Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apollos Hester, can we get a scholarship for this kid?

Started by hawgon, September 22, 2014, 11:29:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

Google him up and watch.  You won't be sorry you did. 

RICKHOGHEAD

Quote from: hawgon on September 22, 2014, 11:29:07 am
Wow! This young man has a great attitude. His highlights looked good to except I'm not sure how good the teams were. 

KeithStone

What a great kid, get him a scholly and watch that positive attitude fester within the program.  Well spoken too, he was obviously excited and winded, but he's already a better interview than 95% of the starters in the SEC.

Ethan2010

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

RICKHOGHEAD

Quote from: KeithStone on September 22, 2014, 01:15:11 pm
What a great kid, get him a scholly and watch that positive attitude fester within the program.  Well spoken too, he was obviously excited and winded, but he's already a better interview than 95% of the starters in the SEC.
I agree 100 percent!

widespreadsooie

Things I notice:

Nobody in the stands
Clean white jersey
Not sweating

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Pork Twain

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 22, 2014, 06:16:18 pm
Things I notice:

Nobody in the stands
Clean white jersey
Not sweating
Sounds about right.  I am a little shocked people want us to offer a kid because of his attitude and the way he speaks.  Last I knew, it takes a lot more than that to play in the SEC.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pork Twain on September 23, 2014, 07:00:03 am
Sounds about right.  I am a little shocked people want us to offer a kid because of his attitude and the way he speaks.  Last I knew, it takes a lot more than that to play in the SEC.

No kidding.  I mean, I feel just the way he does.  Could we sign me too?

Fan1958

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 22, 2014, 06:16:18 pm
Things I notice:

Nobody in the stands
Clean white jersey
Not sweating

He may not be able to play at a DIII school but here's what I noticed:

1.  Caption says AFTER the game which his team won by a single point so stand cleared out
2.  Field is artificial surface so clean jersey not uncommon
3.  Look closely at the jersey and there is some wear and some smudges and jersey appears wet
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Pork Twain

Quote from: Fan1958 on September 23, 2014, 11:17:44 am
He may not be able to play at a DIII school but here's what I noticed:

1.  Caption says AFTER the game which his team won by a single point so stand cleared out
2.  Field is artificial surface so clean jersey not uncommon
3.  Look closely at the jersey and there is some wear and some smudges and jersey appears wet
1.  It must have been a LONG time after the game then because I have gone to a bunch and they never clear out that fast, esp after a close game.  Which could be the case except we still have this one player out there in uniform.

Could be true but I still would not want to recruit a player just because of his attitude and use of grammar.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawgon on September 22, 2014, 11:29:07 am
Like it. I think we ought to offer every kid with the name Apollos. I know the ancient Greeks would have LOVED it.  :D

hawgon

Quote from: Pork Twain on September 23, 2014, 07:00:03 am

I think  you should lighten up, Francis, and save your shock for serious suggestions.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Joe Dirt + Rod Tidwell + Anthony Robbins X cocaine = This Guy..!

LOL...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pork Twain

Quote from: hawgon on September 23, 2014, 03:01:19 pm
I think  you should lighten up, Francis, and save your shock for serious suggestions.
Why assume I am serious in my shock?

trashcan maN

It seems most everyone likes the sound of his voice as much as he does.