Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K.J. Hill Says He Can Get KeVaughn Allen to Flip From Florida

Started by edemire, September 16, 2014, 01:12:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

edemire

Much has been made about the surge in the Razorbacks' recruiting prowess under head football coach Bret Bielema. By early September, he'd been able to get commitments from more ESPN300 recruits than at any time since 2006. A large part of this success comes from the state of Florida, from where Bielema, assistant Randy Shannnon and others have been able to pull in major game-changing talents like running back Alex Collins and offensive lineman Denver Kirkland.

There could be another game-changing talent coming to Arkansas from Florida. Although this time, it would come in the form of an Arkansan - not a Floridian. KeVaughn Allen, a top 50 national recruit in basketball, is a North Little Rock High School senior who has announced he's attending the University of Florida. K.J. Hill, Allen's teammate and also an elite recruit in football, has other ideas.

Hill, who recently committed to Arkansas, told Sync's Nate Olson he believes he can convince Allen to de-commit from Florida and become the latest high flyer to join Arkansas' program. "When I go back to basketball I will talk to him even more," Hill said. "It's on my mind. I think I can get him to come [to Arkansas]."

More http://bit.ly/1DfF4bT
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

The_Iceman

Jimmy Whitt and KeVaughn Allen would make an elite backcourt. Add Monk to it in 2016, and you are making a run for the SEC Title and Elite 8 or more.

lumphog

"FINGERS CROSSED"   I think he can...I think he can.....I think he can

ldfergu

Is this enough to make fakebobholt leave?  I mean do you really need to wait until signing day?

Hoggish1

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 16, 2014, 01:19:45 pm
Jimmy Whitt and KeVaughn Allen would make an elite backcourt. Add Monk to it in 2016, and you are making a run for the SEC Title and Elite 8 or more.

Well, if ^ happens I'd say final four for shore...

ricepig

Well, not to throw cold water on this, but when does Kevaughn plan on signing? If he's a Nov guy, not much chance for KJ to work on him at practice as he will be playing football until at least Thanksgiving. Hopefully Kevaughn plans on signing in the spring.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Uncommon

I enjoyed that part and this quote when he was asked the question of whether he could get the other two in-state guys, Will Gragg and LaMichael Pettway, to sign with the Razorbacks:

KJ Hill - "Even before I was committed, recruits from in-state and out of state were asking me where I was going to go. Coach Bielema told me that I don't realize how much other players are looking at what I do. I wasn't thinking about it like he was thinking about it, but then when I committed a lot of stuff started changing. Players started asking, "Do you think we can get it done?" and stuff like that. La'Michael Pettway was asking me and then de-comitted, and Will is 100 percent onboard. I think he is going to come. Everyone has been asking me for the longest where I was going to go, so when I decided, that made them think about it."

http://www.syncweekly.com/news/2014/sep/16/popular-choice/

Hatleyville454

You would think KJ is the biggest 5* to come out of the state in a long, long time the way he has influence over all these players. No matter what he's ranked, I love it and it shows that he could be a leader the day he walks out on the field.

Also, a class of Whitt, Allen, and Dime would be one heck of a haul and would set us up nicely for the next few years. Go get em young fella and Go Hogs!

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 16, 2014, 01:19:45 pm

Yup, man that would be one helluva team.

Hawg Red

Whitt and Allen as juniors might be the sickest backcourt in the country. If the age limit for the NBA is changed to 2 years out of HS, and Monk elects to play college ball and signs with Arkansas.....it's gonna be a problem. Just not for the Hogs. For everyone else.

litmachog

Wow, if he flipped and we got Dime, our ranking would jump to 9th as everyone sits right now.

Dropkick

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on September 16, 2014, 01:31:53 pm
Is this enough to make fakebobholt leave?  I mean do you really need to wait until signing day?
He is a welcher plain and simple. No integrity. He won't leave until he is shown the door by the boss.

Speedracer

Wow, would be a really nice class if they can flip Allen and get Dime.  Plus it sounds like  hill is entertaining playing as well.  Wouldn't have to use a scholarship with him
Like smites bother me.

-Blu

Quote from: ricepig on September 16, 2014, 01:40:42 pm
Well, not to throw cold water on this, but when does Kevaughn plan on signing? If he's a Nov guy, not much chance for KJ to work on him at practice as he will be playing football until at least Thanksgiving. Hopefully Kevaughn plans on signing in the spring.

