Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeremiah Ledbetter commits to Hogs

Started by jjdlc, September 17, 2014, 07:28:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 17, 2014, 08:12:04 pm
Time to bring in the back 7 players...Walker, Graham, Haughton, etc...

Also this.  Secure Gragg on Tuesday. Take Pettway, the first of the RB to commit. One more OL (hopefully Barnett) and then nothing but back 7

Music City Hog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on September 17, 2014, 08:06:40 pm
If anyone cares, this moves the Hogs up to #22 on 24/7

Will be #19 on Tuesday after Gragg commits, pending what happens with other schools between now and then. 

COCHISE

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on September 17, 2014, 08:13:55 pm
This has to be the best recruiting staff the Hogs have ever had.
I don't recall us ever getting kids with they type of offers as the kids we're getting now have. This staff is going toe to toe with the "big boys" and winning their fair share. They're also answering the question, "Can you recruit top talent to Arkansas?"...looks like you can.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Music City Hog on September 17, 2014, 08:21:28 pm
Also this.  Secure Gragg on Tuesday. Take Pettway, the first of the RB to commit. One more OL (hopefully Barnett) and then nothing but back 7

Really need an OT...maybe Howell.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Music City Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 17, 2014, 08:27:40 pm
Really need an OT...maybe Howell.

Ok, I can go with an OT. We are a little interior line heavy.  You think JUCO is the route for OT?

TMc

Quote from: Music City Hog on September 17, 2014, 08:33:35 pm
Ok, I can go with an OT. We are a little interior line heavy.  You think JUCO is the route for OT?

If you get Howell it is

BentonvilleJeff

Boarcephus

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on September 17, 2014, 07:43:57 pm
Nice offer list

Georgia
ok state
Miami
Florida

Goes back to what Frank said....who else wants them?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

870piggy

The best part about this commit is that he will be an early enrollee...That means 8 months with herb before the season starts WPS!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on September 17, 2014, 07:39:29 pm
Wonder who they are getting him to fill in for since he is a C.C transfer. Do you guys think its to replace someone we are losing or just improvements.

Building DL depth, but specifically, I bet he's seen as replacement for Flowers.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The Boar War

Nice pickup.  Love to see the line being solidified.

jjdlc

The writing is on the wall for Muschamp at Florida, I'm sure our coaches pointed that out.

Pigsear

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 17, 2014, 07:50:29 pm
BOOM! Hog fans this is just unreal. this guy has a great offer list. and we are now beating schools like Florida and UGA of defensive Linemen. we now have 4 D-Linemen commits. and all of them have the talent to be big time players. the OL and the DL. it's happening right before our eyes guys. GO HOGS.

Fun watching it all come together ain't it Joe. WPS

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

hawgaddict

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 17, 2014, 07:50:29 pm
BOOM! Hog fans this is just unreal. this guy has a great offer list. and we are now beating schools like Florida and UGA of defensive Linemen. we now have 4 D-Linemen commits. and all of them have the talent to be big time players. the OL and the DL. it's happening right before our eyes guys. GO HOGS.

Not to mention coming off a few very bad seasons in the W/L column. If they can get this kinda talent after losing seasons, I cant wait to see what players we bring in after we really get things rolling. This staff is doing a Hell of a job in recruiting and its only going to improve with time. Woo Pig!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 17, 2014, 09:02:27 pm
Building DL depth, but specifically, I bet he's seen as replacement for Flowers.
He is going to play DT in my opinion.

hogfreak

SamBuckhart

Welcome Mr. Ledbetter. WPS!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

CLIFFY188

What kind of talent is he playing against, he looks like a man amongst boys in his you tube clip?

TheRazorback500

Must be big news. It's blown up rivals' website..
Do you wanna get Rocked?

ldfergu

Shitchyeah!!!!!

I have been holding back from asking RD about an update on him for a couple weeks now! THIS IS AWESOME!!!

SDZ_Hog

@DannyWest1: "As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with my recruitment. Florida might try to come back, but I'm done." - New #Arkansas commit @leddy_55

WBC Hog

Quote from: ricepig on September 17, 2014, 07:29:36 pm
RD:JC DE Jeremiah Ledbetter has committed to Arkansas.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jeremiah-Ledbetter-33909?Institution=23626

Wow. That is a great offer list. Definitely excited about this guy.

We are really starting to pick up some steam on the recruiting trail. Woo pig!

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

forrest city joe

Ledbetter is a 4 star on Rivals and Scout. this is a big pick-up.

