Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most Important Assistant Coach on the Staff

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, September 17, 2014, 02:12:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the most important assistant coach on the staff?

Roy Segrist-- Our DL looks like monsters out there
1 (0.4%)
Randy Shannon-- The improvement at LB has been satisfying
9 (3.2%)
Jim Chaney-- 73 points followed by 49 points this offense is great!
5 (1.8%)
Sam Pittman-- This is the best OL Arkansas has had in their history in the SEC
252 (90.3%)
Robb Smith-- The defense as a whole is going to be a sight to see by seasons end.
12 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 276

TheRazorbackGuy

I'm going with Sam Pittman... Skipper, Kirkland, Cook, Ragnow and Tretola are massive beasts on the OL :razorback:  :razorback: :razorback: ;)

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

TheGreatHogsby

1highhog

I voted Pittman of course, but you left off Coach Randy Shannon, his importance is not just as a position Coach, he recruits all positions and is like CBB, a closer if you will.  It would hurt more to lose him than many on here would think.

PorkRinds

I'm going with Pittman.  But Clay Jennings and Robb Smith are important too.  They are going to have to step up recruiting in the secondary and work out the overall defensive woes.  Heck, Shannon at LB too.  I'd hate to really put any one over the others, but Pittman and Smith would be my choices if I had to choose. I also think your reasons are not the only reasons to vote, so I'd have left those out.

The_Iceman

Quote from: jrulz83 on September 17, 2014, 02:23:09 pm
Ben Herbert

That is actually an excellent choice. He is the only coach that's impact is on the entire team, not just their position.

jrulz83

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 17, 2014, 02:37:39 pm
That is actually an excellent choice. He is the only coach that's impact is on the entire team, not just their position.

He also gets so much more practice (for lack of a better term) time with the players.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

trashcan maN

jrulz83

go hogues

Pittman and it's not close.

Lock that man up!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Pork Twain

I love Pittman but this Sandy Shannon intrigues me.  Is he related to Leon Sandcastle or Jerry Ricecake?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: go hogues on September 17, 2014, 02:46:46 pm
Pittman and it's not close.

Lock that man up!
Already did

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/blog/robbies-hog-blog/pittmans-total-compensation-bumped-500k.html
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Pork Twain on September 17, 2014, 02:50:35 pm
I love Pittman but this Sandy Shannon intrigues me.  Is he related to Leon Sandcastle or Jerry Ricecake?

Its actually spelled Candy Channon and she sings backup for liz honey, great for recruiting.

This is my non-signature signature.

ricepig

I didn't see the "get back" coach listed, not sure who he is, but doing a great job!

The_Iceman

jgphillips3

Pittman and it's not close.  That said, there are several other very good coaches on this staff as well.

Steef

Too many choices.

Really nice problem to have.

swinesation

Seems to me that Michael Smith is doing a heck of a job recruiting. Seems like he's the one most often mentioned by recruits as a guy they really like. Just wanted to say he seems like a real asset in recruiting.

HogFanatic

Well, the entire coaching staff is doing a fantastic job.

I would have to give the edge to Pittman on this poll though. Those plays Skipper made on TT are all over the webz and even being featured on TV. The other day Chizik said, "There is nothing more demoralizing than having a team line up and you KNOW they are going to run the ball against you, and they do it, time after time, and you can't do anything to stop it." Then the other guy says, "maybe one thing -- check out Dan Skipper." and then replays the one armed throw away of that TT DT. I was loving it. That = recruiting without saying a word. Guys at home look at that and say "I wanna play with those guys."

Pittman is earning every penny of his check, but I think the other guys are too, and Chaney will get better as BB tells him how to do his job better.

Future is looking bright.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 17, 2014, 02:30:04 pm
I'm going with Pittman.  But Clay Jennings and Robb Smith are important too.  They are going to have to step up recruiting in the secondary and work out the overall defensive woes.  Heck, Shannon at LB too.  I'd hate to really put any one over the others, but Pittman and Smith would be my choices if I had to choose. I also think your reasons are not the only reasons to vote, so I'd have left those out.

