Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dime time

Started by All Bleed Red, September 19, 2014, 11:13:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

All Bleed Red

Any word on how his visit is going? Sure seems like Anderson wants this kid.

pigture perfect

He needs a big for this class. Hope we get him.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Razorod

Let's hope it's a good visit.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The Hogfather

mhuff

His stats looked good. He was a freshman last year and had a big time player ahead of him.

Razorod

I'll be interested to hear how this visit went. Need a good big in this class.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

HawgnCorona

Dont think it can be done but I like LeGerald Vick in this class too...Along with Dime and Whitt!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HawgnCorona on September 20, 2014, 09:47:05 pm
Dont think it can be done but I like LeGerald Vick in this class too...Along with Dime and Whitt!

Vick has a lot of potential. Looks like he plays with a chip on his shoulder also, I like that.

Dime is such a good shot blocker and quick leaper I would love to see what a player with that Ath ability and Size could do in this system.

HawgnCorona

I do like them both but Vick has the ability to be a game changer...And Dime gives us a defender at the rim. We need both in my opinion. So Im greedy here. Im hoping we can take both. Figure the numbers out later.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

OnTheHillHogFan

According to another board if we sign another guard in the fall it will be Kevaughn Allen.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

RICKHOGHEAD

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on September 21, 2014, 12:11:08 am
According to another board if we sign another guard in the fall it will be Kevaughn Allen.
I sure hope so! That would be awesome.

mhuff

Quote from: HawgnCorona on September 20, 2014, 09:54:31 pm
I do like them both but Vick has the ability to be a game changer...And Dime gives us a defender at the rim. We need both in my opinion. So Im greedy here. Im hoping we can take both. Figure the numbers out later.

Dominicanhog

I rather it be Vick, but I'm sure the coaches have a preference.

TomBigBeeHog

Another vote for Vick here. I really like his game.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

The_Bionic_Pig

Exactly!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ArkansasI

I watched a clip of Kevaughn. He reminded me of Brandon Dean.

I know nothing about Vick. Can someone compare his game to a known player?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 21, 2014, 06:54:56 pm
I rather it be Vick, but I'm sure the coaches have a preference.

Coaches are focusing on bigs + Kevaughn, Monk & Moore have a much better chance of reuniting...also Hill/Allen are all very familiar with each other.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Blythevillehog72315

I watched video of both Legerald Vick and Kevaughn Allen and i really like their game.Then i had to look at Malik Monk mixtape video and i really love his game the other two was only okay to me but Monk is a lot better. If i had to pick one it's Monk hands down

PorkRinds

Quote from: Blythevillehog72315 on September 21, 2014, 09:22:23 pm
I watched video of both Legerald Vick and Kevaughn Allen and i really like their game.Then i had to look at Malik Monk mixtape video and i really love his game the other two was only okay to me but Monk is a lot better. If i had to pick one it's Monk hands down

Very astute observation.

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Blythevillehog72315

Player you don't know me so don't get put in your place cause right now you are trying to put gas on my fire and if you don't like what I posted you really don't have to respond.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Blythevillehog72315 on September 22, 2014, 09:56:33 am
Player you don't know me so don't get put in your place cause right now you are trying to put gas on my fire and if you don't like what I posted you really don't have to respond.

Either you are off to a bad start here at Hogville in your first 4 posts, or this isn't your first 4 posts.

PorkRinds

I'm not a player, I just crush a lot.

intelligence

Quote from: ArkansasI on September 21, 2014, 08:41:10 pm
I watched a clip of Kevaughn. He reminded me of Brandon Dean.

I know nothing about Vick. Can someone compare his game to a known player?

Vick has some hops and some athleticism. reminds me slightly of BJ Young without the drama and tendency to ball hog. he's not as fast as bj, but he has that fluid quick qwitch athleticism that elite athletes possess, and he's a pretty explosive leaper. he made some pretty passes in his highlights too. His layups are pretty generic and basic, but he does a good job of using his body to get separation from the defender. he also made some nice defensive plays in the clips i've seen. If we land Vick i'd be just as thrilled as i would be with Allen, but i can't lie i really want Allen. He's one of the most disciplined high school players i've ever seen, and in my opinion he's a top 5 guard in this class.

One thing about Kevaughn, the fans are down on him but i would love to have Kevaughn as a hog. He's a talented ball handler and his shot is money. he crossed over malik in eybl in front of Anderson, Donovan, and Calipari. He followed it up on the next trip with a rain maker three over malik. However, malik countered on the next trip with a three about 10 ft in front of the line with allen in his hip pocket. They are two of the greatest highschool players i've ever seen in my life. Kevaughn will play in the NBA. he has all the tools and he's a game changer.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2014, 10:05:40 am

Funny how one of the top players in 2016 is better than those in the 50's and higher in 2015 class.

intelligence

And to add, about Dime, i think he's great too. we do need a big, but the fans over at Iowa State seem pretty confident he'll be a Cyclone.

Hawg Red

PLAYER.

Gonna have to start using that one.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 22, 2014, 10:25:14 am
PLAYER.

Gonna have to start using that one.

