Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seems like a good time

Started by Overtheroadtruckdriver, September 18, 2014, 05:11:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Overtheroadtruckdriver

For all the folks who doubted cbb to come forward and admit they were wrong and get on this year's bandwagon.

Even I had my doubts last year but never completely lost faith.

Post here if you want to admit you were wrong or to pour salt in the wound of those who doubted us.

wupigsuey

What if i was wrong but dont wanna admit it?
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

AloRaptor

Nothing good is gonna come from this thread. That is if it is allowed to stay up.  :razorback:

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: wupigsuey on September 18, 2014, 05:12:52 pm

You have been absolved, son.  This thread is about goodness and healing and an ever growing bandwagon.  This team is going to do some big things this year.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: OTR on September 18, 2014, 05:11:38 pm
For all the folks who doubted cbb to come forward and admit they were wrong and get on this year's bandwagon.

Post here if you want to admit you were wrong or to pour salt in the wound of those who doubted us.

I would suggest that as a big time fan of Bielema, while we are off to a good start and I love what I am seeing, it isn't over til it's over, and it may not be time to start saying "I told you so", just yet.

There is plenty of time to do this when we have accomplished something of value. Right now, take it one game at a time.
Go Hogs Go!

Cresthog

How about we win a SEC game first?

When was our last SEC win? I can't even remember it's been so long.

Hoggish1

Man up, even though it hurts.  It's the right thing to do.

Tejas_Pete

Maybe wait till he wins an SEC game. Reminds me of when FCJ annointed Pel as the new Coach K after we beat Oklahoma only to turn on him a few weeks later.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 18, 2014, 06:05:06 pm

Good work hoggish.  Good work.

Got a few Johnny come latelys trying to slow down the bandwagon. With all due respect to other posters in this thread, now IS the time to start talking it up.

lrcentral

Quote from: OTR on September 18, 2014, 06:09:38 pm

Got a few Johnny come latelys trying to slow down the bandwagon. With all due respect to other posters in this thread, now IS the time to start talking it up.

Good idea. It is better start talking it up now before the loses start mounting up again.

Theolesnort

So you like counting chickens before they hatch do you? Some of us stayed the course all the way and are not doing any braggin about it. Really there is no reason to unless you are having a guilt trip about staying the course completely.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

wupigsuey

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 18, 2014, 06:05:06 pm

Right on. Ive been a Bielemer all along. Just wanted to see if there was forgiveness in the heart of otr.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

wupigsuey

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 18, 2014, 05:59:21 pm
I would suggest that as a big time fan of Bielema, while we are off to a good start and I love what I am seeing, it isn't over til it's over, and it may not be time to start saying "I told you so", just yet.

There is plenty of time to do this when we have accomplished something of value. Right now, take it one game at a time.

Gotta strike whilst the iron is hot.

GolfnHog

I'll sum it like this:

In the egg and bacon scenario of life, the chicken was involved but the Pig was committed.  I've been committed.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: lrcentral on September 18, 2014, 06:15:04 pm
Good idea. It is better start talking it up now before the loses start mounting up again.

If we win this weekend I am gonna spring for you a spellin' tutor.

twistitup

I'll admit it....I doubted the big man but I'm coming around - I like what we did to Tech.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

wupigsuey

Id rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Theolesnort on September 18, 2014, 06:21:06 pm
So you like counting chickens before they hatch do you? Some of us stayed the course all the way and are not doing any braggin about it. Really there is no reason to unless you are having a guilt trip about staying the course completely.

There is nothin' I enjoy more than countin' my chickens before they hatch.

redeye

Quote from: AloRaptor on September 18, 2014, 05:15:10 pm
Nothing good is gonna come from this thread. That is if it is allowed to stay up.  :razorback:

I agree and I've been behind CBB all along.

We don't need any "I told you so!" comments.  Just enjoy what we have going.

OTTER

Admit it privately, in a quiet place and let the feeling of relief flow.  You will feel much better.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

OTTER

Quote from: GolfnHog on September 18, 2014, 07:09:05 pm
I'll sum it like this:

In the egg and bacon scenario of life, the chicken was involved but the Pig was committed.  I've been committed.
Now that's good!  Well done!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

MountieDawg

I would be very impressed with 6 wins.... 4 would be what I expected... Not all on CBB but the competiition is ridiculous
SEC!

