Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dominance in Dallas - Does the streak continue?

Started by twistitup, September 19, 2014, 11:07:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Do we keep the winning streak going at Jerry's World this year?

Yes
No
It's not about winning as long as we are good sports

twistitup

I say we continue to defeat them in Dallas - it's in their heads at this point.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hoglady

I haven't given A&M a second thought this week.
Concerned about beating NIU.
I'm gonna come back to this thread after the game tomorrow night.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Speedracer

No, and I don't mean that as a slap against Arkansas.  Just a tip of the cap to aggie
Like smites bother me.

RunHogruN

Quote from: hoglady on September 19, 2014, 11:16:13 am

Yeah...I think the focus should be on NIU right now. Being complacent is not a good way to go about things. NIU is not a traditional power house team, but they are a live dog in this fight.
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

twistitup

Quote from: RunHogruN on September 19, 2014, 11:31:25 am
Yeah...I think the focus should be on NIU right now. Being complacent is not a good way to go about things. NIU is not a traditional power house team, but they are a live dog in this fight.

We are multitasking - we can be serious about NIU and still discuss A&M.

Believe me, we can do this.

Oklahoma Diamond Hog

I usually agree with this statement whole heartedly, but for some reason it just hit me...we are fans!! We can focus on the LSU game and it doesn't matter one bit. So don't you worry, I believe the coaches and players are focused on the right game!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: twistitup on September 19, 2014, 11:35:39 am

Agree
Looking forward to being in fayetteville tomorrow but if we go into Dallas 3-1 like we are supposed to, Arkansas fans may take over the metroplex again.

hoglady

Yep - doesn't matter what the fans are focused on - just the players.
But I want to see us play tomorrow before voting in the poll.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: Oklahoma Diamond Hog on September 19, 2014, 11:42:09 am
I usually agree with this statement whole heartedly, but for some reason it just hit me...we are fans!! We can focus on the LSU game and it doesn't matter one bit. So don't you worry, I believe the coaches and players are focused on the right game!

I know.
I just haven't even thought about the A&M game, yet.

Delicious~Dreams

Boston RedHogs

^Exactly this!!

If we're going to talk streaks, how about ending NIUs road and non-conf winning streak.  I would take that and be very happy with it.

jgphillips3

If we win convincingly tomorrow, I think we will roll to the metroplex believing and give A&M all they can handle.  Beating them will depend a lot on which Aggies team shows up.  However, we need to play perfect, mistake free football if we want to win.  We can't count on them to make the mistakes Tech did.

DLUXHOG

•   We have owned TAMU, good years & bad years to the tune of  46-21-3
         throughout our history....
•   We have owned TAMU in JerryWorld to the tune of 3 win – 0 losses..
•   It's been 50 years...
•   The game is being played in a former, native Arkansawyers home, NFL
         stadium, arguably the finest NFL stadium in the world... it is the Hogs home
         away from home....
•   The owner of that stadium played on Arkansas only national championship
         team 50 years ago...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

MB Hog

I'm focusing on UAB myself.  OK, not really.  But I don't think it is going to hurt the team's focus if we talk a little about A&M.

And yes, I think we will beat them again in Dallas.

demonHOG1013

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 19, 2014, 12:32:27 pm

•   We have owned TAMU, good years & bad years to the tune of  46-21-3
         throughout our history....
•   We have owned TAMU in JerryWorld to the tune of 3 win – 0 losses..
•   It's been 50 years...
•   The game is being played in a former, native Arkansawyers home, NFL
         stadium, arguably the finest NFL stadium in the world... it is the Hogs home
         away from home....
•   The owner of that stadium played on Arkansas only national championship
         team 50 years ago...

All things that have no bearing on the game next Sat.  If we dont tackle better it will be tough.  If we keep improving on defense over the next week, we will win.  Their defense wont stop us.

1highhog

If we take care of bidness like we should tomorrow evening, then I'll vote in the poll.  But I'll at least comment on the Aggies, it all depends on which team they bring to Dallas, if they bring the one that played Rice, then I think we'll beat them.  It has nothing to do with playing in Jerry's World, it's all about this team and the way they feed off of each other, they put the ea in TEAM.  They've played as well as a complete unit Offense and Defense as I seen from a Razorback squad has in a long time.  Will they suffer some bruises along the way, probably so, they're young.  But for those that are still hitched to the wagons of previous Coaches or long for a Coach that will never come here to be the Head Hog, there's still time to jump on Board this wagon and get behind this team and this Coaching staff, we've never had as good a recruiting and Coaching staff as we do now in the modern age of Football.  Good times are ahead.

lumphog

+1 Twist...that's good & you have good taste in music. She's HOT & that accent . . . .