I prefer "playa playa".

onebadrubi

intelligence

Quote from: Blythevillehog72315 on September 21, 2014, 09:22:23 pm

There's no doubt that Malik Monk is a very talented basketball, and the best athlete of the group. Having said that, you should have seen Kevaughn and Monk battle in a EYBL game. i watched it live on the EYBL site and Kevaugn broke malik's ankles repeatedly and nailed 3 after 3 in his face. They were equally impressive in my eyes, but Malik is more noticeable for his highlight reel dunks and effortless long range bombs, where as allen is a better basketball player, with a pure shot, adequate speed and athleticism, and deadly crossovers and ball handling ability. Billy Donovan doesn't go around recruiting scrubs, so don't insult Kevaughn to prop up Monk. Kevaughn is a hell of a basketball player. he reminds me of a smaller Joe Johnson. just very well rounded basketball skills, practically a cant miss for College and the NBA.

rzrbackramsfan

Dude you said you liked the highlight of the number one or two player in the country over guys around the 50th best. It's like saying you think Jordan is better than pippin, personally, in my opinion.

navyhog24

September 22, 2014, 11:25:10 am #31 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:42:15 pm by navyhog24
So is there an actual update about the visit rather than a derailing of the thread on other players?

ArkansasI

Quote from: intelligence on September 22, 2014, 10:14:41 am
Vick has some hops and some athleticism. reminds me slightly of BJ Young without the drama and tendency to ball hog. he's not as fast as bj, but he has that fluid quick qwitch athleticism that elite athletes possess, and he's a pretty explosive leaper. he made some pretty passes in his highlights too. His layups are pretty generic and basic, but he does a good job of using his body to get separation from the defender. he also made some nice defensive plays in the clips i've seen. If we land Vick i'd be just as thrilled as i would be with Allen, but i can't lie i really want Allen. He's one of the most disciplined high school players i've ever seen, and in my opinion he's a top 5 guard in this class.

One thing about Kevaughn, the fans are down on him but i would love to have Kevaughn as a hog. He's a talented ball handler and his shot is money. he crossed over malik in eybl in front of Anderson, Donovan, and Calipari. He followed it up on the next trip with a rain maker three over malik. However, malik countered on the next trip with a three about 10 ft in front of the line with allen in his hip pocket. They are two of the greatest highschool players i've ever seen in my life. Kevaughn will play in the NBA. he has all the tools and he's a game changer.

Thanks for the reply.  I was extremely impressed with Kevaughn's film.  He would be a huge loss if he sticks to his Florida commitment.  The young many is a player - built like truck, too.

I would love to see Kevaughn stay home.

I also appreciate your reply to other fans who somehow think it wise to prop one player by criticizing another.  This is not the way to build relationships.

Good posts.

Blythevillehog72315

Sorry if i was being disrespectful to anyone on here I'm a hog fan just like everyone else on here so please forgive me for getting mad over something so small really i just wanna be part of the team

hawgsmellgud

Chill playa, nobody wants to see nobody get put in there place around here. Think of the kids man.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

PorkRinds

Quote from: Blythevillehog72315 on September 22, 2014, 01:41:09 pm
Sorry if i was being disrespectful to anyone on here I'm a hog fan just like everyone else on here so please forgive me for getting mad over something so small really i just wanna be part of the team

No biggie man. I was just giving you a hard time. Welcome to the board.

Break & Run

................................ MrCoolHog ???
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

onebadrubi

Quote from: Break & Run on September 22, 2014, 03:12:00 pm
................................ MrCoolHog ???

No way!  Mrcoolhog needed two publishers or 12 years worth of upper level english classes to achieve blytheville's english and grammar. 

SPAL

Blythevillehog72315

To be real with you guys I'm really not to big on Dime i really like his game but i rather have a 4year player then this one

Nosboar Accubond

We are focusing on the wrong question.

The right question: If Malik D. comes to AR can we have his travel bag embroidered with "Dime bag"?

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on September 22, 2014, 04:53:57 pm
We are focusing on the wrong question.

The right question: If Malik D. comes to AR can we have his travel bag embroidered with "Dime bag"?

and by the way, brother can you spare a Dime?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Hogimus Prime

Bigmen like Malik are a dime a dozen.

mbgrulz

it would be huge for the state to get KeVaughn, KJ, W. Gragg, Pettway, and Jamario Bell to all come be Hogs. Seems like I'm forgetting someone, but just those 5 studs right there would be HUGE!

Seems like KeVaughn is the only one thinking of going out of state...

Why don't a few of you guys become pseudo-florida fans and pay a big time guard to commit to UF to help make KeVaughn's decision easier?

Nosboar Accubond

I think KeVaugh is gone no matter what

intelligence

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 22, 2014, 04:58:41 pm
and by the way, brother can you spare a Dime?

Fresh out cuh, not a Dime to my name.

HawgnCorona

If you are a HOG FAN then it is automatic, speaking of the team. However, the disrespect and smite are just a part of it. So pay it no never mind...Welcome board and dont be afraid express your POV!

+1 to U.

Blythevillehog72315

I really don't understand why coaches always over look good players in the Northeast part of the state to the last moment then it's to late Memphis or Old Miss comes through then it's over i must say we got lucky picking up Marshall at the last moment in football two years ago

Foshodo

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2014, 10:05:40 am

Lil' brown hairs everywhere...

Swinesong1

Quote from: Foshodo on September 24, 2014, 02:10:22 am
Lil' brown hairs everywhere...
Well this has been derailed in EVERY possible way.