+1 PorkHinds,  Agreed 100 % on all your points

Paul

Paul

As an aside, did everyone see BB going down the line hugging the assiatant coaches after the game Sat? He & Pitt looked like dancing bears. Did BP ever do that?  Jk

PorkSoda

Pittman has the edge, but I'd like to say Joel Thomas.  To say 'he's got the RB's playing well' is an understatement.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Cure

Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

lahawg1

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: lahawg1 on September 17, 2014, 06:12:50 pm
Where is the all of the above choice?

+1, I should have put that one as a choice.

lumphog

Quote from: 1highhog on September 17, 2014, 02:27:35 pm
I voted Pittman of course, but you left off Coach Randy Shannon, his importance is not just as a position Coach, he recruits all positions and is like CBB, a closer if you will.  It would hurt more to lose him than many on here would think.
I agreee, After the game Sat. the camera panned to our sidelines & coach BB was congating his assistants with a big hug. The last coach was Shannon & he just went up to Randy & threw his arm around his shoulder like they were BEST friends.....all smiles from both....I think CBB & CRS have a really good bond, that they would fight for each other.....I saw a thread about losing assistants after this year...... I don't believe that. This staff has bonded very well & won't go anywhere until they help CBB reach his goal....We're in good shape & headed in the right direction......We WILL win a SECCG!!!!

lumphog

Quote from: lahawg1 on September 17, 2014, 06:12:50 pm
Where is the all of the above choice?
We have a helluva staff......BEST in decades

root_hawg

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

downsouthhawg72

I said Robb Smith because Pittman is going to be Pittman. What Robb Smith is doing for this defense is really really good. When was the last time we played any spread team & the QB didn't come out looking like a heisman finalist. He called a great game against Tech (a spread team) & came out after halftime & kept it going.
DownSouthHawg

redeye

I'm tempted to say Jen Bielema, because she keeps the big guy happy, but I don't see the need in ranking our assistants.

TheRazorbackGuy

root_hawg

It was tongue in cheek, they had it spelt wrong in the poll

TheRazorbackGuy

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hogfaniam

I'm going defense cause if we don't have more stops, especially red zone stops, than the other team...well, I hope we win every coin toss. 
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

demonHOG1013

No love for the strength coach?  Gotta give him props.  We have mostly the same guys as last year, but now they look like SEC men when they walk to the LOS.

HOGINTENNESSEE

It's Pitman

I am a huge fan Randy Shannon and Jim Chaney. But it's Pitman hands down.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on September 18, 2014, 07:22:18 am
It's Pitman

I am a huge fan Randy Shannon and Jim Chaney. But it's Pitman hands down.

Sam Pittman is indeed greatness

GolfnHog

All of them, even the ones not listed. The sum of all parts are making this program get national and regional recognition for all the right reasons. Isn't that what we all wanted?

Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

texas tush hog

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 17, 2014, 02:37:39 pm

+1

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Gerald Gilber

Can we play all our games at home????

31to6

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on September 17, 2014, 02:12:43 pm
I'm going with Sam Pittman... Skipper, Kirkland, Cook, Ragnow and Tretola are massive beasts on the OL :razorback:  :razorback: :razorback: ;)
I clicked Sam, simply because the turnaround is most directly related to getting the running game going. Honorable mention to CJT.

However a team is a team and our *longterm* success will be enabled by defensive improvement to go with the power rushing attack.  You must be able to get defensive stops against teams that you won't be able to score on 9 of 10 drives.

Also, don't discount the contribution of Barry Lunney, Jr.

He is primary on 8 of our 2015 commitments, including 3 4*'s: http://247sports.com/Coach/Barry-Lunney-Jr-1513

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: 31to6 on September 18, 2014, 11:13:02 am
I clicked Sam, simply because the turnaround is most directly related to getting the running game going. Honorable mention to CJT.

However a team is a team and our *longterm* success will be enabled by defensive improvement to go with the power rushing attack.  You must be able to get defensive stops against teams that you won't be able to score on 9 of 10 drives.

Also, don't discount the contribution of Barry Lunney, Jr.

He is primary on 8 of our 2015 commitments, including 3 4*'s: http://247sports.com/Coach/Barry-Lunney-Jr-1513

Lundy has done a brilliant job in the recruiting field.