Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OT: What ever happened to Shawn Arnell?

Started by joeman, September 16, 2014, 10:37:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

joeman

I enjoyed his show - just wondering if he is back on the air somewhere and I have missed it. Thanks.

Pigstie

During the spring I heard him as a guest on the local sports station in Jackson MS. I know he had connections or family in Memphis at one time. Thats where i met him. Why did he ever leave?
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

snoblind

I know he had some serious health issues at one time.

discombobulationist

He's got an account on here. I think his his username is "shawn". Real creative, haha.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

Break & Run

I remember he had some health issues (brain aneurysm?) And quit doing the radio show.

Don't know what he is up to lately.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: snoblind on September 16, 2014, 11:41:39 pm
I know he had some serious health issues at one time.

Yeah, I was really sorry to hear that. His Work and His Show are missed.  :razorback:

Pigstie

September 17, 2014, 06:46:34 am #6 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:03:19 am by Pigstie
Some type of brain disorder where the brain grows and puts pressure on the skull. He had a procedure in Nashville some time back to help it. Claimed that wasnt the reason why he left though. Mike probably knows.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Doug

Quote from: discombobulationistI think his his username is "shawn". Real creative, haha.
Soo... what's the issue with "creative" uses of first (or real) names? Can't wait for this gem. :D

Shawn does pop onto Hogville from time to time... don't be surprised if he pops into this thread sooner or later.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Mike Irwin

I heard him on a Memphis call in show last winter when we went through there on the way to an Arkansas Ole Miss basketball game.

He moved there because his wife got a great job there and supposedly he was going to be a stay at home dad.

I don't think he has any health issues these days

skinnypig

He can also be seen on WKNO the PBS station out of Memphis on the Sport Files with Greg Gaston

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcAfLRgV7fk

Pigstie

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 17, 2014, 08:31:46 am
I heard him on a Memphis call in show last winter when we went through there on the way to an Arkansas Ole Miss basketball game.

He moved there because his wife got a great job there and supposedly he was going to be a stay at home dad.

I don't think he has any health issues these days
Great to hear about his health! Several years ago I met Shawn while he was running a yogurt shop in the Memphis area.. May have been a part owner? He noticed my razorback shirt and started up a conversation. Being that my father had a long radio career we had a lot to talk about. Seems like a great guy.

DeltaBoy

Miss that boy regardless. He was pretty funny!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.