^This right here.  Also, I've heard Anton Beard speak in an interview before Kevaughn committed that he had been working on getting him to be a hog, does Hill have a little bit more clout with Allen?

I hope we can get him to flip, but I just don't see it happening. My main reason for this thought is because Kevaughn has made it clear he wants to play PG in college, not interested in being a combo.  If he comes here he'll be competing for minutes at the PG spot with Durham, Beard, and Whitt will play some PG as well.  Just don't see him coming here to do that, because the majority of his minutes would be in that second or third guard spot. Now, if Coach A along with Hill's influence can persuade him he can be an NBA PG, without necessarily playing a "True PG" spot in college, then we may be on to something.

poloprince

We've moved on, being a  :razorback: isn't in the kid's heart. I can accept that, maybe others should also.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Paul

forrest city joe

I love me some KJ Hill. but the only person who can get Allen to flip is K. Allen. it has to be in his heart that he wants to be a Hog.

The_Iceman

Wish the kid would stay home and help Beard and Whitt take Arkansas back to the top.

The Recruiting Guy

Not to rain on anyone's parade but as of last week nothing was happening. Might change but as last week no.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 16, 2014, 06:44:44 pm
Not to rain on anyone's parade but as of last week nothing was happening. Might change but as last week no.
Thanks Richard. both sides seem to have moved on. you are just stating the truth.so no problem.

SemperFi

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 16, 2014, 06:44:44 pm

Bad RD! BAD!  ;)
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

benji

Don't we only have 2 spots next year, assuming no one leaves early? If so, would we be better off taking a forward/center vs a guard/wing?

forrest city joe

Quote from: benji on September 16, 2014, 08:16:43 pm
Don't we only have 2 spots next year, assuming no one leaves early? If so, would we be better off taking a forward/center vs a guard/wing?
Portis and Qualls are gone in my opinion. if we can get other players like Whit, take them. the numbers will work out.

Scott7703

We may not get Allen but there is a full court press being put on.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Scott7703 on September 16, 2014, 10:20:28 pm
We may not get Allen but there is a full court press being put on.
RD said as of last week nothing was happening. so where are you hearing this ?

immahog

My nephew is a JR at NLR an he says K.J Hill is "the big man on campus" EVERYBODY likes him an follows him not b/c he is a great football player but b/c he is a great person he says an I quote "he just has IT whatever IT is" he says the best part about him is he does not let it go to his head. Glad he is a HOG  WPS
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

The Hogfather

Quote from: immahog on September 17, 2014, 07:25:54 am
My nephew is a JR at NLR an he says K.J Hill is "the big man on campus" EVERYBODY likes him an follows him not b/c he is a great football player but b/c he is a great person he says an I quote "he just has IT whatever IT is" he says the best part about him is he does not let it go to his head. Glad he is a HOG  WPS

That's awesome.  That was my impression of him, without being around him at all.  Glad it seems to be true.

I heard him say something about getting Allen to come to Arkansas in an interview on the radio the day he committed.  I thought maybe there might be something to it.  Since it hasn't happened yet and he is still saying the same thing, I say this doesn't happen.

onebadrubi

The facts are, KJ and his family sat with Mike, his wife, and Jimmy Dykes during a recruiting visit.  Mike also knows KJ is close to Allen.  Two and two say that obviously a seed has been planted with KJ to work on Allen.  Now KJ is telling us this publicly, time will tell if it works. 

ArkansasI

That is the first film I've seen of KeVaughn.  The young man is a player - looks more like a 2-guard to me.

Love to see him play for the Hogs.  Would hate to see him on a conference foe.

Hawg Red

Quote from: benji on September 16, 2014, 08:16:43 pm

You take the best players you can and let the numbers work themselves out. As mentioned, Portis and Qualls could find themselves in the NBA draft next June.

However, I am not optimistic that KeVaughn will flip to Arkansas. But I also didn't think Beard was interested in Arkansas either, and he ended up a Hog.

The Recruiting Guy

Checked with a strong source that talked to Allen yesterday and nothing new to report.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 17, 2014, 09:49:00 am
Checked with a strong source that talked to Allen yesterday and nothing new to report.

