Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remaining schedule

Started by Music City Hog, September 16, 2014, 09:38:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

@dennisdoddcbs: Toughest remaining schedule? Arkansas by a mile. remaining opponents are 19-2 at the moment.

This is why I've said from day 1 that while our record may not be a lot better, the team will be.  It is more than clear to me that this team is light years ahead of last years.  I have total confidence in where we are headed, but a bowl game this year will be quite the feat.   5 of the top 10 in the nation are in our division!!!

I look forward to the next few years ahead. 

Biggus Piggus

This game this weekend is very, very important all of a sudden. Why? Because the lift Arkansas got from destroying Texas Tech -- in sports media attention, in recruiting attention -- was dramatic. Extraordinary. A loss at home would torpedo that uptrend. Doesn't matter that NIU might be a better team than Texas Tech. It would look like the Hogs are too damn erratic.

Everybody knows the SEC schedule is murderous. Losing a conference game, any conference game, wouldn't necessarily make much difference anymore. Got to take care of business and handle NIU. Two weeks of good results against name opponents (yes, NIU is a name opponent, they've earned it) would be golden. Who knows what kind of an uplift the Hogs could experience, within the team. On the outside it would do wonders.

This isn't a fear-of-losing post, it's an attempt to underscore what is on the table. Arkansas will have to earn respect again. This is a good opponent that plays very well on the road. It's a great opportunity to earn something of unmistakable value.
[CENSORED]!

AugustaHog

Biggus you are 100% right.  I think the biggest thing that could be lost is opportunity.  We have a great chance to add to the momentum of the past two very nice performances.  I want to go into Dallas hot as a firecracker.  We just have to continue making statements week in and week out. 

Razorback Pastor

DeltaBoy

We need to beat the brakes of the Yankee dogs and roll into Arlington Tx large and in charge.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RockyMtnHog

IF we were to handle NIU and somehow get by Tex A&M then you will start seeing some respect from the media and it will open the eyes of the rest of the SEC.  That is a BIG IF.  It could happen and then we will not sneak up on anyone.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"