Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Louisiana newspaper suggests Ark in lead for 4-star CB Deshawn Raymond

Started by Hoggy Bear, September 20, 2014, 10:46:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgvillain

AugustaHog

Pair this kid with Henre and we are going to be nasty on the outside.  Those LA boys have a lil dog in em and they aren't afraid to bite.  I love what Eugene and Cornelius have shown.  I expect Santos to be a player too.

Birminghog

redeye

Quote from: Hawgvillain on September 20, 2014, 11:28:17 pm
Will be very tough to get him away from LSU...

That's what we heard with Santos Ramirez last year.  Let's hope our success in LA continues to grow.

The Hogfather

Pudgepork

Quote from: Birminghog on September 20, 2014, 11:36:57 pm
Will our win and LSU's loss help us with him?

probably not.  But it won't hurt.    If misstake hadn't blown up and come away with a 20 point win all of the recruits would notice.   LSU is going to have to go through coaching changes and scandals before they'd compare with where Arkansas is climbing from

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: redeye on September 20, 2014, 11:39:43 pm
That's what we heard with Santos Ramirez last year.  Let's hope our success in LA continues to grow.
Here we go again. It's widely known LSU was his first choice.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on September 21, 2014, 09:36:54 am

Here we go again. It's widely known that every player from Louisiana wants to stay in Louisiana and play for the Tigers.  NO EXCEPTIONS!  NONE!  Especially knowing that the Tigers continue to regress under Les "with more" Miles. 

And the mantra from the losers is loud and strong:
- Arkansas has NO chance to sign (insert name) so there is no need to try.
- Never take a chance because you might not succeed.
- Never aspire to be the best you can be because you might "fail". 
- Stay in your comfort zone because it's the easy thing to do. 
- Never be optimistic because you might be disappointed. 
- Always look at the negatives in everything because it's easy and a lot of company in that group. 

They just can't help themselves because it's just what losers do. 

LJHOG

I would like to see him sign with us.  I truly believe it would be in his best interests.  Our coaching staff is doing a good job preparing young for life not just football.

Vantage 8 dude

Really?! Is that so?! I mean go back and reread (or read if you haven't already) the NOLA article which basically states the while a lot of folks ASSUME that LSU is his first choice, "not fast my friend" is more a appropriate approach. The article states that the Hogs and even TCU could have a lead at this point because DR wants to play early and he feels the Tigers are pretty much loaded at CB. In this case a legitimate chance to play early and contribute in a meaningful way as a freshman just might win out. In any event IF we were take a major talent out of LA. it would certainly raise some eyebrows. Then again it appears that this is a trend (getting very solid out of state talent) that's become more common place over the past year or so under CBB and staff.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on September 21, 2014, 10:11:49 am

Here we go again. It's widely known that every player from Louisiana wants to stay in Louisiana and play for the Tigers.  NO EXCEPTIONS!  NONE!  Especially knowing that the Tigers continue to regress under Les "with more" Miles. 

- Always look at the negatives in everything because it's easy and a lot of company in that group. 

OMG...say it isn't so! We have a possible return of "THE NUTTERS!

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

jackflash

We recruited LA well last year. I believe we do so this year. Lot of talent in LA lived in Shreveport for 10 years. With the players we got last year coming and playing right a way. Will make more players come to Arkansas and take a look.

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 21, 2014, 10:45:41 am
Really?! Is that so?! I mean go back and reread (or read if you haven't already) the NOLA article which basically states the while a lot of folks ASSUME that LSU is his first choice, "not fast my friend" is more a appropriate approach. The article states that the Hogs and even TCU could have a lead at this point because DR wants to play early and he feels the Tigers are pretty much loaded at CB. In this case a legitimate chance to play early and contribute in a meaningful way as a freshman just might win out. In any event IF we were take a major talent out of LA. it would certainly raise some eyebrows. Then again it appears that this is a trend (getting very solid out of state talent) that's become more common place over the past year or so under CBB and staff.
Reading comprehension. Clearly I was talking about Ramirez. Damn.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on September 21, 2014, 11:30:30 am
Reading comprehension. Clearly I was talking about Ramirez. Damn.
Well obviously "my bad". It wasn't totally clear to me so there ya' go.

SemperFi

Outstanding post! Misery loves company and has always been the easy road to take.

Get these kids on campus and let them see first hand the direction that this program under Coach B and staff are taking it. Great things are coming.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Rocky&Boarwinkle

On an amusing side note.

NOLA's coverage team includes Jim Kleinpeter

klein means short or small in German.

That is an unfortunate last name.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: secfan30 on February 16, 2015, 11:01:56 pm

They are a perfect example of what happens with 10-12 generations of inbreeding.

alwaysnextyear

Hawgzinbowlz

Early playing time.

Every recruit is an individual with their own set of priorities.

Coach Michael Smith is earning his keep with his recruiting of Louisiana. He's changed The Hogs recruiting dynamic in the swampland.

We're building a winner.

" GO HOGS "

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on September 21, 2014, 12:01:51 pm
On an amusing side note.

Thanks so much for the "Jeopardy" bit of education when it comes to languages. Now I'll certainly know that the next time I visit Germany.  :D

Rocky&Boarwinkle

I like to share my own personal amusement.  Glad you enjoyed it as well.

It probably started as a description of two "peters" in town, which is a very common first name.  And they called one "short" and one "tall".  the name stuck and it became the family name.

