Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FSU - Clemson

Started by Atlhogfan1, September 20, 2014, 09:52:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Clemson appears to score a TD twice.  RB falls in endzone with the ball on the second play.  Bad snap has them now kicking a +40 yard FG.  ACC officials may be protecting the conference's playoff chances.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

GolfNut57

Why is Winston still on the sidelines? Thought he was only benched for the first half?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 20, 2014, 09:54:55 pm
Why is Winston still on the sidelines? Thought he was only benched for the first half?

Changed to a full game.

FG missed.  ACC officials 1 CU 0
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Fort Dweller

This game should be 30 to 10.  Clemson is shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly and are still controlling the game.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

GolfNut57

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 20, 2014, 09:57:48 pm
Changed to a full game.

Who decided that? The school or the NCAA?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

GolfNut57

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 20, 2014, 10:24:30 pm
The school did.

Mighty nice of them.  8) Especially knowing it might cost them their #1 ranking. The backup QB doesn't look all that great.

Atlhogfan1

Hogz87

If Clemson can pick up one first down then this game is over and "Famous Jameis" gets to spend a week being rightfully being dragged over the coals. 

Hogz87

So Jimbo completely throws away trying to get in FG range and, instead, opts for OT?  Guess that's not as risky since they're at home, but still.

Atlhogfan1

Clemson has become the biggest choking losers in college football.  UGa is close.  But Clemson has become what South Carolina was for years.  Waste great opportunities.  Maybe karma finally catches FSU - hopefully. 

GolfNut57

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 20, 2014, 10:45:05 pm
Clemson has become the biggest choking losers in college football.  UGa is close.  But Clemson has become what South Carolina was for years.  Waste great opportunities.  Maybe karma finally catches FSU - hopefully.

Kinda harsh since they haven't lost the game yet.

panhandlepig

I don't think Winston should have been dressed out on the side-lines and be a distraction. What does suspended mean? To me, if you are suspended and can't play, that means stay home and don't participate at all.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 20, 2014, 10:48:38 pm
Kinda harsh since they haven't lost the game yet.

We've seen this from Clemson for 20 years.  It was harsh though. 

CU should have gone quick on 4th down.  Finesse team though on 4th and short.  Losers.  Now we get to see FSU players act like the Canes of the 80s with their celebration. 

RazorChuck

No justice, the slime ball thugs get the win.

GolfNut57

Quote from: panhandlepig on September 20, 2014, 10:48:51 pm
   I don't think Winston should have been dressed out on the side-lines and be a distraction. What does suspended mean? To me, if you are suspended and can't play, that means stay home and don't participate at all.

Do you seriously think that him being on the sideline had any influence on the games outcome?

Atlhogfan1

I may have to pull for ND or Louisville once this season.   :puke:

GolfNut57

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 20, 2014, 10:49:39 pm
We've seen this from Clemson for 20 years.  It was harsh though. 

CU should have gone quick on 4th down.  Finesse team though on 4th and short.  Losers.  Now we get to see FSU players act like the Canes of the 80s with their celebration.

Put the loss on the coach. dumb play call. FSU did well though to win it without their starting QB. The backup looked awful.

TomasPistola

Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 20, 2014, 10:56:06 pm
Do you seriously think that him being on the sideline had any influence on the games outcome?

I think if you really wanted to punish him you make him stay at home. Allowing him on the sidelines and in warm ups makes it all about him and that's what he wants.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

TomasPistola

Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 20, 2014, 10:57:17 pm
Put the loss on the coach. dumb play call. FSU did well though to win it without their starting QB. The backup looked awful.

Awful 4th down call. I agree with going for it. But that was a terrible play.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

GolfNut57

Quote from: TomasPistola on September 20, 2014, 10:58:39 pm
I think if you really wanted to punish him you make him stay at home. Allowing him on the sidelines and in warm ups makes it all about him and that's what he wants.

I disagree there. Not letting him play is punishment enough. Don't see how letting him stay on the sidelines makes it all about him. What HE wanted was to play. He had to sit it out. That made it all about the TEAM.

TomasPistola

Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 20, 2014, 11:02:32 pm
I disagree there. Not letting him play is punishment enough. Don't see how letting him stay on the sidelines makes it all about him. What HE wanted was to play. He had to sit it out. That made it all about the TEAM.

No, the cameras were all over him the entire game and even afterwards. He's prancing around like he had something to do with them winning. He should not have been seen at all. The kid has been in trouble repeatedly. He's not getting the message.
You were right.
You did a great job.

panhandlepig

Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 20, 2014, 10:56:06 pm

Any influence on the game? Of course not. But, the cameras did spend an inordinate amount of time focusing on him on the sidelines. If he was suspended from playing, he shouldn't be on the sidelines in my opinion.

The focus  should be on the team he screwed over by getting suspended and on this first time starting QB. They won without him. He shouldn't get to share in the celebration.  Tonight he was not part of the team.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: TomasPistola on September 20, 2014, 10:58:39 pm

Agree.  Suspended.... should mean not being part of the team on the field, or the sidelines.  He was featured on TV with more close ups than most of the players. It got really old. It's one thing for the cameras to show a player that is injured & cannot play.....another to show close ups the whole game of someone that has been suspended from the team because of his behavior.  The camera's should have ignored him, followed the football game... the players & coaches involved in the actual game.  Poor decision by the broadcast producers.  They made the broadcast too much about Winston.......instead of the actual football game. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

RazorChuck

Actually Winston should be in jail, there was plenty of reasons for that to be the case, they simply chose to ignore evidence and testimony.