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 18, 2014, 08:29:46 pm
Watch out wagon. The SEC cliff is up ahead!

We've already proven the doubters wrong.  Everything else is just gravy.   A fun season lies ahead.  Jump on or jump off this bandwagon. Don't matter to me either way.  We're picking up steam right now like Dan skipper steam rolling a linebacker.

superior_wang

with all due respect,  I aint seen NUTHIN yet to crow about. WE beat heck out of a high school girls squad (Nicholls State) and a pretty  mediocre Tech team. Let's win an sec game .

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: superior_wang on September 18, 2014, 09:31:16 pm
with all due respect,  I aint seen NUTHIN yet to crow about. WE beat heck out of a high school girls squad (Nicholls State) and a pretty  mediocre Tech team. Let's win an sec game .

No room for you on the bandwagon now or in three or four weeks.  Now go on..Git out of here...git!

Pig Worshipper

This is about like a tent revival with twenty altar calls and only born-again Christians inside the Big-Top.

superior_wang

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on September 18, 2014, 09:39:01 pm
This is about like a tent revival with about twenty altar calls and only born-again Christians inside the Big-Top.
+1 .  reckon im a doubting Thomas.

Hogfan1660

Break out the chickens, rattlesnakes and moonshine then we would have a REAL tent revival!!!!

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: superior_wang on September 18, 2014, 09:40:55 pm
+1 .  reckon im a doubting Thomas.

Are you wanting on the bandwagon now?  Is that what you're driving at?

superior_wang

Quote from: OTR on September 18, 2014, 09:44:12 pm
Are you wanting on the bandwagon now?  Is that what you're driving at?

no thanks!

ill wait for that sec win......

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on September 18, 2014, 09:42:21 pm
Break out the chickens, rattlesnakes and moonshine then we would have a REAL tent revival!!!!
We might need all of those to convince the Bielema doubters.
Where's The Right Reverand when you need him?

PigTales

Party Pooper

Hogfan1660

Amen brother!!!! Speak it like you mean it!!!! Hallelujah!

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on September 18, 2014, 09:45:36 pm
We might need all of those to convince the Bielema doubters.
Where's The Right Reverand when you need him?

Asleep since 5:30 pm. 

lrcentral

Quote from: OTR on September 18, 2014, 07:34:39 pm
If we win this weekend I am gonna spring for you a spellin' tutor.

Wow, such a witty come back. Enjoy the win this week. It will be a while before the team will get another.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

September 19, 2014, 01:33:39 am #35 Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 01:47:40 am by JIMMY BOARFFETT
I've been on the band wagon since 1964.  I nearly got off during the Nutt years, but I reckon I'm on board for the long haul, regardless of how smelly and flea bitten some of the other passengers are.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Iwastherein1969

just about says it all
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

SPAL

Quote from: Tejas_Pete on September 18, 2014, 06:08:15 pm
Maybe wait till he wins an SEC game. Reminds me of when FCJ annointed Pel as the new Coach K after we beat Oklahoma only to turn on him a few weeks later.

Joe doesnt remember this.... He does admit to vomiting a lot.

Theolesnort

Quote from: superior_wang on September 18, 2014, 09:45:31 pm
no thanks!

ill wait for that sec win......
Keep doing the little things the right way and the wins will come. We have only begun the journey with baby steps and there will be a bump in the road every now and then but ready or not the journey begins.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: GolfnHog on September 18, 2014, 07:09:05 pm
I'll sum it like this:

Lol
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hog911

Keep something in mind, If people are getting on here and complaining they still care about the program and have not jumped off board yet! By the way, when did becoming blindly optimistic all the time become a requirement for being a razorback fan? Geez people, we beat a team that couldn't stop Bentonville HS from running the ball, that doesn't all of a sudden make us elite in the SEC!!!!! I even though we would win that game!!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hog911 on September 19, 2014, 06:12:19 am
Keep something in mind, If people are getting on here and complaining they still care about the program and have not jumped off board yet! By the way, when did becoming blindly optimistic all the time become a requirement for being a razorback fan? Geez people, we beat a team that couldn't stop Bentonville HS from running the ball, that doesn't all of a sudden make us elite in the SEC!!!!! I even though we would win that game!!!!

