep Shoat on September 23, 2014, 04:07:37 pm
I think it has more to do with the type of men CBB is recruiting.

As a general rule, guys who have high character aren't going to look at Fayetteville and be turned off because it doesn't have enough "big city" allure.  They will see the "down home" feel and welcome it.  They will feel the care our staff has for their athletes and be drawn to it.

CBB is recruiting Uncommon Men.  They other guys just went after athletes...

See just above your post.
Go Hogs Go!

COCHISE

Even the 10 of 14 figure is a little misleading because we have a top 5 kicker and they never get ranked over a three star.

COCHISE

Quote from: Deep Shoat on September 23, 2014, 04:15:51 pm

It usually helps if you know what the hell you are talking about.

So far this season, DBL has played Dallas Carter (yes, THAT Dallas Carter), Chicago Fenwick (yes, THAT Chicago), 6A Garland Sasche, and 4A #2 Celina.

RWIII is as real as it gets.  I guarantee you, his competition has been excellent through 4 games.
Odd how those teams were left out huh?

Oklahawg

Let's be real clear on something that is quite obvious: we are recruiting better, and the players on the team are being coached better, than at any time since Lou Holtz was at UA. Where we attribute this, whether the two are related, how one occurs, etc., is up for debate.

I am of the mindset we now have A-list coaches and that makes being an A-list recruiter easier. These guys are working! On and off the field.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

AugustaHog

If RW3 is about to get a serious schedule boost, I'd sure hate to see what his numbers are going to look like.  He's been in beast mode against good teams.  He may not play after the 1st qtr. against some of the patsies then.

AugustaHog

Other than RW3, the other 3* rated players were Stewart, Dean, and Johnson.  I don't think anyone doubts the talent that Stewart and Dean have.  They just don't have ready-made SEC size.  I say that with Dean because I think he is viewed a little as a tweener on the DL, but look how that has turned out for Taiwan Johnson.  Our punter commit Johnson is viewed as one of the top players at his position by just about everyone.  Comparing him to just punters, he has 4+* talent.  It really is insane how good this class is when you consider the lowest ranked commits are going to be really good players for us. 

Ugly Uncle

I think people have believed the lie that it is hard to recruit to Fayetteville.  HdN kept repeating that to cover his short comings.

Bielema has mentioned that kids and parents from bigger cities like the fact that they don't hear police sirens every other minute.

We have a great college culture here.  This isn't a back water town anymore.

I don't think it is as tough to recruit here as it has been made out to be in the past.
Retired Radio Host