Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wednesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, September 17, 2014, 12:27:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTheHedgehog

sickboy

Gosh, Barnett would be a huge get, obviously, in more ways than one. I have to say, I think we've got the best recruiting coaches that I can ever remember... hope we can keep this staff together.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 17, 2014, 12:27:05 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/sep/17/wed/
This is what stuck out to me after reading this from Richard.Quote.  While there is no guarantee, three different sources feel good about Arkansas' chances of landing Barnett. WOW! i am shocked to read this.because i have not seen not one national or local recruiting guy who does not think he's going to OU. i always thought it was a very long shot to get this kid from OU. but if anyone can do it, it's coach B and Sam Pittman. i still think he is going to OU. but three sources.WOW.

ldfergu

Its hard not to be optimistic when we are in the kids Top 2, he's visiting this weekend, announcing next week and loves Sam Pittman.  Not to mention he'd be a part of one of the best Oline's in all of college football.

I think we get him

The real Hogules

If J.B. Commits to the Hogs that'll be great, but I won't feel confident that we get him until he sends in his signed LOI.
There's no way OU lets this kid walk away from the Sooners without a fight!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on September 17, 2014, 01:08:16 pm
Its hard not to be optimistic when we are in the kids Top 2, he's visiting this weekend, announcing next week and loves Sam Pittman.  Not to mention he'd be a part of one of the best Oline's in all of college football.

I think we get him

Unless something has changed, he's taking his five officials.

Remember people can feel good about landing a kid and be wrong. Happens all the time. I'm like a lot of people in thinking it will be tough to get him away from OU. That said Pittman and Bielema have proven they can go against the best and get O-linemen.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The real Hogules on September 17, 2014, 01:30:01 pm
If J.B. Commits to the Hogs that'll be great, but I won't feel confident that we get him until he sends in his signed LOI.
There's no way OU lets this kid walk away from the Sooners without a fight!
Fight............as in huge pay off???? ???

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on September 17, 2014, 01:08:16 pm

I think we get him
What's the date he plans to announce

The Recruiting Guy

CallThoseHawgs

forrest city joe

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 17, 2014, 01:33:27 pm
Unless something has changed, he's taking his five officials.

Remember people can feel good about landing a kid and be wrong. Happens all the time. I'm like a lot of people in thinking it will be tough to get him away from OU. That said Pittman and Bielema have proven they can go against the best and get O-linemen.
+1000 Richard. i still think he is going to OU. but sounds like we at least have a chance. it may be a small chance. but we have a chance.

ldfergu

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 17, 2014, 01:42:02 pm
No date yet.

Ooh ok. I thought I read somewhere we he was announcing at the end of the month. I'm not gonna freak out if he chooses another school, just feel good about him wanting to play for the nastiest OLine out there

ShadowTheHedgehog

I just feel good every time parents or grand parents come with the kids. We have a good product to sell on and off the field, and the parents notice.

Hawgzinbowlz

CBB/Pittman = NFL. I like what is comin'.

Did JB like what occurred in Lubbock?

Under CBB/Pittman the OL would deserve consideration, at seasons end, as offensive MVP.

" GO HOGS "

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on September 17, 2014, 02:06:12 pm
Ooh ok. I thought I read somewhere we he was announcing at the end of the month. I'm not gonna freak out if he chooses another school, just feel good about him wanting to play for the nastiest OLine out there

You may have seen where Will "the Thrill" is announcing next week and many of us expect to pick up our 7th 4*.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

RunHogruN

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on September 17, 2014, 03:26:10 pm
I just feel good every time parents or grand parents come with the kids. We have a good product to sell on and off the field, and the parents notice.

+1 Shadow

I also want to add that it helps that the coaching staff we have can tell the grandparents that our program looks for and have good kids with good character in and out of the football field who are more likey to steer freshmen away from trouble rather than get them into trouble. Who would not feel good and secure sending their grandchildren to a school with good moral integrity throughout the school's chain of command starting with the AD AND CBB's staff.
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RunHogruN on September 18, 2014, 07:19:03 am
+1 Shadow

I also want to add that it helps that the coaching staff we have can tell the grandparents that our program looks for and have good kids with good character in and out of the football field who are more likey to steer freshmen away from trouble rather than get them into trouble. Who would not feel good and secure sending their grandchildren to a school with good moral integrity throughout the school's chain of command starting with the AD AND CBB's staff.
In contrast one could always point out the moral cretins at FSU and OU as being the total opposite.