Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just watched FS Northside put it on Greenwood

Started by PorkRinds, September 19, 2014, 10:44:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

September 19, 2014, 10:44:22 pm Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:00:29 am by PorkRinds
NHS's pass defense was really good. D. Dean was on the QB's heels the entire game. (That I saw) Didnt give him much time to pass at all.  D. Hardwick was a monster against the run and the NHS secondary was stifling. It was a great game for northside. I'm hoping they will start providing a couple players for the hogs every year or two.

ldfergu

Fort Dweller

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 19, 2014, 10:44:22 pm
NHS's pass defense was really good. D. Dean was on the QB's heels the entire game. Didnt give him much time to pass at all.  D. Hardwick was a monster against the run and the NHS secondary was stifling. It was a great game for northside. I'm hoping they will start providing a couple players for the hogs every year or two.

Wanted to make this game but work ran long.  I'm drawing a blank but isn't there a BCS level CB on NHS?
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

PorkRinds

Yep. Kiondre Thomas. He's really fast but a bit undersized. If he grows some he very well could be. In fact, someone will likely take a chance on him even if he doesn't. He had a decent game but nothing  stands out like the last game I saw.

PorkRyan

Kiondre Thomas is the DB.  He is a Junior.  He took a KO to the house.  He is thin, but very fast.  Hardwick is an absolute monster at LB.  I think he may be the best player in the state right now.  That's the 2nd time I've seen him this year and he dominated both times.  I've never seen Greenwood's offense dominated like that. 

BrianWPS!!

Hardwick played like the best linebacker in the state tonight.  Perhaps one of the best to come from arkansas in a long time.  When he gets to the hole, he fills it with attitude and absolutely demolished a greenwood kid on kick off.  Had a few impressive pass deflections from greenwoods quick pass game but this kid is a middle linebacker to the core.  Im hearing that he is working on his grades diligently and should be a legit prospect by the time 2016 class is really heating up. 
Very Very impressive physical specimen compared to what looked like a jr high team in greenwood.  Northside has some monsters on the trenches this year and it wore down the smaller bulldogs so teams like bentonville,fayetteville, should put up more of a challenge against this front 7. 

pigture perfect

I remember when FSN and SS were the cream of the crop in the state. Maybe they will be again.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PorkRinds

Quote from: PorkRyan on September 19, 2014, 11:16:21 pm
Kiondre Thomas is the DB.  He is a Junior.  He took a KO to the house.  He is thin, but very fast.  Hardwick is an absolute monster at LB.  I think he may be the best player in the state right now.  That's the 2nd time I've seen him this year and he dominated both times.  I've never seen Greenwood's offense dominated like that.

When did he take the kick off? I only saw the second half!

PorkRyan

Quote from: BrianWPS!! on September 19, 2014, 11:25:28 pm
Hardwick played like the best linebacker in the state tonight.  Perhaps one of the best to come from arkansas in a long time.  When he gets to the hole, he fills it with attitude and absolutely demolished a greenwood kid on kick off.  Had a few impressive pass deflections from greenwoods quick pass game but this kid is a middle linebacker to the core.  Im hearing that he is working on his grades diligently and should be a legit prospect by the time 2016 class is really heating up. 

Everyone that has watched him this year describes him just like you did.  We go to a high school game in the area just about every Friday night and have been doing that for 20+ years.  I can't think of a kid that I have seen in high school that plays as physical as Hardwick.  He looks like someone that was put on this earth for the sole purpose of playing MLB.   

PorkRyan

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 19, 2014, 11:36:39 pm
When did he take the kick off? I only saw the second half!

Northside returned 2 for TD's.  One near the end of the 1st half and one to start the 2nd half.  I think he was the one in the 2nd half but I may have it backwards. 

PorkRinds

PorkRyan

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 19, 2014, 11:43:31 pm
Crap I missed both!

Greenwood was in control of the game until Northside ran the first one back.  It was 17-7 with about 3 minutes left and Northside was not doing anything on offense.  I believe #6 took the first one to the house and #10 took the 2nd one.  Those completely changed the game.   

PorkRinds

Quote from: PorkRyan on September 19, 2014, 11:55:13 pm
Greenwood was in control of the game until Northside ran the first one back.  It was 17-7 with about 3 minutes left and Northside was not doing anything on offense.  I believe #6 took the first one to the house and #10 took the 2nd one.  Those completely changed the game.   

When I came in nhs had just taken the lead.

