Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Found this on an NIU Board

Started by Pickwick Hog, September 16, 2014, 04:02:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pickwick Hog

Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

gchamblee

lmao, thats awesome. i am really proud of our o-line right now.

razorbackkid

Not too many getting hopes up about the game.  May serve them well.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Vantage 8 dude

As far as I'm concerned the bigger and nastier the pub gets concerning D.S. and the rest of the OL gets the better! While I realize when we get into SEC play the DLs are going to get  bigger and faster, but the more our rep can "get into the heads" of both players and other staffs the better it has to be.

Use every bit of the great publicity our guys are getting now to make as much "hay" in recruiting up-an-coming kids as we can.

BTW "Aye, aye Skipper".

BatesvilleHOG

There are people on their board that sincerely believe NIU will win. It's cute really

Augustus

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on September 16, 2014, 05:28:23 pm
There are people on their board that sincerely believe NIU will win. It's cute really

I think we will win, but I also think it will closer than the TT game.

In all fairness, we had some on this board saying "We beat Auburn, and it's not gonna be close." 

Hogfly

I like the NIU fanbase, in general.

I'm also amazed at how we've gone from being lucky to scrape together 3 wins this season to how teams will be lucky to keep it within 3 touchdowns of us. Hogville pendulum be crazy.

007 License To Squeal

Hahahaha.........they are scared!!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

AloRaptor

I like this comment right here.  ;D

I certainly don't buy into big conference hype, my fear of a blowout comes from watching Arkansas this year.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: Augustus on September 16, 2014, 05:42:34 pm
I think we will win, but I also think it will closer than the TT game.

In all fairness, we had some on this board saying "We beat Auburn, and it's not gonna be close."
anyone who knows anything about college football should know Arkansas should win this game and should win convincingly. I'm not talking down NIU by any means but this isn't rocket science.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Augustus

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on September 16, 2014, 06:02:32 pm
anyone who knows anything about college football should know Arkansas should win this game and should win convincingly. I'm not talking down NIU by any means but this isn't rocket science.

Well, they don't call it a "Trap Game" for nothing.

We shoulda beat ULM convincingly. Michigan shoulda beat Appalachian State convincingly.  "Stuff" happens.

This NIU team is better than that ULM or Appalachian State team, IMHO.

I think we'll win, yes; but I'm thinking you might be surprised by this one. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Mike_e

thetachihuskie  Online
1st String

I Root For:
I know their LT is 6'10", but their RT is only 6'7"!

LOL  Now that's funny right there.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pickwick Hog on September 16, 2014, 04:02:33 pm
The first couple of remarks are hilarious.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-703625.html

That is funny, but let's keep in mind that none of these posters are actually playing the game. I doubt that their team is as concerned as their fans seem to be. Northern Illinois is a better team than Texas Tech, in my opinion.
Go Hogs Go!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Augustus on September 16, 2014, 06:32:21 pm

We shoulda beat ULM convincingly. Michigan shoulda beat Appalachian State convincingly.  "Stuff" happens.

I think we'll win, yes; but I'm thinking you might be surprised by this one. I hope I'm wrong about that.

ULM-34
ARK-31*

* John L. Smith... This fact alone disqualifies this game from being included in any future discussions regarding upsets in college football.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

fakebobholt

Bama, LSU, GA, and A&M look here and say the same thing.

We should pound them 9/10 times. Im not sure why people are concerned with them.

GolfnHog

Quote from: fakebobholt on September 16, 2014, 06:40:44 pm

We should pound them 9/10 times. Im not sure why people are concerned with them.

The key word is should but as someone, somewhere once said: "On any given Saturday"; therefore I'll keep that 1 out of 10 chances in the back of my mind and hope I'm fretting over nothing.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Augustus

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 16, 2014, 06:39:34 pm
ULM-34
ARK-31*

* John L. Smith... This fact alone disqualifies this game from being included in any future discussions regarding upsets in college football.