The real Hogules

He's a grown @$$ man right now!
Any chance he could enroll early?
And welcome to the Razorbacks family J.L., we're thrilled that you chose to become a Hog!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ZERO

It's funny how this moves us up to #20 on Rivals, yet #30 on Scout. 247 has us #22.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

The real Hogules

I generally have adopted the "theory" that for football it's 24/7 & Rivals. And the best basketball info comes from Scout, with 24/7 gaining ground.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Music City Hog

Quote from: ZERO on September 17, 2014, 10:00:01 pm
It's funny how this moves us up to #20 on Rivals, yet #30 on Scout. 247 has us #22.

Actually 30 on rivals as well

Huckleberry Pig

great news!  welcome to the razorback fam Mr. Ledbetter. 

We are building something great here.   :razorback:

Hollywood_HOGan45

forrest city joe

When is the last time we got 3 four star D-Linemen in a recruiting class?
1. Jeremiah Ledbetter--4 Star
2.Jamario Bell--4 Star
3.Hjalte Froholdt--4 Star
flat out unreal. this staff is killing it right now.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 17, 2014, 10:26:17 pm
2.Jamario Bell--4 Star
After Tuesday we will have 7 4 star recruits committed. Remarkable

onebadrubi

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 17, 2014, 10:26:17 pm
2.Jamario Bell--4 Star

I'd love to add one more 4 star DT and then call the DLine set! 

Music City Hog

I'm beyond impressed with this years class.  Think about this, after Tuesday, 7 of our 14 commits will be 4 stars.   Even more importantly, most of these kids have big time offers.   All this after coming off a winless SEC season.

The one caveat: most are on offense.   Ledbetter was a huge get and the DL looks awesome.  We have to now overcome our lifelong shortcoming with the back 7. 

I continue to hear national people say CBB can't compete because he's trying to play Bama and LSU without Bama and LSU players.   I'd argue we have tons of Bama and LSU players on offense.   Just go look at the offers of current players and commits, outside WR. We just have to deal with this back 7 thing now.

Looking solid so far though.  I'm impressed.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Music City Hog on September 17, 2014, 10:33:11 pm
I'm beyond impressed with this years class.  Think about this, after Tuesday, 7 of our 14 commits will be 4 stars.   Even more importantly, most of these kids have big time offers.   All this after coming off a winless SEC season.

The one caveat: most are on offense.   Ledbetter was a huge get and the DL looks awesome.  We have to now overcome our lifelong shortcoming with the back 7. 

I continue to hear national people say CBB can't compete because he's trying to play Bama and LSU without Bama and LSU players.   I'd argue we have tons of Bama and LSU players on offense.   Just go look at the offers of current players and commits, outside WR. We just have to deal with this back 7 thing now.

+1

Strong words, as I know you are a poster that is not easily impressed

Wildhog

Quote from: Music City Hog on September 17, 2014, 10:33:11 pm

Well said.  I agree.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ShadowTheHedgehog

hoglady

This has been the best week for Hog football in a long, long time.
Great win, lots of positive National press (who would have thought a win over TT could produce so much on a National scale) and really huge DL pickup.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

sooie84

Canesinsight had a thread concerning him earlier. They weren't happy when he visited. They could see the writing on the wall that he would be a hog. Lol.

1highhog

Welcome aboard Jeremiah!  Glad to have you part of Hog Nation.

lumphog

Bigtime Great Huge Get & the young players in the back 7 will SHINE. Give em time.

intelligence

This is good news. Now we need to find some more defensive players for this class. You know, cbb and co are better recruiters than given credit. His offer list was impressive. It's cool to see us winning recruiting battles against prominent programs. Wps4eva

ZERO

Quote from: Music City Hog on September 17, 2014, 10:08:01 pm
Actually 30 on rivals as well

I must have gotten them backwards, then. One has us at 20, the other 30, with 247 checking us at 22.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

ZERO

Quote from: Music City Hog on September 17, 2014, 10:33:11 pmThink about this, after Tuesday, 7 of our 14 commits will be 4 stars.   Even more importantly, most of these kids have big time offers

What happens Tuesday? Is Gragg or Barnett announcing?

RazorBassin

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ZERO on September 17, 2014, 11:29:39 pm
What happens Tuesday? Is Gragg or Barnett announcing?

Gragg is

Barnett's current plan is to take all 5 visits then decide

ZERO

It's between us and Alabama for Gragg, correct?