Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NIU and our bowl hopes

Started by Hogopotamus, September 17, 2014, 01:08:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogopotamus

Here are my criteria for the upcoming game that I will use to decide whether I feel good about going bowling:

1. Score at least 42 points (or 35 if we play another game of keep-away in the 4th quarter).

2. Hold NIU to 21 - 17 points or less and 350 yards or less. Northwestern held them to 23, and NW is not good, e. g. they gave up 31 to California, who went 1-11 last year. We held TT to 350 yards and while I know NIU has a better overall offense, TT was perfectly fit to our weakness (quick passing).

3. Get at least 150 - 200 yards through the air and 300 - 250 on the ground, at least 450 total. However, if we are just pounding it down their throat and we end up with more ground, less air, that's fine. But either way I want the passing game to be efficient, i.e. at least 65% completion, 8 ypa. This team is weak against the pass and if we can't throw against them, we can't throw against anyone in the SEC (they gave up 400 yards to UNLV and 322 yards to NW through the air). This is not an indictment of BA btw, I believe the dropped passes and falling / slipping on routes is the main reason we haven't already achieved this. Every quarterback in CFB has some errant throws each game, it is the combination of this and the drops / busted routes that have made our passing game look weak.

NIU is a good team, but compared to our conference competition they are not on the same level. I will be happy with a win of any kind of course, but this is what will convince me we are capable of getting the magic 6-6 or better. If we don't I will still hope we can pull it off, but I also won't be expecting it.

pigture perfect

We need to win this one to have any shot at making a bowl.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HF#1

Every winnable game is a big game for Arkansas.  We need all the W's we can get. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

The real Hogules

We NEED this one!
I am confident with the game being at home that we will win by 10+.
Anything less and I'll be nervous entering SEC play.
Anything over 10 and I'll like our chances against our conference brethren, beginning with the Ags.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!