ShadowTheHedgehog

IMO unless you ARE PLAYING/COACHING, it is OK to think about future games.

elksnort

I myself an concerned with just UNI until tomorrow night around 10 p.m., but I will come out of my non multi tasking shell and comment.

Looking at A&M's schedule thus far, they have not played a very good running yet (Yes, I am including South Carolina, because the Cocks sucked in the running game that game).

They might stuff or slow down our running game. I don't know? But their defense has yet to encounter what we have to offer in the running game.
The better our secondary tackles in space, the better I like our chances to give A&M all they want.

pigbacon

Said yes, but it's really a toss up in my mind. A&M is capitalizing on the UT downturn and the SEC/Johnny Manziel/Kenny Hill hype and they will win a few in the remainder of the Jerry World agreement.

HogFanatic

I voted yes, but just because I'm a homer. In reality, this game is extremely tough to gauge at this point.

IF Arkansas comes out an dominates NIU tomorrow night like I think they will, then I will like our chances a whole lot more. It is tough for those vaunted offenses to score points when they're never on the field. When Aggies ARE on the field, Arkansas is going to have a tough time with their receivers. They are tall, fast, and extremely well coached.

It will play out much like the Auburn game IMO. Arkansas just has to play a complete ball game this time, and I think they will be able to do that. Highly doubtful the coaches get trapped in an elevator at half-time in Jerry World.

Arkansas will be capable of winning the A&M game, and if they do...oh boy. Look out SEC. Arkansas is a legit contender just like that.

Wayne Watson

+1
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

onebadrubi

Unfortunately, neither staff or team has anyone that played in the 3-0 games.  So I think it is 0-0, we will have to control the ball, get to hill and get a pick or two on him, and run the ball well.  I believe it will be the first game that Brandon will be forced to throw for 200 and we run for 200 to win.  (Sure we needed that in every game last year but it was just unrealistic).  Also having our Offensive and Deffensive rotations set and ready to rotate while playing their fast paste offense. 

The homer in me voted yes. 

TheGreatHogsby

rzrbackramsfan

I definitely wouldn't put money on arkansas but did vote yes on this poll.

twistitup

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 19, 2014, 07:27:02 pm
I definitely wouldn't put money on arkansas but did vote yes on this poll.

With even Karma #'s like that, I would suggest placing a wager

fakebobholt

Unfortunatly reality sets in starting back up SEC play. Cupcakes have clouded the judgment of many.

SPAL

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on September 19, 2014, 12:52:26 pm
IMO unless you ARE PLAYING/COACHING, it is OK to think about future games.

Of course it is... I never did understand this "can't look ahead" mentality, as if doing so has any effect on the team.

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Atta girl!  Walking requires one step after the other...  +1!

TexomaRazorback

I said yes at this time, but my real answer depends on the outcome of the next two games.

BENTON PIGGEE

Not gonna do it.

Wouldn't be prudent.

threeNout

I want to see the retractable roof open, and Dan Skipper lowered onto the playing field by 4 huge helicopters (think Pacific Rim) with "Rock You Like A Hurricane" blasting.

if A&M is still willing to play the game after that point, it's their funeral.

threeNout

Quote from: TexomaRazorback on September 19, 2014, 09:31:25 pm
I said yes at this time, but my real answer depends on the outcome of the next two games.

smart

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: threeNout on September 19, 2014, 09:53:22 pm
I want to see the retractable roof open, and Dan Skipper lowered onto the playing field by 4 huge helicopters (think Pacific Rim) with "Rock You Like A Hurricane" blasting.

if A&M is still willing to play the game after that point, it's their funeral.

That would be hilarious to see. I voted yes as well.
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

Hogcephus

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 19, 2014, 06:45:32 pm
Unfortunately, neither staff or team has anyone that played in the 3-0 games.  So I think it is 0-0, we will have to control the ball, get to hill and get a pick or two on him, and run the ball well.  I believe it will be the first game that Brandon will be forced to throw for 200 and we run for 200 to win.  (Sure we needed that in every game last year but it was just unrealistic).  Also having our Offensive and Deffensive rotations set and ready to rotate while playing their fast paste offense. 

The homer in me voted yes.

Did Flowers play in the game there as a freshman?

clew

Quote from: Speedracer on September 19, 2014, 11:28:13 am
No Yes, and I don't mean that as a slap against Arkansas aggie.  Just a tip of the cap to aggie the RAZORBACKS :razorback:
FIFY
Pure as the dawn

twistitup

Now that NIU game is behind us, let's discuss our dominance in Dallas

Tusks

same game plan as tech but this one will be a knock down dirty fight.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hook 'em Hogs

I voted no. We're just not on their level yet. I don't expect a blowout, but I don't expect us to win. I'm thinking 42-31 or something. I seriously hope I'm wrong! 

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Based on the votes, hogville will be in full retard mode come saturday night and they will be asking for Beliemas head.