So... we're just gonna ignore Tyler Wilson got hurt during the ULM game? Also, wasn't Paul Petrino calling that game?

I get that "Johnelle" is the go to move, but there was more going on.

I think we've discussed ad nauseam that if Tyler Wilson finishes that game, we don't lose to ULM.  In spite of Johnelle being the Coach.

What I'm saying is, stuff happens. Whether it's an injury, pick 6's, a muffed punt that bounces of our player, fumbles, etc, etc, etc

jcworm

Quote from: Augustus on September 16, 2014, 06:32:21 pm

I don't really consider this a trap game because I think this team is hungry for wins. They lost 10 in a row I don't think they will have a big head going into this game. Teams that are over confident and looking ahead to the next opponent are the teams that have trap games.

atekido

You mean like the same ones here who kept thinking we would beat bama only to get slaughtered over and over.  or the same people who thought A&M would be nothing in the SEC and are now the top ranked team or that mizzou would be nothing but railroaded the east and us...   

They have a Much better chance beating us than what some of our fans think we have a chance of doing a lot of the time lol!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jcworm on September 16, 2014, 07:07:19 pm
I don't really consider this a trap game because I think this team is hungry for wins. They lost 10 in a row I don't think they will have a big head going into this game. Teams that are over confident and looking ahead to the next opponent are the teams that have trap games.

I don't see this as a trap game but there is the potential danger of looking ahead to the A&M game. The coaches will do their best to keep the team focused on one game at a time and I hope the kids stay focused on that very thing. I do believe that the Hogs, because of what they have been through, won't allow themselves to look ahead.

But some of the posters on here, after an impressive showing vs. Tech have gone from one extreme to the other. We aren't going to beat every team like we did Tech. I'm glad our posters aren't suiting up for the game from all of the talk I have read on here.

NIU may be from the MAC and may be generally considered to be a second tier team, but they are a good football team and they won't be showing up at RRS expecting to lose.

I expect this, at where we are at this point in time, to be a competitive game. We may pull ahead and away later in the second half after we wear them down, but NIU is a team capable of making solid plays and they are accustomed to playing against bigger teams from the north. They probably won't lay down and quit.

I am not expecting us to win this one by 21 points, maybe by not more than 10. We will see. I am not expecting this to be a "cakewalk". We can and should win, but these kids may not lay down like Tech did later in the game.
Go Hogs Go!

Pig In The City

My concern has always been WHEN not if the rushing game gets stuffed , how are we going to find a way to win. It is going to happen with tougher SEC teams. I know they can run now show me you are balanced. Show me a passing game!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pig In The City on September 16, 2014, 07:24:14 pm
My concern has always been WHEN not if the rushing game gets stuffed , how are we going to find a way to win. It is going to happen with tougher SEC teams. I know they can run now show me you are balanced. Show me a passing game!

I think we will see it when they are ready for us to see it and when we need it.
Go Hogs Go!

Steef

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2014, 07:18:18 pm
I don't see this as a trap game but there is the potential danger of looking ahead to the A&M game. The coaches will do their best to keep the team focused on one game at a time and I hope the kids stay focused on that very thing. I do believe that the Hogs, because of what they have been through, won't allow themselves to look ahead.

But some of the posters on here, after an impressive showing vs. Tech have gone from one extreme to the other. We aren't going to beat every team like we did Tech. I'm glad our posters aren't suiting up for the game from all of the talk I have read on here.

NIU may be from the MAC and may be generally considered to be a second tier team, but they are a good football team and they won't be showing up at RRS expecting to lose.

I expect this, at where we are at this point in time, to be a competitive game. We may pull ahead and away later in the second half after we wear them down, but NIU is a team capable of making solid plays and they are accustomed to playing against bigger teams from the north. They probably won't lay down and quit.

I am not expecting us to win this one by 21 points, maybe by not more than 10. We will see. I am not expecting this to be a "cakewalk". We can and should win, but these kids may not lay down like Tech did later in the game.

