Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Found this on an NIU Board

Started by Pickwick Hog, September 16, 2014, 04:02:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gmarv

I,m giddly anxious,Saturday can't get here fast enough.

The_Iceman

There were talking about how they won't miss the tackles Texas Tech did. They don't understand how beat down Tech was by the 4th quarter, and the same will happen to them.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 17, 2014, 06:55:41 am
You always need to be concerned unless you can say with 100% certainty it is 10/10 times and nobody can say that seriously.

The Hog Offense should dominate NIU, no doubt about it. How close the game will be depends on how well the Hog Defense plays IMHO.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

DLUXHOG

Relax men....   The Hogs are seriously focused....  One week at a time....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

DeltaBoy

Red Rover Red Rover Run those Dogs Over!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

They are showing us great respect and will dog fight us for the first half then the Road Hogs will grind their front 7 to dust and we roll.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Fayettetopia

Quote from: steefhog on September 16, 2014, 07:30:12 pm
I am reminded of this time two years ago. When Rutgers was coming to town.
[/b] 

^^^This

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: steefhog on September 16, 2014, 07:30:12 pm
I am reminded of this time two years ago. When Rutgers was coming to town.

Yes, we're vastly improved. And its exciting.

But we don't know our enemy, or ourselves yet, well enough to be cocky..

Agree with the no-cocky-yet sentiment. Disagree that there's any similarity at all with 2012. No way.

That team had been on autopilot for half a year. Nobody worked hard over the summer. The Hogs already were 1-2 having lost to Louisiana-Monroe then 52-zip at home vs. Alabama.

In that context, Arkansas only lost to Rutgers, a 9-win team in the end, by 9 points.
[CENSORED]!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on September 17, 2014, 12:17:13 pm
The Hog Offense should dominate NIU, no doubt about it. How close the game will be depends on how well the Hog Defense plays IMHO.

I have two words.......................Appalachian State...................................

I of course believe the Hogs will win but stranger things have happened in football.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cartoon Man

Dropkick

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 16, 2014, 09:53:45 pm
So, what you're saying is that you in turn don't know anything about college football? They've won 17 road games in a row. We've won 1 in a row. They've been to a BCS bowl since we have. They went to a bowl last year. We were sitting at home crying in our bowl of Tostitos. Their defense is about 3x better against the run than TT. By all means, keep thinking we should win convincingly based on the amazing 3 year run we're on!
One of you was wrong on this.................

HF#1

I enjoyed that board.  They know football. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin