Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I know this is early but recruiting is heating up

Started by RAZORHOGG15, September 19, 2014, 12:21:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RAZORHOGG15

What positions need filled and who do you want to fill them. 
I will go first, I am making no assumptions and will not use anyone that is already committed.

Offense:
RB. Jacques Patrick  Orlando fl or Reggie Gallaspy Greensboro NC
TE. Will Gragg Dumas AR
WR La'michael Pettway Nashville AR. ( just to take everyone in ar)
OL Josh Allen Jacksonville FL
OL Jalin Barnett Lawton OK

Defense:
LB Derrick Graham Wauchula FL
LB Porter Gustin Salem UT
CB Sheldrick Redwine Miami FL
CB Deshawn Raymond Metaire LA
S Kahlil Haughton Waco TX

2 open spots for the best available players.

There are different players that I hope to flip but I will stay with uncommitted players
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

WBC Hog

Offense

RB Patrick Carr
WR LaMichael Pettway
TE Will Gragg
OL Jalin Barnett
OL Pat Allen

Defense
DE Reggie Walker
LB Derrick Graham
LB Kendrick Jackson
LB Jordon Williams
DB DeShawn Raymond
DB Kahlil Haughton
DB Kylan Johnson

redeye

I forget about Josh Allen counting in 2015, so I guess we have 14 commits already.

FBREW000

Looking forward to Allen too...

We are looking pretty good for such a dismal past couple of years, a few more wins and BOOM! 

870piggy

I see you have Porter Gustin on there...I really dont think we have a shot..He is a dream recruit..But i just wish he would come down to Fayetteville for a game and let us roll out the red carpet so we can atleast say we gave it our best shot!

ricepig

Seebs

Like your lists - if one defensive fellow does not work out, perhaps Dre Greenlaw gets the call.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RazorPiggie

Jacques Patrick - Haven't heard this guys name with Arkansas. So I don't think that is going to happen.

Don't think Gustin is seriously considering us. Maybe just letting us talk to him because his dad knows Chaney.

Cure

Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

alwaysnextyear

The_Iceman

We really need to add another solid Offensive Tackle. We are looking good at Center and OG, but we really need a Tackle because we are losing Cook this year and probably Skipper next year. Brian Wallace will fill one side, Ragnow could move to Tackle if needed, but we need more depth there.

31to6

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on September 19, 2014, 12:21:28 am
I will go first, I am making no assumptions and will not use anyone that is already committed.

Offense:
TE. Will Gragg Dumas AR
OL Josh Allen Jacksonville FL

Defense:

There are different players that I hope to flip but I will stay with uncommitted players
There are a (very) few spots to fill on offense, but where we really need to bring in some talent to make this a great class is on the defensive side of the ball.

Bubba's Bruisers

RB   Higdon or Gallaspy
WR  Pettway
TE   Gragg
OT   Howell or Williams *
OG  Barnett

DE/LB  Walker
LB   Graham
CB   Raymond or Redwine
S    Haughton
S    Sotolongo
S    Johnson  (might be a LB)

*As much as we all want Barnett and assume Allen is already ours (both OG's), I think we really NEED another OT.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Dominicanhog

Quote from: 870piggy on September 19, 2014, 03:12:44 am
I see you have Porter Gustin on there...I really dont think we have a shot..He is a dream recruit..But i just wish he would come down to Fayetteville for a game and let us roll out the red carpet so we can atleast say we gave it our best shot!

yep... :razorback:

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

alwaysnextyear

LB and S recruiting is looking frightening. Walker is purely a DE. Cue the secret visitor Lb and S threads. We can't have reaches anymore. In the first class with CBB we had a few and I think you'll start to see them transfer out in the spring. Last class was much better.

ARtillahog

I feel the same way.  Everything seems to point to USC-w for him.

The_Iceman

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on September 19, 2014, 09:15:24 am
LB and S recruiting is looking frightening. Walker is purely a DE. Cue the secret visitor Lb and S threads. We can't have reaches anymore. In the first class with CBB we had a few and I think you'll start to see them transfer out in the spring. Last class was much better.

Derrick Graham looks like he may be locked up this weekend. 6'4" 225 LB. Remember, we did take 3 LB's last year in Hackett, Eugene, and Ramsey...with Brooks Ellis only being a Sophomore right now.

The_Iceman

Yeah, don't see that happening either.

http://247sports.com/Player/Porter-Gustin-55673

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2780689/highlights/99253383

immahog

I really like sheldrick redwine whats our chance on him?   an can we pull Deshawn raymond from LSU ????
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

RazorPiggie

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on September 19, 2014, 09:15:24 am

Like who? DJ Dean has been playing fairly solid for us. Coley redshirted last year but you heard nothing but good things from practice about the kid (only a RSFreshman this year and we have 2 SRs starting at our Safety positions this year so he's just buying his time). Hartfield already left. Coleman has been playing for us. Marks was and still is a project at a position that needed depth. I think by the time all these guys (minus Coleman since he is a SR) are Jrs they will be giving us good minutes.

Wildhog

Obviously a lot can change, but at this exact moment I think this would be a reasonable finish:

Offense:
TE: Will Gragg
WR: Lamichael Pettway
RB: Patrick Carr/Karan Higdon/Reggie Gallaspy
OT: Tyler Howell
OG: Jalin Barnett
OG: Josh Allen

Defense:
DL: Malik Manciel (if we offer)
DE/LB: Reggie Walker
LB: Derrick Graham
DB: Antonyo Sotolongo
DB: Kylan Johnson
DB: Sheldrick Redwine

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Going out on a limb, I think we might try to convince another OL to possibly grey shirt.

Cameron Davis of Bryant comes to mind.

Also curious to see if Dre Greenlaw ever gets his offer.
1909/1964/1965/1977

MS_HogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on September 19, 2014, 10:51:09 am
Obviously a lot can change, but at this exact moment I think this would be a reasonable finish:

Offense:
TE: Will Gragg
WR: Lamichael Pettway
RB: Patrick Carr/Karan Higdon/Reggie Gallaspy
OT: Tyler Howell
OG: Jalin Barnett
OG: Josh Allen

Defense:
DL: Malik Manciel (if we offer)
DE/LB: Reggie Walker
LB: Derrick Graham
DB: Antonyo Sotolongo
DB: Kylan Johnson
DB: Sheldrick Redwine

If they only bring in 1 true LB they must feel ok about the position. I'm not so sure. We will only have 5 scholarship LB next year. Ellis, Williams, Hackett, Ramsey & Eugene

We have Heller, Harris and Smith as walkons. Does anyone know how they are doing?

I know our secondary isn't great but at least we have bodies. If a couple of LBs get hurt we will not even be able to have a 2 deep.
SOOIE

Wildhog

Quote from: MS_HogFan on September 19, 2014, 11:18:35 am
If they only bring in 1 true LB they must feel ok about the position. I'm not so sure. We will only have 5 scholarship LB next year. Ellis, Williams, Hackett, Ramsey & Eugene

We have Heller, Harris and Smith as walkons. Does anyone know how they are doing?

I know our secondary isn't great but at least we have bodies. If a couple of LBs get hurt we will not even be able to have a 2 deep.

I'm thinking Walker ends up at LB.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Maybe replace one of those DB's or Manciel with LB Kendrick Jackson of Haynesville, LA.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

RAZORHOGG15

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 19, 2014, 07:48:54 am
Jacques Patrick - Haven't heard this guys name with Arkansas. So I don't think that is going to happen.

Don't think Gustin is seriously considering us. Maybe just letting us talk to him because his dad knows Chaney.

I don't think we have a shot at either guy but that is why they call it a wish list.  I love the way Patrick runs and he is a big body that can break tackles and move a pile. 
Gustin seems to have a nose for the ball but like you said May just be playing nice.

RAZORHOGG15

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 19, 2014, 08:40:03 am
We really need to add another solid Offensive Tackle. We are looking good at Center and OG, but we really need a Tackle because we are losing Cook this year and probably Skipper next year. Brian Wallace will fill one side, Ragnow could move to Tackle if needed, but we need more depth there.

I hear what you are saying with depth at the tackle position but I truly believe ragnow moves out to tackle over the next couple of years.  I don't know that he is a true center but is too good to not play at all. 

WBC Hog

Quote from: Cure on September 19, 2014, 07:56:14 am
Jeremiah Dinson.

I remember the name but that's it. I saw on twitter this morning where Dinson would be taking an official visit to see the Hogs in person.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MS_HogFan on September 19, 2014, 11:18:35 am

I  think we take Williams, Graham and Jackson at LB for this very reason...

onebadrubi

We should be taking 3 LB's and 4 DB's every year, if not more.  Until we solidify the play at those positions with a redshirt in waiting, we will have to continue bringing the numbers in. 

Wildhog

Ellis
Williams
Hackett
Eugene
Ramsey

...Those are our LB's for next year. 

Our recruiting pitch could be very simple.  "Come to Arkansas.  Play in the SEC.  Make the two deep BY DEFAULT your freshman year."
1909/1964/1965/1977

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 19, 2014, 11:35:29 am
We honestly done have room for him at DE.
Wow. Yeah because we're running out elite pass rushers in waves. Give me a break. Lewis has fallen out of favor and can't put on weight. Winston has begun to play inside. Wise hasn't flashed this season when he was declared a "beast" before last season. Beanum looks like he will be adequate. Flowers is graduating. Brown is bigger than anticipated. If he keeps growing he won't stick at DE. We have PLENTY of room for a good DE and that is what Walker will play.