Could you ask if you don't already know when he intending to sign?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 17, 2014, 10:37:27 am
Could you ask if you don't already know when he intending to sign?

It would be a shock if he didn't sign in November. There's really no reason for him not to.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ricepig

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on September 17, 2014, 10:45:40 am
It would be a shock if he didn't sign in November. There's really no reason for him not to.

That's why I said above, the only way this has any legs is if he holds off signing.

Dropkick

The thing I love about this is it shows how committed Hill is!

010HogFan

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 17, 2014, 09:49:00 am

I wouldn't expect anything new to report. This is all happening behind the scenes if it's happening at all.

intelligence

Posting lies like this should earn people an automatic vacation

texas tush hog

Quote from: edemire on September 16, 2014, 01:12:32 pm

There could be another game-changing talent coming to Arkansas from Florida. Although this time, it would come in the form of an Arkansan - not a Floridian. KeVaughn Allen, a top 50 national recruit in basketball, is a North Little Rock High School senior who has announced he's attending the University of Florida. K.J. Hill, Allen's teammate and also an elite recruit in football, has other ideas.

Hill, who recently committed to Arkansas, told Sync's Nate Olson he believes he can convince Allen to de-commit from Florida and become the latest high flyer to join Arkansas' program. ""It's on my mind. I think I can get him to come [to Arkansas]."When I go back to basketball I will talk to him even more," Hill said.

More http://bit.ly/1DfF4bT

The only problem is, that by the time K.J. goes back to basketball, it will be after the November early signing period. Don't get your hopes up, but it's worth a shot.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 17, 2014, 11:11:53 am
I wouldn't expect anything new to report. This is all happening behind the scenes if it's happening at all.

This source would know the behind the scenes

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

forrest city joe

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 17, 2014, 11:42:39 am
This source would know the behind the scenes
That's good enough for me Richard. thanks for the imfo.

BatesvilleHOG

I met KJ on the 4th of July when he came and bought some fireworks from my tent that I ran in Bryant. He was a very well spoken kid and loves thle Hogs. I'm glad he took a few minutes out of his day to answer a few questions from a nosey fan.

You can bet you're bottom dollar KJ is and will be in KeVaughns ear until he signs the dotted line.

mhuff

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 17, 2014, 09:34:03 am
You take the best players you can and let the numbers work themselves out. As mentioned, Portis and Qualls could find themselves in the NBA draft next June.

However, I am not optimistic that KeVaughn will flip to Arkansas. But I also didn't think Beard was interested in Arkansas either, and he ended up a Hog.

I believe the numbers will always work themselves out.

I have been optimistic that Allen would .change his mind. I believe it would be the turning point for instate talent staying home. I believe it would spread the table for the 2016 class. I will have my fingers crossed. Hill talking about it has my hopes up.

intelligence

Quote from: mhuff on September 17, 2014, 04:24:42 pm
I believe the numbers will always work themselves out.

I have been optimistic that Allen would .change his mind. I believe it would be the turning point for instate talent staying home. I believe it would spread the table for the 2016 class. I will have my fingers crossed. Hill talking about it has my hopes up.

My hopes are up to, but RD's comment doesn't seem to bode well. Its very likely that Hill is talking to Allen but that doesn't mean Allen is gonna flip. I really hope he does though

Letsroll1200

I hear all this great things about KJ Hill but the sad part about it is people would be bashing the kid if he decided to go somewhere else. Truth

yraciv

Quote from: ricepig on September 16, 2014, 01:40:42 pm

They are the star athletes at the same school.  I'm sure they still talk, even though one is in football and the other is in offseason basketball right now.  I don't know if there is a press being put on, but if there is, it's likely to have begun. 

WBC Hog

rusvegashog

popcornhog

Quote from: Hatleyville454 on September 16, 2014, 02:20:26 pm
You would think KJ is the biggest 5* to come out of the state in a long, long time the way he has influence over all these players. No matter what he's ranked, I love it and it shows that he could be a leader the day he walks out on the field.

Also, a class of Whitt, Allen, and Dime would be one heck of a haul and would set us up nicely for the next few years. Go get em young fella and Go Hogs!

I just asked about this with Ledbetter in another thread but where are you seeing him as a 5*?

I don't follow recruiting as closely as most in this forum -- what am I missing?

[attachment deleted by admin]
WPS