Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeremiah Ledbetter commits to Hogs

Started by jjdlc, September 17, 2014, 07:28:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lumphog

The NewEra

Ledbetter, Froholdt, Jackson, Wise and Philon.  That D-line is shaping up real quickly.  Who am I forgetting.

Farrestor

Taiwan Johnson has played well so far this year. Can't forget about him.
King Of DeQueen's Brilliance:
Man of the Silver Mountain - Live in Munich - 1977 - youtube it.

it eventually rolls into a slow blues jam with Dio sounding incredible.  Blackmore just eff's around most the time, dazzling as always.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: The NewEra on September 17, 2014, 11:59:11 pm
Ledbetter, Froholdt, Jackson, Wise and Philon.  That D-line is shaping up real quickly.  Who am I forgetting.

Winston, Johnson, brown, beanum, and Lewis
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

redeye

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on September 17, 2014, 07:39:29 pm
Wonder who they are getting him to fill in for since he is a C.C transfer. Do you guys think its to replace someone we are losing or just improvements.

Maybe Trey Flowers

Quote from: Wildhog on September 17, 2014, 07:46:27 pm
Lead recruiter:  Sam Pittman.  :)

It's great to see Pittman have success in the Kansas JUCOS.  Lot's of great, nearby talent we've missed out on up there and Pittman is a former HC at Hutchinson, so hopefully we'll see more.

Quote from: hogfreak on September 17, 2014, 09:17:42 pm
Any chance his brother visits

Who's his brother?

Quote from: CLIFFY188 on September 17, 2014, 09:31:03 pm
What kind of talent is he playing against, he looks like a man amongst boys in his you tube clip?

All I know is that there are some good players in Kansas JUCOS and most of them seem to either go to Oklahoma, or back home in the Southeast (i.e. Florida, Georgia, Auburn, etc.)

Don't forget Jamario Bell and Daytrieon Dean.  And if we're lucky, there's McTelvin Agim and Austin Capps next year.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: redeye on September 18, 2014, 12:43:52 am
Don't forget Jamario Bell and Daytrieon Dean.  And if we're lucky, there's McTelvin Agim and Austin Capps next year.
Capps and Agim are potential 5 star recruits in our back yard. We get these kids and there's no telling how nasty our DL would be in a few years. Definitely championship caliber...

alwaysnextyear

Capps hasn't blown up like I thought he would. Definitely won't be a 5 star. He should be a Hog barring some disaster. Three of these DL commits can play in or out. Ledbetter has more of a DE build.

rzrbk4life

Great week to be a Hog. This recruiting class is shaping up to be stellar. WPS
Let's call those hogs!!!!

RazorPiggie

Don't forget the two Jrs from Northside. Both should get strong looks at getting offers.

prattville pig

Huge, huge get!!! Almost P.C.H.G. status!
Life's too short to last long.

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: Fort Dweller on September 18, 2014, 12:19:13 am
Winston, Johnson, brown, beanum, and Lewis
Armon Watts. 6-4 280. Getting a redshirt year with Herb

Chief Mac

Quote from: Music City Hog on September 17, 2014, 10:33:11 pm
We have to now overcome our lifelong shortcoming with the back 7. 

I continue to hear national people say CBB can't compete because he's trying to play Bama and LSU without Bama and LSU players.   I'd argue we have tons of Bama and LSU players on offense.   Just go look at the offers of current players and commits, outside WR. We just have to deal with this back 7 thing now.

This has been my talking point for a while.  We have successfully recruited for two different type schemes(run based/passing based) over the past 16 years.  Offensive recruiting isn't the issue, its defense.  Back 7 recruiting has been the biggest LIMFAC to sustained success for the Hogs.  IF/WHEN this gets solved, be it by scheme adjusting to lower talent or improved recruiting, Arkansas will have a chance at winning the SECCG
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

mhuff

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on September 18, 2014, 08:29:26 am
This has been my talking point for a while.  We have successfully recruited for two different type schemes(run based/passing based) over the past 16 years.  Offensive recruiting isn't the issue, its defense.  Back 7 recruiting has been the biggest LIMFAC to sustained success for the Hogs.  IF/WHEN this gets solved, be it by scheme adjusting to lower talent or improved recruiting, Arkansas will have a chance at winning the SECCG

thefisher

HUGE commitment at a critical position.  It just gets better from here.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

navyhog24

Now, we need some big time backers and db's

The_Iceman

Possible 2016 Defensive Line:

DE: Ledbetter, Agim, Hall

DT: Jackson, Watts, Marks

DT: Froholdt, Capps, Dean

DE: Bell, Brown, Beanum

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 18, 2014, 09:44:04 am

I dig it man. Its the goods.

Would anyone venture a guess on what the OL would look like? Could christen it the Great Wall of Hog.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Let's keep getting those kids from Miami and Pine Bluff to fill out the back 7.   

The_Iceman

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 18, 2014, 10:07:01 am

Would anyone venture a guess on what the OL would look like? Could christen it the Great Wall of Hog.

