Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carr update

Started by The Recruiting Guy, September 18, 2014, 10:13:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LJHOG

"Running back Patrick Carr, who's high on Arkansas' wish list, liked what he saw in the Hogs' 49-28 victory over Texas Tech."

Me too.  Personally, from looking at our OL and future OL I think he should come on up and get him some of these yards.

Music City Hog

I'd love to know the coaches order of preference of these RBs:

Karan Higdon, Reggie Gallaspy, Patrick Carr, and Charles West.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Music City Hog on September 18, 2014, 12:05:20 pm

i'd go Gallaspy 1
                          ... then the others.
                Not sure where Rawleigh Williams would go on that list but the kid been lighting it up !
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 18, 2014, 10:13:11 am
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/sep/18/texas-rb-impressed-hogs-running-game/
While I totally understand and appreciate his desire and need to be totally sure of his college decision, I have a strong feeling that WHOEVER decides to be the second RB commit of this coming class had better pull the trigger fairly soon. With the kind of attention that the running game is getting nationally I can guarantee you there are other highly regarded kids looking to fill that slot.

IBleedRazorbackRed

First one to say yes probably

BatesvilleHOG

All greats backs who will fit in well here. I honestly like to see Gallaspy pull the trigger. West and Carr remind me of JWill's high school tape. Higdon is a freak.

redeye

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on September 18, 2014, 12:56:32 pm
First one to say yes probably

Richard hinted that it could be Carr last night.

ArkRazr

QuoteRunning back Patrick Carr, who's high on Arkansas' wish list, liked what he saw in the Hogs' 49-28 victory over Texas Tech."
QuoteHe has a best time of 10.57 seconds in the 100 meters and is also looking to run track in college.

Arkansas is the perfect place my friend

RunHogruN

Question. Who would you guys take out of the lot of RBs we are recruiting? Just curious.

It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

SemperFi

Quote from: RunHogruN on September 18, 2014, 03:50:17 pm
Question. Who would you guys take out of the lot of RBs we are recruiting? Just curious.

Gallaspy is my top pick. This kid is SEC ready. We can't go wrong with any on that list, but Gallaspy stands out to me.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

greenie

If things keep going like it has recently on the OL recruiting front, we're going to have lots of RBs in the future with great numbers.  Kind of like Wisky did a few years back.   ;)

Oklahawg

Great question.

I have been of the mindset, through the preseason for sure, that we'd need 3 RBs this class. The performance of Walker and Duwop makes me wonder if we stop at 2.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: SemperFi on September 18, 2014, 05:17:42 pm
Gallaspy is my top pick. This kid is SEC ready. We can't go wrong with any on that list, but Gallaspy stands out to me.

I second that. Sick stats so far this season

hawgwash

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 18, 2014, 05:33:01 pm
Great question.

I have been of the mindset, through the preseason for sure, that we'd need 3 RBs this class. The performance of Walker and Duwop makes me wonder if we stop at 2.
With as many tight ends as we've taken, and one more expected, plus we need at least one and probably 2 more OL, and we are apparently looking at 1 or even 2 more WRs, I can't see how we would take 3 RBs.  We need to get more on the other side of the ball.

MissippHog

Quote from: RunHogruN on September 18, 2014, 03:50:17 pm
That's tough.  My preference would be:
1a. Williams III
1b. Gallaspy
2. Carr
3. West
4. Higdon

I would be happy with any of them, but Williams and Gallaspy are my favs.

Hawgzinbowlz

The theme, that playing TT will do little to help our Texas recruiting, doesn't appear accurate. Texas and the nation watched our demolition act on Saturday.
Last Saturday helped with Mr. Carr and others in Texas and elsewhere.

" GO HOGS "

East TN HAWG

Won't matter if Barnett commits.  All of them would look like a superstars, and they would not be touched until after the first five yards or so.