Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It is with a heavy heart that I report the loss of a true Hog Fan

Started by Wayne Watson, September 21, 2014, 02:30:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Watson

Mr. B.D 'Wes' Harold passed away yesterday about 5:00 pm.  He was a great Hog fan and photographer.  Many of you know him and his work here on Hogville.  I know I will miss him greatly and will miss talking to him.  Please keep the Harold family in your thoughts and prayers.

I will post the funeral arraignments when they are finalized.

Rest in Peace, my good friend.  You now have the best seat in the house.

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Lanny

Wes was a heck of a friend, he went by Hogpics on here.  Very sad news
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

razorbackkid

Prayers to all and I'm sorry for your loss Wayne.  God Bless.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

TOM "tbw1"

One of a kind, he will be missed.  Prayers for you and his family, Wayne.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

rocksrt38

I did not know him, but I do know that he is standing in the "Hog Pen" in heaven rooting and pulling for our Hogs. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

grayhawg

DeltaBoy

Prayers sent for his Family and Friends.  Rest in Peace and as Wayne said You got the best seats in the house.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

opineonswine

reddogjcss

Wayne Watson

It's hard to think that I can't talk to him until we meet again.  For a lot of years, he was the only photographer allowed over RRS from above.
We don't rent pigs

Jowls

I'll remember him every time I pass one of his framed photos in my "Hog Den".
I.D.I.C.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Wayne Watson on September 21, 2014, 02:30:07 pm
Mr. B.D 'Wes' Harold passed away yesterday about 5:00 pm.  He was a great Hog fan and photographer.  Many of you know him and his work here on Hogville.  I know I will miss him greatly and will miss talking to him.  Please keep the Harold family in your thoughts and prayers.

I will post the funeral arraignments when they are finalized.

Rest in Peace, my good friend.  You now have the best seat in the house.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers go out to you and all of his family, Wayne. God bless.
Go Hogs Go!

Bahahaha11

I'm sure he'll have an even better view of the Hogs from Heaven! God bless!

Squealers

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Bahahaha11 on September 21, 2014, 07:15:22 pm
I'm sure he'll have an even better view of the Hogs from Heaven! God bless!

He and Paul can watch together.  Prayers for the family sent.

Hawgey-Davidson

Very sad for his passing. Prayers go out to you Wayne and the Harold family. The Big Man upstairs got another great Hog fan.

bobbybouchet

Thanks for letting us know about Wes.  I played in the Pagnozzi Charity Golf tournament with him for several years until he was no longer able to play.  Great guy to spend some time with and glad I got to know him.  He had us come out to his house and gave us one of his framed pictures, attached is the one I got from him.  Rest in peace my friend.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wayne Watson

Wes' funeral is set for Saturday at 11am at Bland Chapel in Rocky Branch.  Stockdale-Moody Funeral Services at 2898 West Walnut, Rogers, Arkansas is handling the arraignments.
We don't rent pigs

pfrg999

He is my fiancé's Step father and we will truly miss him and all of his stories ... Memorials can be sent to Bland Chapel and Circle of Life Hospice..  Peace Wes...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Wayne Watson

Quote from: pfrg999 on September 22, 2014, 05:02:02 pm
He is my fiancé's Step father and we will truly miss him and all of his stories ... Memorials can be sent to Bland Chapel and Circle of Life Hospice..  Peace Wes...

Thanks.  Does the family request memorials instead of flowers?
We don't rent pigs

sportschick

Yes, please send memorials in lieu of flowers-- Bland Chapel United Methodist Church, 8531 Twin Coves Road, Rogers, Arkansas or Circle of Life Hospice, 1201 NE Legacy Parkway, Bentonville, Arkansas. Thank you. I'll post the obituary here tomorrow. He was a proud marine, a great fan of the hogs, a wonderful grandfather to my kids and a great husband to my mom. Glad to call him my step-dad.

1highhog

Prayers sent to his family and all his friends, and know he'll be greatly missed.

AirForceHog

Just saw this. Terrible loss to the Razorback Nation. Wes sent me a photo for free because of my service. I was truly honored. My thoughts and prayers go to his family.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Iwastherein1969

his pictures will be missed greatly....and may yet another Hog fan as Chingachgook says, "yet another warrior goes to you swift and straight as an arrow shot into the Sun, welcome him and allow him to take his place next to others who have gone on before him."   RIP
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

KCHOGFAN

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

sportschick

Here is a copy of Wes's obituary. It will be in Wednesday's issue of the Northwest Arkansas Morning News for Benton and Washington County.

Bailey Davis "Wes" Harold, 81, of Rogers died Saturday afternoon, September 20, 2014, at home under the care of Circle of Life Hospice. Wes was born in Louisville, Kentucky on January 30, 1933, the youngest of five children to John Wesley and Aline (Puckett) Harold.
Wes's long and storied life included a semi-pro hockey career at the age of 17 with the Louisville Blades. At age 18, he joined the United States Marine Corps and became a special forces K Team sniper operating covertly in the jungles of Central and South America.  He also played football for the East Coast Marine team and was a proud Marine, serving until 1955.
In 1961, he came to Springdale as a plant engineer to build the Ralston Purina plant. He later sold insurance for Paul Revere Insurance, Co.  He loved fishing and was a pioneer on the Bass Pro Tour, and was the first president and founder of the Arkansas Bassmasters. Later, he became a homebuilder and developer and won an award from the National Association of Home Builders for Blueberry Acres subdivision in Springdale, as well as an award from Secretary of Housing, Jack Kemp, for his innovation in affordable housing and energy efficiency. 
Wes's contributions and involvement in the community were numerous. He was the President of the Springdale Jaycees, winning the award for Outstanding Jaycee for the State of Arkansas. He loved working with children and coached little league and Babe Ruth baseball and peewee football; he gave seminars for "Hooked on Fishing, Not Drugs"; he won the Springdale Volunteer of the Year award; and, was loved by many when he would play Santa for families and groups for fifty years. One of his loves was photography and he was appointed the state photographer for the filming of The Blue and The Grey. He was able to combine his love of photography with his other great love, the Razorbacks. As one of the biggest Hog fans, he raised thousands of dollars for the Razorback Foundation for his aerial photos of Razorback athletic facilities and events, as well as portraits of personnel. He was especially proud of his portraits of Frank Broyles and Nolan Richardson.
Wes is survived by his wife, Betsey Robinson-Harold; his son Wesley Neil Harold; step-son Col. John McCurdy, USAF, and his wife, Georgia of Colorado Springs; and step-daughter Lainie Hines and Paul Ferguson of Centerton; his grandchildren, Will and Daniel Hines and Lizzie and Luke McCurdy; and a host of extended family, including his church family at Bland Chapel.
Wes was predeceased by his parents and four older siblings.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorials be made in his name to Bland Chapel United Methodist Church, 8531 Twin Coves Road, Rogers, Arkansas or Circle of Life Hospice, 1201 NE Legacy Parkway, Bentonville, Arkansas.
A memorial service is set for 11 a.m., Saturday, September 27, at Bland Chapel United Methodist Church at Rocky Branch in Rogers.
Arrangements are by Stockdale-Compton Funeral Home in Rogers.

old hog

Very sad news indeed, only talked to the man a couple of times over the phone, but struck me as very down to earth. We will miss him, hog nation has lost a truly great one.

Pickwick Hog

Another sad loss for the Razorback family. Condolences to those fortunate enough to have known Mr. Harold.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.