I am reminded of this time two years ago. When Rutgers was coming to town.

Yes, we're vastly improved. And its exciting.

But we don't know our enemy, or ourselves yet, well enough to be cocky..

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Augustus on September 16, 2014, 06:59:32 pm
So... we're just gonna ignore Tyler Wilson got hurt during the ULM game? Also, wasn't Paul Petrino calling that game?

I get that "Johnelle" is the go to move, but there was more going on.

I think we've discussed ad nauseam that if Tyler Wilson finishes that game, we don't lose to ULM.  In spite of Johnelle being the Coach.

What I'm saying is, stuff happens. Whether it's an injury, pick 6's, a muffed punt that bounces of our player, fumbles, etc, etc, etc

Wow! I must admit you've certainly put much more thought into this than I have.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: steefhog on September 16, 2014, 07:30:12 pm

My point exactly.
Go Hogs Go!

PorcineSublime

Quote from: steefhog on September 16, 2014, 07:30:12 pm

I was just going to post this. We need to not get too cocky. The crow taste better without the feathers, but it is still crow.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

DLUXHOG

September 16, 2014, 07:58:39 pm #27 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:21:56 pm by DLUXHOG
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2014, 07:18:18 pm
...... We aren't going to beat every team like we did Tech....

We're not?? (Hide n' watch)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

SamBuckhart

Seventeen straight road wins is impressive. I believe we will be ready. Go Hogs Go!!!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 16, 2014, 04:10:37 pm
As far as I'm concerned the bigger and nastier the pub gets concerning D.S. and the rest of the OL gets the better! While I realize when we get into SEC play the DLs are going to get  bigger and faster, but the more our rep can "get into the heads" of both players and other staffs the better it has to be.

Use every bit of the great publicity our guys are getting now to make as much "hay" in recruiting up-an-coming kids as we can.

BTW "Aye, aye Skipper".
Agree with all of this ^^^. Our O-Line and Coach Pittman should have a catchy nickname that the media could use. Something like "Sams Club" or "The Pitt Crew".

dynastyhog

Quote from: atekido on September 16, 2014, 07:07:46 pm
You mean like the same ones here who kept thinking we would beat bama only to get slaughtered over and over.  or the same people who thought A&M would be nothing in the SEC and are now the top ranked team or that mizzou would be nothing but railroaded the east and us...   

They have a Much better chance beating us than what some of our fans think we have a chance of doing a lot of the time lol!

I think most thought we could win in 2010 and we could have.  aTm might not have been thought of that way if they had Sumlin reeling off 10-11 wins per year in the Big 12 but the were absolute crap in the big 12 so most underestimated Sumlin, not aTm.  Mizzou will need to capitalize b/c the East won't be down for long.
Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people. - Zig Ziglar.

rljjr

The thing about NIU that is reason for worry is that they have nothing to lose AND winning is a part of their DNA. They've been beating bigger opponents consistently. This team knows how to win.

Now, this season they haven't faced world beaters by any stretch, but to win on the road is a mindset, and one they have confidence in right now.

We SHOULD beat them soundly, and I hope last week's taste of domination has lit the pilot light under the team into believing they WILL win.

I'm excited to watch this team/program grow. 

Pickwick Hog

I didn't post this to demean NIU at all. They are talented and well coached.

My point was they respect the Hogs and we haven't witnessed that in a couple of years now. 

Regardless, I think Dan Skipper has earned a nickname. He reminds me of the old James Bond movie character named "Jaws".

Yep, Dan "Jaws" Skipper. That'll work.

Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

Augustus

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on September 16, 2014, 08:02:52 pm
Agree with all of this ^^^. Our O-Line and Coach Pittman should have a catchy nickname that the media could use. Something like "Sams Club" or "The Pitt Crew".

"Sam's Club" is AWESOME! I love it!