GrizzlyRider07

I really hope we offer Hardwick! That kid is a special rare talent a linebacker. He already has the size to play college ball and is just so much better than everyone else on the field. The kid is a flat out beast and I really believe that his recruitment is going to blow up fast!! If this kid isn't a 5* LB by the time he graduates I'd really like to see one that's that much better than him. No lie the kid is THAT'S GOOD!!
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on September 20, 2014, 12:31:47 am
I really hope we offer Hardwick! That kid is a special rare talent a linebacker. He already has the size to play college ball and is just so much better than everyone else on the field. The kid is a flat out beast and I really believe that his recruitment is going to blow up fast!! If this kid isn't a 5* LB by the time he graduates I'd really like to see one that's that much better than him. No lie the kid is THAT'S GOOD!!
We have offered him. He needs to get his grades up and then he'll be able to commit
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

BrianWPS!!

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on September 20, 2014, 12:31:47 am

Usually I kind of disregard the whole "if he's not a 4 5 star then. . . " but hardwick is just different. I actually agree that he deserves this ranking. It was just overall impressive to see a kid that size do the things he did to a well coached greenwood team. Having a good dline in front doesn't hurt him either.

bulldog04

I watched online and it seem like dean was slow playing because of greenwoods screens and he would chase the RB out of the backfield some.  That was their scheme.  Hardwick was great in pass coverage and was always around the ball.  Thomas wasn't really tested that much but he had a couple of deflections.  Now on the kickoff return he showed big time speed and outran gwood 's angles easily

HogFoo

Glad to see NHS relevant again with recruits.  It's been a while since some good ones passed through the school.  Probably the last great player was back when Matt Jones transfer over to NHS.  Or before that probably keniko logan.      But it has been a while.

I just wish that the LR area schools would get back to producing kids like they used too.  When was the last time LR Central produced a big time player?  Was it 05' ?
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

The real Hogules

Quote from: PorkRyan on September 19, 2014, 11:37:47 pm
Everyone that has watched him this year describes him just like you did.  We go to a high school game in the area just about every Friday night and have been doing that for 20+ years.  I can't think of a kid that I have seen in high school that plays as physical as Hardwick.  He looks like someone that was put on this earth for the sole purpose of playing MLB.   

I can think of a past LB'er, whose intensity was every bit as intense as Hardwick's appears to be.
Shannon Wright.
Some will remember him, some will not.
He was a monster and he attended Southside HS, before signing with the Hogs.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

GrizzlyRider07

Quote from: BrianWPS!! on September 20, 2014, 01:13:23 am
Usually I kind of disregard the whole "if he's not a 4 5 star then. . . " but hardwick is just different. I actually agree that he deserves this ranking. It was just overall impressive to see a kid that size do the things he did to a well coached greenwood team. Having a good dline in front doesn't hurt him either.

Trust me I agree with you, I'm always hesitant to give a young player that kind of praise but this kid has it. I've watched him in every game this year and each game I've been more and more impressed.  He does things that you always wish a MLB can do. He's versatile and can play the pass very well and also the run. I'm excited to see this kid get even better this year. Also what's great is the fact that he said he is a razorback regardless. He wants to play with his high school team mate Dean too.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

PorkRinds

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on September 20, 2014, 10:05:42 am
Trust me I agree with you, I'm always hesitant to give a young player that kind of praise but this kid has it. I've watched him in every game this year and each game I've been more and more impressed.  He does things that you always wish a MLB can do. He's versatile and can play the pass very well and also the run. I'm excited to see this kid get even better this year. Also what's great is the fact that he said he is a razorback regardless. He wants to play with his high school team mate Dean too.

Im with you. He's a stud.

Pudgepork

Quote from: The real Hogules on September 20, 2014, 10:04:54 am
I can think of a past LB'er, whose intensity was every bit as intense as Hardwick's appears to be.
Shannon Wright.
Some will remember him, some will not.
He was a monster and he attended Southside HS, before signing with the Hogs.

Shannon Wright came into a Razorback defense that wasn't devoid of talent and from time season started he was the best linebacker on the field it seemed.   When he got into the game it just seemed like he was everywhere.
His life and career ended way too soon.   He seemed to live with the same edge that he played with.   In the short time at Arkansas there were stories of robbing a 7-11 and wrasslin bulls at midnight.   Sounds like the perfect NFL middle linebacker

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Kiondre Thomas is listed at 5'11 151 in the program. No way. That kid is much sturdier than that. He appears to me to be around 175-180 lbs and at least 5'11, maybe 6'0.

He got his hands on a couple of possible INTs but didn't hold on in the game. He is very fast, runs smoothly. When he saw the opening on the kickoff, he accelerated quickly hitting a gear nobody on the Greenwood team has. I don't think he was touched.

