Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You know it's coming

Started by razorson, September 17, 2014, 01:16:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorson

If we go 6-6 or 7-5 and Louisville does the same, or 8-4. Gotta believe that they would match us up in a bowl. Do ya think?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ldfergu

I'd be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Calling All Hogs

It really wouldn't tell us much about the coaches since Petrino is in his first year using Charlie Strong's players and CBB is in year two.

Mortgage Hog

With the quality of competition that we face in comparison to them I would like that match up.  If they only win 6 or 7 CBB will run it down BP's throat until he  :puke:!!!

razorson

Quote from: Mortgage Hog on September 17, 2014, 01:28:06 pm
With the quality of competition that we face in comparison to them I would like that match up.  If they only win 6 or 7 CBB will run it down BP's throat until he  :puke:!!!
8)

HogMantheIntruder

I'm hoping for either UL or Texas.  I think we win either one. 
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

lahawg1

Do ya think the camera's would catch CBP saying FUMF again?

HF#1

If there is a god, we will play Louisville in the Music City Bowl.  Surely the bowl folks will be drooling for that matchup. 

BTW, we would destroy Louisville.  We all know Petrino's defenses can't stop anything. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TheGreatHogsby

Nah, If they did they would need to call it the Jerry Springer Drama Bowl.

hoggusamoungus

While their schedule isn't the killer we face, they do play FSU and at Clemson, Notre Dame and BC, who just beat a ranked USC. 

lumphog

Quote from: HF#1 on September 17, 2014, 01:33:26 pm
If there is a god, we will play Louisville in the Music City Bowl.  Surely the bowl folks will be drooling for that matchup. 

BTW, we would destroy Louisville.  We all know Petrino's defenses can't stop anything. 
Problem is.......it's a "Strong" defense , and a dambgoodun...Does UL play FSU ??? If so FSU better watch out......I said it....upset alert!!!

HF#1

Quote from: lumphog on September 17, 2014, 01:41:38 pm
Problem is.......it's a "Strong" defense , and a dambgoodun...Does UL play FSU ??? If so FSU better watch out......I said it....upset alert!!!

Don't know, don't care.  They got beat by Virginia, can't see them beating FSU. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

fanofthehog

UL's defensive line is very good.  Charlie Strong loves defense, and he left the cupboard full on that side of the ball.  That being said, we would beat them soundly.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Pork Twain

Quote from: lumphog on September 17, 2014, 01:41:38 pm
Living here in Charlottesville, nobody thought that UVA had a chance against Louisville.  The fact that they actually beat them, tells us all a little about Louisville's defense.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

smb

It would be good TV ratings no doubt about it.
GeorgiaHOG

Exit Pursued by a Boar

So what. IF we win 6, and that's still a chore, and Lousiville is bowl eligible, we'll see whether they'll put us together. It would certainly sell tickets and advertising.  Still, it took CBP three tries to finally beat Nutt.  So, I don't think it means anything win or lose.

EFBAB

HogShat

Quote from: lumphog on September 17, 2014, 01:27:16 pm
In this shattstirrin world we live in......Bank on it

hey now.....

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

ShadowTheHedgehog

If we get to a bowl I would like to play Rutgers this year.

LZH

I thought we were playing Arkansas State in a bowl game.  Or is that the NCAA Basketball Tourney?

HF#1

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on September 17, 2014, 03:20:09 pm
He may not have been at Louisville long enough to f up the D yet. Remember, BP rode HDNs defenders all the way to Sugar in year 3.

I'd say he rode the 2008/09 offensive players to the Sugar Bowl more so than the defenisve players.  But I get your point.  Either way, Louisville got beat by Virginia, whatever Strong left there is either overrated or Petrino isn't utilizing them effectively.

Hog N Bama

HAHAHA ;D

lefty08

Is bobby allowed back to the music city bowl?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hogarusa

Quote from: smb on September 17, 2014, 01:52:01 pm
It would be good TV ratings no doubt about it.

I dont think the country cares that much about the Petrino/Arkansas story, not to mention a 6-6 vs 7-5 bowl matchup in mid December.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

redeye

I've thought about it and hope it doesn't happen.  I'm not a fan of how they make these match-ups and don't see anything to be gained, or lost, by playing Louisville because Petrino's their coach.  It's the same thinking that keeps us from playing Notre Dame or any notable opponent that most SEC, and former SWC, teams have played.

MrThunderhog

What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Poppa Tart on September 17, 2014, 01:31:02 pm
I'm hoping for either UL or Texas.  I think we win either one. 

I'm just hoping for any bowl game.   

shotgun7

3kgthog

Neither can ours.

LZH

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 18, 2014, 06:30:33 am
Neither can ours.

No kidding.  Fwiw, Louisville's defense is alot better than ours right now.

lefty08

Quote from: LZH on September 18, 2014, 06:34:01 am

Yep, it will be 2 years before BPs switcheroo there
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

LZH

Quote from: lefty08 on September 18, 2014, 06:41:52 am
Yep, it will be 2 years before BPs switcheroo there

That, and I'm hoping like hell that he's caught in a hall closet somewhere with the AD's wife.  That would serve both of them quite well.

scruf

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We should actually wait and see if Louisville gets bowl eligible.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Thinking back to Nutt vs CBP in year 1. I don't want that over again.

hogsanity

IF UL is 7-5, that might make them the 4th team out of the ACC with how mediocre that league is after the top two teams, so they would get a higher matchup than the 9th team ( like it or not a 7-5 Hog team would probably be 8th or 9th from the SEC this year ).

But, if it happens, so be it.  If the Hogs, with this Schedule go 7-5, that means they won 3 SEC games, which will be nothing to be upset about considering who they play.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Chief Mac

Quote from: Pork Twain on September 17, 2014, 01:50:16 pm
Living here in Charlottesville, nobody thought that UVA had a chance against Louisville.  The fact that they actually beat them, tells us all a little about Louisville's defense.

with Petrino's predisposition to set practices up so that the offense is always successful, it would not surprise me to see Louisville's D be lackluster despite whatever talent Strong left.  That and Petrino's d-coord is an idiot that couldn't make UGA's defense great despite having all the talent in the world
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Chief Mac

Quote from: LZH on September 18, 2014, 06:34:01 am

given that Tech's bread and butter pass offense has been our kryptonite, I would say our defense is improving.  There yet, hell no.....but getting better.  Hell, our DBs/LBs actually played the ball last week and one of our DBs laid out a TT receiver.  Its been a while since either of those happened, let alone both in the same game.  Baby steps
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

hogsanity

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on September 18, 2014, 07:47:48 am
and one of our DBs laid out a TT receiver. 

Seemed like after that hit, there were a couple routes they did not run again the rest of the game, routes they had hit two or three times early on.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Razorback Pastor

I hope we do meet them in a bowl game.

LZH

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on September 18, 2014, 07:47:48 am
given that Tech's bread and butter pass offense has been our kryptonite, I would say our defense is improving.  There yet, hell no.....but getting better.  Hell, our DBs/LBs actually played the ball last week and one of our DBs laid out a TT receiver.  Its been a while since either of those happened, let alone both in the same game.  Baby steps

I made note last week that this year we may be out of place and/or missing tackles, but we're not half-a$$ing our effort on defense like we did too many times last year.  We hit people this year.  When we figure out where we need to be, and keep improving our different techniques, we'll be competitive.  At least the attitude is coming back.

Chief Mac

Quote from: hogsanity on September 18, 2014, 07:50:26 am
Seemed like after that hit, there were a couple routes they did not run again the rest of the game, routes they had hit two or three times early on.

as a former WR/DB I can understand both sides of that coin....its all about getting into the head of the WR.  Once they think they'll get lit up, its amazing what that does to an offense's passing attack.

Chief Mac

Quote from: LZH on September 18, 2014, 07:58:16 am
I made note last week that this year we may be out of place and/or missing tackles, but we're not half-a$$ing our effort on defense like we did too many times last year.  We hit people this year.  When we figure out where we need to be, and keep improving our different techniques, we'll be competitive.  At least the attitude is coming back.

yeah, the missed tackles are problematic and needs to be cleaned up but the attacking attitude is a nice change over the past two years

DeltaBoy

All I know is the D played as good as I seen the past 3 years this past Saturday vs TT.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on September 18, 2014, 07:44:17 am
with Petrino's predisposition to set practices up so that the offense is always successful, it would not surprise me to see Louisville's D be lackluster despite whatever talent Strong left.  That and Petrino's d-coord is an idiot that couldn't make UGA's defense great despite having all the talent in the world

We know your feelings. Was Jessica your fiancé?
Let's make some waves.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

superior_wang

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on September 18, 2014, 07:44:17 am

Georgia's issues should always be laid at the feet of Mark Richt. All the talent in the world, and  they always choke  like a sophomore cheerleader on prom night when its show time.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: HF#1 on September 17, 2014, 01:43:03 pm
Don't know, don't care.  They got beat by Virginia, can't see them beating FSU. 
Exactly. WPS!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!