Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Passing Concern

Started by Atlhogfan1, September 20, 2014, 09:22:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

I have a lot of concern coming out of these first four games with our passing game.  When we get in 3rd and 5+, nothing I have seen has suggested we will consistently make plays or protect BA. 

The last drive of the first half tonight and the fact I think Chaney has held back a lot especially tonight(wasn't necessary to hold the last two games).  I know he has a complicated offense.  For those reasons along with not having Wilson tonight, I'll hold out hope heading into the A&M - UGa stretch.  I like the route by Hollister tonight on the deep in and the catches he made.  He looks like someone to go with Henry we can use to move the chains.  Timing seems off on passes to our backs. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

WMHawgfan

Quote from: GB-Razorback on September 20, 2014, 09:20:01 pm
This is Hogville!  We want 500 rushing and 500 passing! 
true but I think if we can get 200 and 200 next week we have a real good shot at aTm

nearhogfan

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 20, 2014, 09:22:58 pm
I have a lot of concern coming out of these first four games with our passing game.  When we get in 3rd and 5+, nothing I have seen has suggested we will consistently make plays or protect BA. 

The last drive of the first half tonight and the fact I think Chaney has held back a lot especially tonight(wasn't necessary to hold the last two games).  I know he has a complicated offense.  For those reasons along with not having Wilson tonight, I'll hold out hope heading into the A&M - UGa stretch.  I like the route by Hollister tonight on the deep in and the catches he made.  He looks like someone to go with Henry we can use to move the chains.  Timing seems off on passes to our backs. 

What game were you watching?  What do you define as consistent on third and 5+?   That down and distance always favors the defense.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: nearhogfan on September 20, 2014, 09:26:10 pm
What game were you watching?  What do you define as consistent on third and 5+?   That down and distance always favors the defense.

I'm not being critical.  I said before the season this would be one of the I'll believe when I see it things with this team.  I'll believe it when I see it we will have an effective passing game in SEC play.  The last 3 weeks hasn't changed that.  I haven't said anything as I didn't want those going after Coach B and the program to jump on the opportunity to bash because I'm not.  It isn't my intentions in the least. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

bigred223

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 20, 2014, 09:31:15 pm

I'm not being critical.  I said before the season this would be one of the I'll believe when I see it things with this team.  I'll believe it when I see it we will have an effective passing game in SEC play.  The last 3 weeks hasn't changed that.  I haven't said anything as I didn't want those going after Coach B and the program to jump on the opportunity to bash because I'm not.  It isn't my intentions in the least. 

We converted several third and longs tonight... with the pass... Overall the passing game was sharp tonight.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: bigred223 on September 20, 2014, 09:38:52 pm
We converted several third and longs tonight... with the pass... Overall the passing game was sharp tonight.

We made some conversions with the pass.  I take a little hope from it.  NIU did not have an SEC level pass rush of course.  5-9 for 53 yards through the first half till our last possession had me very concerned.  One of those completions was on a great catch by HH.  That last possession looked good from a timing, accuracy and execution standpoint.  Second started shaky with a near pick 6 but ended very well.  For these reasons, I have hope but still very concerned. 

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 20, 2014, 09:31:15 pm

Wow!  Just Wow!

Atlhogfan1

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

BrokenArrowHogs

Man, some folks just worry too much.  Not "happy" unless they have something to fret about I guess.

LAHogfan123

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 20, 2014, 09:43:43 pm
We made some conversions with the pass.  I take a little hope from it.  NIU did not have an SEC level pass rush of course.  5-9 for 53 yards through the first half till our last possession had me very concerned.  One of those completions was on a great catch by HH.  That last possession looked good from a timing, accuracy and execution standpoint.  Second started shaky with a near pick 6 but ended very well.  For these reasons, I have hope but still very concerned.

You must have watched a different game, try watching it over again, maybe that'll help you used things in a better light.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on September 20, 2014, 09:57:49 pm
You must have watched a different game, try watching it over again, maybe that'll help you used things in a better light.

What in my posts have suggested I didn't see tonight's game?

Apparently some of you are unaware my posts aren't just based on tonight's game.  This is about heading into A&M-Bama-UGa. 

SemperFi

What we've seen from the Hogs passing game these few weeks are very generic routes. Haven't seen many slants or seam routes or even screens. These are typically bread and butter routes in any offense. I do expect to start seeing these routes once we hit SEC. Outside of that I'd say it was a very good performance from Brandon Allen and the Razorback Receiving Corps.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Dirty

You can't make everyone happy!

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 20, 2014, 09:59:00 pm
What in my posts have suggested I didn't see tonight's game?

Apparently some of you are unaware my posts aren't just based on tonight's game.  This is about heading into A&M-Bama-UGa. 

I hear your concerns and have a legitimate idea for you.  Change your perception. You perceive Brandon as not being good enough or the answer. So, every time he overthrows or under throws, your thought is "See?!?  I knew it."  When he throws a nice ball, you don't trust it. He threw 3 balls away tonight because nothing was there. That means that there were 4 times he didn't hit his target tonight. If you'll  think that he is the answer, then when he's 5 of 9, you trust he'll pick it up and get the job done. It's that group of people that you were right tonight.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on September 20, 2014, 10:37:42 pm
I hear your concerns and have a legitimate idea for you.  Change your perception. You perceive Brandon as not being good enough or the answer. So, every time he overthrows or under throws, your thought is "See?!?  I knew it."  When he throws a nice ball, you don't trust it. He threw 3 balls away tonight because nothing was there. That means that there were 4 times he didn't hit his target tonight. If you'll  think that he is the answer, then when he's 5 of 9, you trust he'll pick it up and get the job done. It's that group of people that you were right tonight.

My perception doesn't need changing.  You just created a hypothetical that isn't accurate.  I haven't said all of my concerns are with BA.  I've actually praised him - his improvement, overall play and certain throws tonight.  Problem some of you have is you make assumptions.  You assumed I'm being overly critical of BA when I'm not.  Others assumed I somehow criticized tonight's play as a whole which was incorrect. 

blu

Receivers overall looked much improved. Caught the ball - made some great catches. Very impressed with their improvement from game 1. BA looked like a quality SEC QB.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16