Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Visitors update?

Started by AugustaHog, September 19, 2014, 08:54:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AugustaHog

Any updates from the catfish hole tonight?

ec2285

Catfish was delicious. Hush puppies plentiful.

Something might have been going on in the other room though. Lot of hollering and calling the Hogs and whatnot.

redeye

September 19, 2014, 09:44:14 pm #2 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:11:41 am by redeye
nm

HappyHog

Wrong forum on the lap dance comment.  Those are 18 to 22 year old college students who have family members who frequent this site.  Smite away, but that is just wrong!

scooby21322

Quote from: HappyHog on September 19, 2014, 10:18:14 pm
Wrong forum on the lap dance comment.  Those are 18 to 22 year old college students who have family members who frequent this site.  Smite away, but that is just wrong!
+1

redeye

Quote from: HappyHog on September 19, 2014, 10:18:14 pm

I think you're both being overly sensitive, but I removed it in case I'm wrong.

immahog

Quote from: redeye on September 20, 2014, 12:15:39 am
I think you're both being overly sensitive, but I removed it in case I'm wrong.

+1
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: AugustaHog on September 19, 2014, 08:54:23 pm
Any updates from the catfish hole tonight?

Loud and rockin'.  Mrs. Longtime and I were on that side of The Catfish Hole last evening and it appeared to be a packed house for the official visits of OK OL Jalin Barnett, FL LB Derrick Graham, & 6'10" forward Malik Dime out of Indian Hills Community College, Ottumwa, IA. 

Our booth was right at the door where these youngsters came in to a standing ovation and Hog call.  We were loud, enthusiastic and showed them a lot of love. 

I don't know what the Alabama's of the world show these guys, but the rowdy fans at The Catfish Hole have to be an experience they'll savor and keep for a long time.    WPS!!!   
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

TX HOG

Are recruits allowed on the sidelines or just in the stands?

Oklahawg

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on September 20, 2014, 08:47:42 am
Loud and rockin'.  Mrs. Longtime and I were on that side of The Catfish Hole last evening and it appeared to be a packed house for the official visits of OK OL Jalin Barnett, FL LB Derrick Graham, & 6'10" forward Malik Dime out of Indian Hills Community College, Ottumwa, IA. 

Our booth was right at the door where these youngsters came in to a standing ovation and Hog call.  We were loud, enthusiastic and showed them a lot of love. 

I don't know what the Alabama's of the world show these guys, but the rowdy fans at The Catfish Hole have to be an experience they'll savor and keep for a long time.    WPS!!!   

Good stuff. I am glad fans are willing to be a part of the process like this. They do it at every school and UA has a signature event that recruits can talk about.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

AugustaHog

Thanks guys!  Glad to hear the place was rockin'!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Muskliketusk on September 20, 2014, 01:57:37 pm
You don't understand things like a full trophy case and tons of draft success? Interesting, but those things seem more appealing than a bunch of townies screaming at a mediocre restaurant.

I think it's excellent food for what it is.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

You don't understand things like a full trophy case and tons of draft success? Interesting, but those things seem more appealing than a bunch of townies screaming at a mediocre restaurant.

Beat it scrub.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

srwhogs1

What time do they host this at The Catfish Hole? we're coming back home vs bama and want to be there for the Friday night recruit dinner..

The Recruiting Guy

Went extremely well. Jalin's grandmother loved it. Jalin is a tough one to read.

Both Derrick and PJ were blown away.

yraciv

No one showed up, the catfish was burned, and 3 plates of hushpuppies were dropped on the flloor, so everyone went home afterwords....

I don't get these threads. What do you expect to hear on night one of a weekend visit?  Dinner is dinner, and I'm sure it was a good meal and exciting environment like always.  Have you ever heard anyone say a negative thing about their catfish hole recruiting experience?

redeye

Quote from: Muskliketusk on September 20, 2014, 04:18:52 pm
I'd attempt, albeit poorly, to be insulting if I couldn't refute a valid point too. Congrats?

You act like Arkansas doesn't have it's own full trophy case or cadre of NFL players.  Obviously it's not as big as the most successful programs, like Alabama, but why do you feel a need to point it out?  Are you trolling?

Oklahoma is #1 on ESPN's list of most prestigious programs, so they likely have a lot, also, but our class is currently ranked about the same, so apparently those things aren't all that matter.

PorkRinds

Quote from: yraciv on September 20, 2014, 04:26:54 pm
No one showed up, the catfish was burned, and 3 plates of hushpuppies were dropped on the flloor, so everyone went home afterwords....

I don't get these threads. What do you expect to hear on night one of a weekend visit?  Dinner is dinner, and I'm sure it was a good meal and exciting environment like always.  Have you ever heard anyone say a negative thing about their catfish hole recruiting experience?
i

You two guys should take this garbage back to MMQB.

hogs24

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 20, 2014, 04:25:41 pm
Went extremely well. Jalin's grandmother loved it. Jalin is a tough one to read.

the grandmother liking it is good news. Thanks RD
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

yraciv

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 20, 2014, 04:38:32 pm
i
You two guys should take this garbage back to MMQB.

I believe I had a valid point, and more importantly I didn't put down the catfish hole or our fans like that other garbage post.  Just like Richard says every weekend, wait until Sunday.  The only thing you'll see on Friday when only a few of our visitor's have arrived yet are the occasional picture and tweets about great catfish and a good environment.  It's literally the same story every week!  Not that that is a bad thing.

