Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs land #16 class according to Collegiate Baseball

Started by ucahogfan, September 22, 2014, 09:44:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Would love to hear why the Hogs were ranked so low.  Todd Butler at Wichita State pulled in their #2 class while LSU was the #1 class just like on PG.  I know I'm biased, but even the most objective person would say that this is a top 5 type class that just made it to campus.

http://baseballnews.com/lsu-lands-no-1-recruiting-class/

bulldog04

ricepig

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

dotnet

SPAL

lc480

Looks like Butler doing  a good job. If he can pull in that kind of class at WS he should  do ok.

Sueie

Quote from: lc480 on September 23, 2014, 02:43:08 pm
Looks like Butler doing  a good job. If he can pull in that kind of class at WS he should  do ok.

Are you surprised?  The guy is known everywhere. Spending as much time as he did in the SEC. 

TikiHog

Sueie

Quote from: TikiHog on September 23, 2014, 06:23:28 pm
whos Butler

A scout for the Astros.  Likes to draft kids in the first round then "knee them in the nuts" while remaining in last place year after year. BWAHAHA

Sueie

Quote from: Sueie on September 23, 2014, 06:28:53 pm
A scout for the Astros.  Likes to draft kids in the first round then "knee them in the nuts" while remaining in last place year after year. BWAHAHA

I apologize for that comment.  I just checked the standing and there is ANOTHER Texas team that SUCKS even worse than the Astros.

yraciv

What is collegiate baseball newspaper?  Whre do Baseball America and Perfect Game have us?

lc480

Quote from: Sueie on September 23, 2014, 06:31:28 pm
I apologize for that comment.  I just checked the standing and there is ANOTHER Texas team that SUCKS even worse than the Astros.

Astros, sounds like a lot of college baseball teams that tell the kids anything they want to hear until they sign on the dotted line.  This BS is done at every school including the UA. What your point>

Sueie

Because like I said the Astros Suck and have for several years.  Don't know whether the UofA bs'd players or not. I DO know one that they told the truth to.

lc480

It's odd that you know so much more about the Astros, than the team you support.
I guess the player you are talking about is kin to you. I can tell that VH has run his share of in state players off the team since he been there.

TikiHog

its his son....he was drafted by the Phillies which was awesome for him because now he has a shot at the show....he would have never made the show if Houston would have drafted him...fyi Boston, Minnesota, Texas, Colorado and Arizona have worse records

dotnet

Yeah... that front office has a horrible track record of player development

(i'm being sarcastic)

jvanhorn

Well the good news is that Baseball America just listed Arkansas as #4 in recruiting!

The bad news is LSU is #1 and Florida #3.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: jvanhorn on October 16, 2014, 11:04:57 pm
Well the good news is that Baseball America just listed Arkansas as #4 in recruiting!

That's more like it.  WPS!

ucahogfan

Quote from: jvanhorn on October 16, 2014, 11:04:57 pm

Where are you seeing this?  There is no link up anywhere on BA for this right now.  Not saying it won't happen like you say it will, but it hasn't been posted yet.  This is the time of year that BA releases their rankings, but I have yet to see anything.  Please post a link if you have found it.

jvanhorn

Quote from: ucahogfan on October 17, 2014, 06:05:50 am
Where are you seeing this?  There is no link up anywhere on BA for this right now.  Not saying it won't happen like you say it will, but it hasn't been posted yet.  This is the time of year that BA releases their rankings, but I have yet to see anything.  Please post a link if you have found it.

Well I guess I am showing my age.  I know you probably don't know how to do this, but I actually read it in the latest print edtion that the mailman kindly brought to my door.

ucahogfan

Quote from: jvanhorn on October 17, 2014, 06:43:40 pm
Well I guess I am showing my age.  I know you probably don't know how to do this, but I actually read it in the latest print edtion that the mailman kindly brought to my door.
Haha ok.  Makes sense.  With how everything is online currently, I tend to forget that things can just be printed.  I do expect Fitt to release those rankings at some point in the near future and I wonder if those rankings reflect the fact that Mac Marshall is no longer at LSU.