Wildhog

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on September 19, 2014, 02:06:53 pm
Wow. Yeah because we're running out elite pass rushers in waves. Give me a break. Lewis has fallen out of favor and can't put on weight. Winston has begun to play inside. Wise hasn't flashed this season when he was declared a "beast" before last season. Beanum looks like he will be adequate. Flowers is graduating. Brown is bigger than anticipated. If he keeps growing he won't stick at DE. We have PLENTY of room for a good DE and that is what Walker will play.

Unless he's a LB.  Wouldn't be surprised either way.
1909/1964/1965/1977

alwaysnextyear

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

RAZORHOGG15

Offense:
TE. Will Gragg Dumas AR committed
OL Josh Allen Jacksonville FL committed

Defense:

2 down with 10 to go. 
I went back and watched Patrick Carr and nyheim Hines and would be more than happy with either of them as our running backs also

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

I don't see us getting another RB in this class. I see 1DT, 2LB, 2S, 2CB, 2OL and Pettway.   We may have to pick between D Stewart or Pettway for final spot.  That's if the staff look at both playing WR. 

RAZORHOGG15

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on October 01, 2014, 11:55:05 pm
I don't see us getting another RB in this class. I see 1DT, 2LB, 2S, 2CB, 2OL and Pettway.   We may have to pick between D Stewart or Pettway for final spot.  That's if the staff look at both playing WR.
You may very we'll be right it is just hard to believe with our running game there are not some big time running backs running over each other to play for us.  Win a few of these close ones and I expect the flood gates may open

Steef

Agree with this. Except...I keep hearing Reed is ahead of Pettway on coach's board.

alwaysnextyear

4 and 5 star backs should be running to Fayetteville. We need to reload quickly. Collins and Williams are gone after next season.

The_Bionic_Pig

Reed & Pettway it's not a either or situation now If we only manage to land (1) the other will be used for Defense.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Wildhog

Absolutely no chance that Stewart's offer isn't safe.  Can't do that with in-state kids.

Maybe you meant Reed instead of Stewart?
1909/1964/1965/1977

VBMark

I'm pretty sure Pettaway doesn't have a commitable offer at this time. I think he is on hold pending how our other offensive targets work out.

I think RD even mentioned that we are really tight on the offensive side of the ball.

Pettaway lost his chance to commit without caveats when he pledged Ole Miss. Now, he has to play waiting game. A game that he wouldn't get a chance to play, if he still wanted to be a black bear.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Early???   Mid September is late, very late in the recruiting cycle these days.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Hawg_Thai'd

I have a few observational comments for this thread as it applies to different recruits, but here is a few things I have noticed:

First off, Reed was mentioned in one or two of RD's articles, but the only talk I have heard his name come up recently was here on Hogville. Now, I ask this question out of sincere honesty and do not want to come across as bashing or slanderous, but here it is: Does D. Reed have the right attitude for Coach's program? I have seen some comments suggesting that when he was in HS he MAY have had a "me first" attitude. Then I see where he sat out a year in JUCO. It didn't sound as if it were a need for development either. So is he a "fit" for what we are building here? Also, he is only going to have 2 years to play where it may take 1 just to grow into the system. Hollister is a good WR, but it will be next year before he breaks out then he is gone. Spaight was ok last year, doing great this year and gone next. So even if Reed is good to go, do we use up a spot for that situation? I wouldn't, but I can't predict what his out put would be.

Pettway committed to Ole Miss, something happened and he decommitted and now seems to be all Hogs if given the chance. Did he ever have that chance to commit like D. Stewart got? If he did and now may have to wait until the end to see what shakes out, that sucks for him. I would hate to lose two opportunities (UA and OM) and uncertain what the future would bring.

I think the staff is really going to concentrate on the defensive side of the ball. Raymond would be a great one to have. I want Haughton. I think he could be another Toliver. I know K. Jackson committed to AZ, but is he still open to coming here? He could turn out to be a good one, too. Wouldn't it be grand if Coach spoke some magic words to Gustin and we became an interest for him? I don't think Coach would be wasting his time if there was not a chance with him. He is just too busy to waste his time like that. Something is going on there. Let's keep our ears open on that situation.

Finally, when the smoke clears in Feb. we are going to have one hell of class to sign. Coach is going to get what he needs. And the quality is going up each year. I ain't worried about what 247 or Rivals thinks. I want the coaching staff to be pleased with the outcome. It there schemes and they need guys to be able to perform. Future is bright, fellers. Can't wait to see the results. Woo Pig!!
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

RAZORHOGG15

Offense:
TE. Will Gragg Dumas AR. Committed
WR La'michael Pettway  need help in the passing game
OL Josh Allen Jacksonville FL committed

Defense:

Let's get this going again