Fort Dweller

Jalin is a tough one to read.

I remember people saying the same thing about Kirkland.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

TX HOG

Tough to read? I would have to think that's a good thing. He has a lot of pressure to stay in state. Him Keeping quiet might be a good thing for us

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Fort Dweller on September 20, 2014, 05:37:34 pm
I remember people saying the same thing about Kirkland.

And Brian Wallace

redeye

Quote from: TX HOG on September 20, 2014, 08:09:35 pm
Tough to read? I would have to think that's a good thing. He has a lot of pressure to stay in state. Him Keeping quiet might be a good thing for us

I agree, even though it didn't work out well with ST.

Bubba's Bruisers

I suppose a dumb question, but who's PJ?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

TX HOG

Quote from: redeye on September 20, 2014, 08:30:52 pm
I agree, even though it didn't work out well with ST.

Right. But ST didn't have to be quiet, he was always going out of state. But yes, he was apparently very hard to read as well.

redeye

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HogPound

Have to admit. This is funny.

Airforcehawg

Very good news on J. Barnett. Mr. Davenport, who was his host?

forrest city joe

Very good news Richard. i think it will be a long recruiting process. but we have a shot. MAYBE A SMALL CHANCE, BUT A CHANCE.

AugustaHog

No need to be rude yraciv.  Sometimes we have kids standing on their chairs calling the hogs at these dinners. This seems like a pretty big deal to me.  Clearly it means nothing until they sign a loi.  Don't rain on everyone else's parade who is interested in any small insight to how this HUGE weekend is going.  Barnett is a massive recruit and Graham is an impact player.  We need both of em.

Speedracer

I didn't think we'd get Kirkland or Wallace so I think this staff has a puncher's chance
Like smites bother me.

yraciv

Quote from: AugustaHog on September 20, 2014, 11:30:32 pm
No need to be rude yraciv.  Sometimes we have kids standing on their chairs calling the hogs at these dinners. This seems like a pretty big deal to me.  Clearly it means nothing until they sign a loi.  Don't rain on everyone else's parade who is interested in any small insight to how this HUGE weekend is going.  Barnett is a massive recruit and Graham is an impact player.  We need both of em.

Sorry if you took my post to be offensive, that was not the intent.  It appears you weren't the only one.  It just reminded me of those is the game on tv threads.  You are always going to get the same answer, and RD is always going to get you an update on Sunday.

mhuff

Quote from: AugustaHog on September 20, 2014, 11:30:32 pm

I guess it's just how it reads. Some things need to be said and some don't. I took it as negative...... However, the season and recruitting is going well. I am never going to refer to a positive report as a mundane event. Probably didn't hear yourself. Fifty lashes with a wet noodle. ;)

VBMark

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 20, 2014, 11:23:20 pm
Very good news Richard. i think it will be a long recruiting process. but we have a shot. MAYBE A SMALL CHANCE, BUT A CHANCE.

Jalin was in the stands wearing an Arkansas Razorbacks Nike shirt. He was throughly enjoying his time.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

yraciv

Quote from: mhuff on September 21, 2014, 04:40:01 pm
I guess it's just how it reads. Some things need to be said and some don't. I took it as negative...... However, the season and recruitting is going well. I am never going to refer to a positive report as a mundane event. Probably didn't hear yourself. Fifty lashes with a wet noodle. ;)

Yeah. I am very pro how we are recruiting and the Catfish Hole experience. Again my apologies.

mhuff

[quote author=yraciv link=topic=575244.msg9208214#msg9208214 :razorback: :razorback:
Forget it. You obviously didn't realize the negative connotation. You don't have a history of that. Just let me know and I will censor everything for you.  ;)  :razorback:

I am just envious of those who go there. I had a trip planned and it fell through. To me it would be a happening. Chills have run up and down my spine more than once when we call the HOGS. WPS

+1

AugustaHog

No worries man.  All is good in Hogland!  We are winning on the field and recruiting great!  Beat those Aggies!

gchamblee

Quote from: yraciv on September 20, 2014, 05:30:47 pm
I believe I had a valid point, and more importantly I didn't put down the catfish hole or our fans like that other garbage post.  Just like Richard says every weekend, wait until Sunday.  The only thing you'll see on Friday when only a few of our visitor's have arrived yet are the occasional picture and tweets about great catfish and a good environment.  It's literally the same story every week!  Not that that is a bad thing.

When fans stop being excited about the recruiting process and stop participating, the recruiting process will be less exciting for the recruits. Being critical of a fan base, that properly participates in the process, for their enthusiasm seems a bit trollish to me. As a fan I am proud of how well the hog fan base represents themselves at events like the catfish hole, and fully understand asking about the latest event with anticipation of great news.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: srwhogs1 on September 20, 2014, 02:22:54 pm
What time do they host this at The Catfish Hole? we're coming back home vs bama and want to be there for the Friday night recruit dinner..

Call The Catfish Hole several days in advance and make your reservations for that Friday night when the Hogs are hosting recruits on official visits.  Pat will tell you they don't try to run the customers in and out on that side of the restaurant.  They'd like you to come around 6:00 +/- and plan on staying as long as you'd like to take part in the festivities.   Last Friday the recruits and their families started arriving just before 7:00.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.