Still funny to me nonetheless.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hawgvillain on September 20, 2014, 11:28:17 pm
Will be very tough to get him away from LSU...

IDK.. If he's the uncommon type we have been accumulating on The Hill he may very well go where he feels more comfortable. We may be in it to win it. I believe if our coaches pursue him past LSU then he will be worth it.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Tusks

I think the hogs are in the lead because the LSU depth chart is full and they have (I think) 2 DB commits that are top 15.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: tusked on September 21, 2014, 01:29:24 pm
I think the hogs are in the lead because the LSU depth chart is full and they have (I think) 2 DB commits that are top 15.

And we'll take them however we can get them.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

redeye

What you don't know is that LSU came after him hard, late last year, but he never wavered from Arkansas.

Lot's of schools have had good luck stealing Louisiana players away from LSU lately, so I don't know why it's so hard for some of us to believe we could do the same.

hogansas

Quote from: redeye on September 21, 2014, 03:35:15 pm
What you don't know is that LSU came after him hard, late last year, but he never wavered from Arkansas.

Lot's of schools have had good luck stealing Louisiana players away from LSU lately, so I don't know why it's so hard for some of us to believe we could do the same.
I know for a fact that our staff is working hard to maintain a presence in Louisiana.  I am sure that others get them, but I have personally seen flyers that the staff has sent to schools.  One in particular is a picture with all of our Louisiana guys in uniform holding their fingers up in an L shape.  There is also a picture of CBB with his quote about how he wants to send 10 guys down there because those Louisiana kids play ball the right way.  It may not be much, but it does say something, especially if non-biased coaches actually show them to the kids.
"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Does anyone know why Raymond's brother transferred out of LSU?

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: redeye on September 21, 2014, 03:35:15 pm

What? They didn't come on hard late. He went to their camp and received a non-commitable. That's a fact. I just hate it when uninformed people make us look like idiots to opposing fanbases.

hawgmasta

redeye

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on September 21, 2014, 04:00:17 pm
What? They didn't come on hard late. He went to their camp and received a non-commitable. That's a fact. I just hate it when uninformed people make us look like idiots to opposing fanbases.

I don't remember where I read it, but somewhere it was reported that LSU made the offer commitable at a later date.  I think it was shortly before he committed to Arkansas.  I know he had wanted to go to LSU and can't tell you why he chose Arkansas.

If you're worried about what opposing fanbases think, then maybe you don't belong here?

Hawg_Thai'd

with all due respect, Frank the opposing fanbases.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Tim Harris

They just can't help themselves because it’s just what losers do. 

Sure there are exceptions but LSU doesn't miss on many in state kids that they truly want.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on September 21, 2014, 12:01:51 pm
On an amusing side note.

lol
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ARtillahog

Quote from: Tim Harris on September 22, 2014, 07:34:07 am
Sure there are exceptions but LSU doesn't miss on many in state kids that they truly want.

Sad but true.

KeithStone

Quote from: tusked on September 21, 2014, 01:29:24 pm

Nice post, valuable, relevant, concise information.  +1 to you!  To everyone else bickering, which is making this thread impossible to read, go outside, have a smoke and relax a little.  There are significantly more pressing things in life than who was more in the know on an 18 year old kid that didn't even choose Arkansas.

redeye

Quote from: KeithStone on September 22, 2014, 01:36:29 pm
Nice post, valuable, relevant, concise information.  +1 to you!  To everyone else bickering, which is making this thread impossible to read, go outside, have a smoke and relax a little.  There are significantly more pressing things in life than who was more in the know on an 18 year old kid that didn't even choose Arkansas.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-footbl/2014/roster/53d90db4e4b0ad6118573903

mmhogs17

Quote from: Tim Harris on September 22, 2014, 07:34:07 am

Well, Louisiana was raided last year by several teams.

redeye

Quote from: mmhogs17 on September 22, 2014, 01:50:54 pm
Well, Louisiana was raided last year by several teams.

Using the 247 Composite, LSU only signed 5 of Louisiana's top-10, 10 of the top-20 and 13 of the top-30 last year.

tophawg19

your about as uninformed as it gets . You bring nothing but negativity to the board , just as your name implies . Make no mistake , there are big time kids in LA . looking to go out of state just as there are Arkansas kids looking to leave . LSU did contact Santos , after he committed to see if he would flip, but then i think you knew that. Just doesn't fit your Agenda .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Music City Hog

This tells me all I need to know:

"You have to look at LSU being the home school and my mom and grandma want me to go there bad," he informed.

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on October 13, 2014, 08:52:29 pm

"You have to look at LSU being the home school and my mom and grandma want me to go there bad," he informed.

Pull a Landon Collins and come to Arkansas, instead of Bama, haha.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

redeye

Quote from: Music City Hog on October 13, 2014, 08:52:29 pm

Alex Collins   :)

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Fort Dweller

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 14, 2014, 01:27:16 am
I take it that you are an LSU fan?

The statement he responded to was about this kid being the #1 CB the moment he set foot on our campus.  Toliver disagrees.

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

IBleedRazorbackRed

I wouldn't hold my breath on him. He was supposed to officially visit for the bama game, but he didn't make it.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on October 14, 2014, 08:16:54 am
I wouldn't hold my breath on him. He was supposed to officially visit for the bama game, but he didn't make it.

His uncle couldn't make it so that's the reason for the delay. He and his uncle are real close.