Surprisingly, we will be needing to fill a lot of spots on the OL by 2016. Assuming Skipper and Kirkland go pro early...

OT: Brian Wallace,
OG: Koehler, Josh Allen
C: Ragnow, Rogers (Ragnow could move to OT if needed)
OG: Jalin Barnett? (PLEASE!)
OT: Colton Jackson

Wildhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 18, 2014, 10:07:01 am

2016?

Well, if everyone stays through their SR year:

LT: Dan Skipper (Sr)
LG: Reeve Koehler (RsJr)
C: Frank Ragnow (Jr)
RG: Denver Kirkland (Sr)
RT: Brian Wallace (RsSo)

If Kirkland and Skipper leave:

LT: Brian Wallace
LG: Reeve Koehler
C:  Frank Ragnow
RG: Josh Allen
RT:  Colton Jackson

We're actually pretty low on numbers.  We need to take as many OL as we can get in this class.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

TexasRazorback

Fort Dweller

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on September 18, 2014, 08:14:08 am
Armon Watts. 6-4 280. Getting a redshirt year with Herb

That's right.  Forgot about him.  Good call.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on September 18, 2014, 10:29:54 am
2016?

Well, if everyone stays through their SR year:

LT: Dan Skipper (Sr)
LG: Reeve Koehler (RsJr)
C: Frank Ragnow (Jr)
RG: Denver Kirkland (Sr)
RT: Brian Wallace (RsSo)

If Kirkland and Skipper leave:

LT: Brian Wallace
LG: Reeve Koehler
C:  Frank Ragnow
RG: Josh Allen
RT:  Colton Jackson

We're actually pretty low on numbers.  We need to take as many OL as we can get in this class.

Yes, assuming we get Allen, we could still use another OT and OG in this class, but at least an OT.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The NewEra

Ledbetter, Froholdt, Jackson, Wise and Philon.  Winston, Johnson, brown, beanum, and Lewis.  Jamario Bell and Daytrieon Dean.  And if we're lucky, there's McTelvin Agim and Austin Capps next year.  Armon Watts. 6-4 280. Getting a redshirt year with Herb.

This is the list you guys helped me put together.  Now that's a lot of potential on the D-line.  This could be an incredible three deep.

LJHOG

Mighty glad to have Jeremiah on board. After watching a little of his film I have high hopes he's gonna contribute.

Porkys Revenge

Anybody heard from PWJ?  I bet this commitment has his gout flared up something fierce.

SDZ_Hog

Think Grady Ollison will add depth next year? Spending this year adjusting and then contribute his SR year. A pseudo JC transfer.

hawgaddict

I may be wrong, but im almost certain they are recruiting ledbetter to play inside. He already has the size if his weight is accurate and he his only going to get bigger under Herbert. Either way, I see him being a great player for us. Go Hogs!

RAZORHOGG15

Are you just assuming philon is going to leave after his RSJr year
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

CDBHawg

Wise? Philon? Johnson? Lewis? Winston?

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

GrizzlyRider07

Quote from: CDBHawg on September 18, 2014, 11:17:59 pm

There's a pretty good chance Philon and Wise might leave after there Junior seasons though if they have a good year! Especially Philon
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

The_Iceman

Quote from: CDBHawg on September 18, 2014, 11:17:59 pm

Holy cow, forgot that those guys are redshirts. I was looking through recruiting classes and just counted them as being gone by then. We will be loaded.

We really need to start focusing on the back 7.

MS_HogFan

Do you have to graduate and be in a master's type program to play the 5th year?
SOOIE

secneahog

Winston.
Lewis.
Beanum.
Philon.
Tawain.
Koesler.
Brown.
Watts.
Marks.
Hall.
Hodge.
Bijohn.
Ollison.
Ward.
Boyd.

Ledbetter.
Jamario.
Froholdt.
Dean.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

cubsfan5150

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 19, 2014, 08:43:15 am
Holy cow, forgot that those guys are redshirts. I was looking through recruiting classes and just counted them as being gone by then. We will be loaded.

We really need to start focusing on the back 7.

I've always felt that after the QB, the OL/DL are the most important "positions" on the field.  If you have an OL that can pass block and run block, they'll turn average players into good players and good players into HofF players (see the 1990's Cowboys).

The DL is the same way.  A DL that can pressure the QB without blitzes will make the secondary light-years better, while at the same time, if that same DL can plug holes and allow the LB's to run free, then average LB's are suddenly getting drafted to the NFL.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

hawgmasta

I was on a cruise and wasn't about to pay a dollar a minute for wifi. What great news coming back!!! Ledbetter is definitely the real deal. Reminds me of skipper being a three star but you can tell by the offer list is well worth it!

WarPig88

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on September 18, 2014, 08:29:26 am

How many elite dbacks are out there?

How many are left after Fla, Fla St., Bama, GA, LSU, Aub, Tex, OU, Notre Dame, Ohio St, and USC get done taking their picks?

In general, there are far fewer elite level defensive players each year than there are offensive guys.

This always has been and more than likely always will be a problem here.