Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The offensive line

Started by Polecat, September 21, 2014, 09:15:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

In addition to how well they've played, I can only recall maybe one or two holding penalties over the first 4 games. That's pretty remarkable
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Huds_HawgTide

So we are doing a great job recruiting linemen that dont hold????
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on September 21, 2014, 11:26:27 pm
I would think we are doing a great job at teaching fundamentals and discipline

PP

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

DLUXHOG

No, if you haven't noticed or watched any of the games, it is obvious we're doing an incredible job of recruiting great linemen...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

The_Iceman

I was thinking about something. This season, we only lose Brey Cook, who will most likely be replaced immediately by Brian Wallace.

After the 2015 season, it is possible we lose all but Wallace: Smothers and Tretola to graduation, and Kirkland and Skipper to the pros. That will be tough.

OLDHOG

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 22, 2014, 08:31:21 am
I was thinking about something. This season, we only lose Brey Cook, who will most likely be replaced immediately by Brian Wallace.

After the 2015 season, it is possible we lose all but Wallace: Smothers and Tretola to graduation, and Kirkland and Skipper to the pros. That will be tough.
Yep, that's why we keep finding them and signing them and coaching them. We have the best offensive line coach in the country, period.

Pork Twain

You hold when you are getting beat one on one.  If you are not getting beat, the need to hold goes down.  Solid recruits, with great coaching.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

incHOGnito

I think he is commenting in a sarcastic way about this being in the recruiting forum, when it is probably more suited for MMQB.

onebadrubi

At that time we would have the following with 1 or more years with Herb, Pittman, and the team; Wallace, Ragnow, Koehler, Jackson, and the dallas kid whose name escapes me currently (just injured his leg with a cheap shot in High School).  Not too mention we are looking at some really good OL right now for that situation.  We also have 2 years of JC recruiting before then.  Yes, me may be slightly thin looking that far ahead now, but hopefully the staff puts the Trey Flowers recruitment on one or both of the starting sophs to stay, my opinion that would be kirkland, add wallace and ragnow to the left side, and then we are looking very similar to currently.  Now we have a freshman and a JC getting a lot of reps and starting.  Next year quite possibly could be the best OL in the SEC for many many years, but we will still be good, I believe in 2 years at the OL position. 

TennisHawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 22, 2014, 09:59:18 am
At that time we would have the following with 1 or more years with Herb, Pittman, and the team; Wallace, Ragnow, Koehler, Jackson

Herb and Pittman are not going anywhere. Pitt is close to home and we will pay to not lose him. Herb will paid as well for his efforts.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: TennisHawg on September 22, 2014, 10:10:35 am
Herb and Pittman are not going anywhere. Pitt is close to home and we will pay to not lose him. Herb will paid as well for his efforts.

Indeed.  I'm beginning to think we need to add Clay Jennings to that list.  Let's see if he can bring in some serious Texas kids. 

secneahog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 22, 2014, 09:59:18 am
At that time we would have the following with 1 or more years with Herb, Pittman, and the team; Wallace, Ragnow, Koehler, Jackson, and the dallas kid whose name escapes me currently (just injured his leg with a cheap shot in High School).  Not too mention we are looking at some really good OL right now for that situation.  We also have 2 years of JC recruiting before then.  Yes, me may be slightly thin looking that far ahead now, but hopefully the staff puts the Trey Flowers recruitment on one or both of the starting sophs to stay, my opinion that would be kirkland, add wallace and ragnow to the left side, and then we are looking very similar to currently.  Now we have a freshman and a JC getting a lot of reps and starting.  Next year quite possibly could be the best OL in the SEC for many many years, but we will still be good, I believe in 2 years at the OL position.

Jovan Pruitt
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

onebadrubi

Quote from: TennisHawg on September 22, 2014, 10:10:35 am

You massively misread me?  I never said Herb or Pittman were going ANYWHERE! 

onebadrubi

Quote from: secneahog on September 22, 2014, 10:23:35 am
Jovan Pruitt

While I'm one saying he's gonna come, when it's time he can sign with  D1 school, his recruitment will be fully open unless he comes out and says otherwise.  I hope Pruitt is a Hog asap. 

I also forgot Josh Allen, FYI.  So by this time he will of had 2 years in film room, 1 year on the field, and 2 years with Herb. 

mhuff

Quote from: Polecat on September 21, 2014, 09:15:10 pm
In addition to how well they've played, I can only recall maybe one or two holding penalties over the first 4 games. That's pretty remarkable

I likewise had noticed the lack of penalties by the entire team. Lowest that I can remember, so far.

secneahog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 22, 2014, 10:38:40 am
While I'm one saying he's gonna come, when it's time he can sign with  D1 school, his recruitment will be fully open unless he comes out and says otherwise.  I hope Pruitt is a Hog asap. 

I also forgot Josh Allen, FYI.  So by this time he will of had 2 years in film room, 1 year on the field, and 2 years with Herb.

Is josh Allen a done deal?
Zach Rodgers coming on also
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

onebadrubi

Quote from: secneahog on September 22, 2014, 06:44:51 pm
Is josh Allen a done deal?
Zach Rodgers coming on also

Zach rogers is the one I referred to earlier that name escaped me and was just injured on the cheap shot. 

I believe the recruiting guys all believe Allen is a done deal and will be on campus in January, that being said, I guess he could be recruited by any school currently. 

TennisHawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 22, 2014, 10:36:06 am
You massively misread me?  I never said Herb or Pittman were going ANYWHERE!

I did misread. I see what your saying now. My fault! Woo pig.

Qhog

Great point.  Sometimes, you forget about things when they're working well.  This is an example of that for me.  Few holding penalties, not too many false starts either.  They've had a few, but much better than Jason "prior to the snap" Peacock.

onebadrubi

Quote from: TennisHawg on September 22, 2014, 08:04:15 pm
I did misread. I see what your saying now. My fault! Woo pig.

Haha ok good.  I was wondering what in the heck was in my mid day cup of water!!!! 

LJHOG

Yes that is the case.  The better the athlete, the less he has to compensate for physical shortcomings. 

Hoggish1

Correct.  We are doing a great job of recruiting road graders that don't hold.

HOGINTENNESSEE

NLRHog92

Totally jinxed us.

redeye

blu

For 2015 we add Rogers, Jackson, Allen and probably a couple more. Hoping we get Pruitt in here in Dec '15 with 3 to play 3.
Next year's line could be better than this year's we lose

Will still have Ragnow and I'm betting Skipper at least stays. That's a good point though and you know our coaches are fully aware of that and going after the kind of quality recruits that will hang in the program and be ready to go sooner rather than later. It is a good pitch for top quality OL recruits.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Arkiebarkie

We have a good shot at Jalin Barnett, he loves Pittman & CBB! WPS

Polecat

Jalen B would be a big addition
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

redeye

Quote from: blu on October 04, 2014, 05:02:53 am
For 2015 we add Rogers, Jackson, Allen and probably a couple more. Hoping we get Pruitt in here in Dec '15 with 3 to play 3.
Next year's line could be better than this year's we lose
Will still have Ragnow and I'm betting Skipper at least stays. That's a good point though and you know our coaches are fully aware of that and going after the kind of quality recruits that will hang in the program and be ready to go sooner rather than later. It is a good pitch for top quality OL recruits.

Don't forget Reeve Koehler.