Dean is really put together, looks like an SEC D lineman and has a high motor. I think he grows and moves inside, but he could be a strongside DE.

I like Hardwick's game a lot. Looks the part, plays strong against the run and took a fumble recovery to the house from 70 yards or so, running like a tailback...

This is easily the best Northside team in ten years or more with at least three SEC level prospects.

Don't worry about Thomas' size. Carroll Washington was 160 when Coach B and Herbert got here, now he's 180 or more and he was older than Thomas. The kid can play and should easily get bigger and stronger w/o losing speed.
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 19, 2014, 10:44:22 pm
NHS's pass defense was really good. D. Dean was on the QB's heels the entire game. (That I saw) Didnt give him much time to pass at all.  D. Hardwick was a monster against the run and the NHS secondary was stifling. It was a great game for northside. I'm hoping they will start providing a couple players for the hogs every year or two.

They used to beasts along with PBH back in the day... I can see our in state crop getting better every year going forward...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hoofer

HogPhilosophy

What about Drew Morgans little brother from Greenwood. RD tweeted some of his Defensive stats from that game and they were pretty crazy!

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogPhilosophy on September 21, 2014, 06:00:13 pm
What about Drew Morgans little brother from Greenwood. RD tweeted some of his Defensive stats from that game and they were pretty crazy!

He's a great kid. Plays mlb and is pretty good. He's ylung though so it's hard to know if he will have the size.

tophawg19

the Arkansas high school football is getting better and better . We steadily are getting more available recruits in the state that can play SEC ball ,
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on September 21, 2014, 12:19:02 pm
Kiondre Thomas is listed at 5'11 151 in the program. No way. That kid is much sturdier than that. He appears to me to be around 175-180 lbs and at least 5'11, maybe 6'0.

He got his hands on a couple of possible INTs but didn't hold on in the game. He is very fast, runs smoothly. When he saw the opening on the kickoff, he accelerated quickly hitting a gear nobody on the Greenwood team has. I don't think he was touched.

Dean is really put together, looks like an SEC D lineman and has a high motor. I think he grows and moves inside, but he could be a strongside DE.

I like Hardwick's game a lot. Looks the part, plays strong against the run and took a fumble recovery to the house from 70 yards or so, running like a tailback...

This is easily the best Northside team in ten years or more with at least three SEC level prospects.

Don't worry about Thomas' size. Carroll Washington was 160 when Coach B and Herbert got here, now he's 180 or more and he was older than Thomas. The kid can play and should easily get bigger and stronger w/o losing speed.

I hope you saw the play where Greenwood threw a little sideline pass and Thomas FELL DOWN with the ball almost in the GWood receivers hands.  He gets off the ground and gets his hands on the ball.  Just a fraction of a second from a pick six.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 22, 2014, 11:10:16 am
I hope you saw the play where Greenwood threw a little sideline pass and Thomas FELL DOWN with the ball almost in the GWood receivers hands.  He gets off the ground and gets his hands on the ball.  Just a fraction of a second from a pick six.

The game where Thomas had 3 int's was outstanding.  I think he gets an offer if his grades are in order. I love the resurgence of NHS.  I went to southside, and I've found my allegiances changed in the last couple of years.  The new coach at NHS does it right, and their work with the community is great.  I really like the direction they are headed.

PorkRyan

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2014, 11:12:38 am
The game where Thomas had 3 int's was outstanding.  I think he gets an offer if his grades are in order. I love the resurgence of NHS.  I went to southside, and I've found my allegiances changed in the last couple of years.  The new coach at NHS does it right, and their work with the community is great.  I really like the direction they are headed.

I went to Northside, but my son goes to Greenwood, so I root for all three schools.  I agree with you, Northside and Greenwood are both doing things right in regards with how they work with their communities and youth football.  If Northside starts a replica of Fasdogs, look out. 

PorkRyan

Quote from: hoofer on September 21, 2014, 04:25:21 pm
what are Hardwick's measurables?

6'1 242 were his measurements from the Arkansas camp.  Bielema always talks about Bijhon Jackson's incredible ass, Hardwick is just like him.  Hardwick could be a 6'1 260 lb MLB.  He has the frame for it

PorkRyan

Quote from: HogPhilosophy on September 21, 2014, 06:00:13 pm

He is a kid that plays way above his talent level. Walk on fullback would probably be his only shot at Arkansas.  He plays hard and is a really good high school player though.   

PorkRyan

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on September 21, 2014, 12:19:02 pm

Weighed in at 161 at Arkansas camp.