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

DeltaBoy

They are comparing our O line to the one FSU had when they played them.
Jan 2013. NOLES WIN 31 -10.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=330010052
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on September 16, 2014, 08:02:52 pm

Either one, but if I was the Waffle House, IHOP or another pancake house, I would do something for every pancake this line serves.  However, they had better be careful cause the could go broke.

3kgthog

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on September 16, 2014, 06:02:32 pm

So, what you're saying is that you in turn don't know anything about college football? They've won 17 road games in a row. We've won 1 in a row. They've been to a BCS bowl since we have. They went to a bowl last year. We were sitting at home crying in our bowl of Tostitos. Their defense is about 3x better against the run than TT. By all means, keep thinking we should win convincingly based on the amazing 3 year run we're on!

bolo

R.I.P OTR
R.I.P PRJ
2023 March Maddest Champion with a little help from my friends

DeltaBoy

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 16, 2014, 09:53:45 pm
So, what you're saying is that you in turn don't know anything about college football? They've won 17 road games in a row. We've won 1 in a row. They've been to a BCS bowl since we have. They went to a bowl last year. We were sitting at home crying in our bowl of Tostitos. Their defense is about 3x better against the run than TT. By all means, keep thinking we should win convincingly based on the amazing 3 year run we're on!

1. Their Stud QB is gone.
2. IT is not Halloween.
3. We are at Home with the largest Oline  they will see this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Razorback Pastor

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 16, 2014, 09:57:51 pm
1. Their Stud QB is gone.
2. IT is not Halloween.
3. We are at Home with the largest Oline  they will ever see this year.
FIFY

Biggus Piggus

I don't see this as a trap game, because our coaching staff knows so much about NIU. It would be very disappointing if the players got any kind of big head after last week's game. Arkansas took a big step toward where it ought to be. Didn't get there yet. Manhandled an opponent that couldn't stop the run. On the road. Nicely done, but this week's a harder challenge. And don't tell me about the vaunted Fayetteville advantage.

Home losses in 2013 (3), 2012 (3), 2010 (1), 2009 (1), 2008 (3), 2007 (2), 2006 (1), 2005 (3), 2004 (2), 2003 (2), 2002 (2), 2001 (1), 2000 (2).

Since Nutt, the Hogs went unbeaten in Fayetteville three times, 1998-99 and 2011. Thassall.

Nice thing about this list - The only times Arkansas lost three home games in a season, the teams were pathetic. The two-loss teams in 2002-03 and '07 were badly undercoached. And the two-loss teams in 2004 and 2000 were very shabby.

If Arkansas surprises this season, I'd expect it to begin at home.
[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

Uberanubis

reflecting on the TT game. Collins is maturing into being one of those backs you just cant get down with one person. its like he has Vaseline on his body on some plays. just slipping tackles.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Tyro3

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 16, 2014, 09:53:45 pm

Your enthusiasm is contagious!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: East TN HAWG on September 16, 2014, 09:47:10 pm
Either one, but if I was the Waffle House, IHOP or another pancake house, I would do something for every pancake this line serves.  However, they had better be careful cause the could go broke.
If they worked it right they could do well with the idea. Maybe name a pancake breakfast for each star lineman, The Denver Stack, The Skipper Throw Downs.....

Pigstie

Yep.... just like some people on this board thought we would beat auby.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

southeasthog

This sounded like this board after the Nichols State game.

MaddDawgz02 Wrote: 
NIU is going to have to light it up through the air to win this game. Not sure NIU is at the point in the passing game that it can be the primary mode of attack. This is where I think some people were right that in previous games, especially Presbyterian, it would have really been helpful to take a more aggressive approach on a few drives.

Because lighting up Presbyterian prepares for you an SEC team? Hare goes against a tougher team in practice everyday.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: fakebobholt on September 16, 2014, 06:40:44 pm

You always need to be concerned unless you can say with 100% certainty it is 10/10 times and nobody can say that seriously.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Flatline