Yet you thought enough of TT's abilities to predict that the Hogs would only beat them 28-24. Now they are a team that couldn't stop Bentonville HS? Oh, the extremes that we go to in order to make a point.

I too feel that we need to just wait and see how this all plays out. We are improved, no doubt about that. I'm encouraged by what I see in terms of execution, regardless of the opponent. We are doing a lot of the things that you have to do right, more often, and that is all good.

Still, I think it is too early to get too overly zealous in our assumption that they Hogs are ready to challenge the SEC pecking order. We will win some, we will lose some. But, I think the difference will be that we will be far more competitive in every game we play.
Go Hogs Go!

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: lrcentral on September 18, 2014, 11:54:16 pm
Wow, such a witty come back. Enjoy the win this week. It will be a while before the team will get another.

Your first spelling lesson is gonna be on lose and loose.  And after the lesson she's gonna give you a work sheet and if you still don't know nothing you're gonna have to wear a dunce hat ever time you get on the bandwagon.

I don't have much hope for you, though, I am sorry to say.

MJ2

I didn't think the hire was good at the time, but he was a proven winner so I hoped for the best.    Last year was terrible and I think coaching was lacking.  I'm pleasantly surprised with the strides taken this year and slowly being "recruited" to become a CBB fan.    Winning takes care of me and this year is looking much better than I expected.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: MJ2 on September 19, 2014, 09:59:24 am
I didn't think the hire was good at the time, but he was a proven winner so I hoped for the best.    Last year was terrible and I think coaching was lacking.  I'm pleasantly surprised with the strides taken this year and slowly being "recruited" to become a CBB fan.    Winning takes care of me and this year is looking much better than I expected.

There is room on the bandwagon for you but you need to sit in the back.  That way we can toss you off easily in case you revert back to your original negative thinking.

I'm gonna keep a eye on you. 

VT HOG

Auburn looked like a middle of the road SEC team last night. Tech almost lost to UCA and Nichols was the worst college team I've ever seen.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: VT HOG on September 19, 2014, 10:52:02 am
Auburn looked like a middle of the road SEC team last night. Tech almost lost to UCA and Nichols was the worst college team I've ever seen.

I am assigning you a seat by MJ2.   Right in the back.  Don't be surprised if a size 13 gently helps you off the bandwagon when I'm good and ready, which shouldn't take long as I expect your attitude to sour the minute we fumble or try a ill fated fake punt.

hoglady

No doubt the win last Saturday was Big for us.
Confidence and national perception.
I really hate the bandwagon terminology.
I guess if you've ever questioned Beliema you aren't on the bandwagon - so get on the bandwagon and never doubt him again??
I'm on the Razorback bandwagon and have been for 50 years.
Beliema took a huge step last week and I am thrilled for him, the coaching staff, the team and the fans. Beliema and his staff did a fantastic job.
Isn't that enough?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

pondwater jack

OTR....I was wrong about the big man.  I ask forrgiveness.  And for the record I'd like you to jot down who IS and who ISN'T forrgiven and who is still on the wrong side of history.  Who will not be allowed in when this train leaves the station of all the people in this thread?

J. Holly Blasingame, II
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: hoglady on September 19, 2014, 11:10:02 am
No doubt the win last Saturday was Big for us.
Confidence and national perception.
I really hate the bandwagon terminology.
I guess if you've ever questioned Beliema you aren't on the bandwagon - so get on the bandwagon and never doubt him again??
I'm on the Razorback bandwagon and have been for 50 years.
Beliema took a huge step last week and I am thrilled for him, the coaching staff, the team and the fans. Beliema and his staff did a fantastic job.
Isn't that enough?

All these big words give me ever reason to put you on my level 4 watch list.  I think you're on my side but I'm not sure until I get out the dictionary.  Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt knowing I may soon regret it.

This IS a bandwagon whether we like the terminology or not.