Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 12, 2024, 09:26:55 am

Winning out

Started by Arazorbackguy1, September 16, 2014, 12:16:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

When we win out, do we make the playoffs?  Let's just say we figured out that no team in the country can stop our power run game and we demolish every team in our way.   Does the Auburn game keep us from getting in the playoffs?  Keep in mind that they lose at least twice in my dream scenario.

Discuss
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

CallThemHawgs!

Its noon, you should have woken up by now...

swinemaster

If we won out and Auburn loses two in your scenario, we would be SEC champions.  Of course the SEC champion will be in the playoffs.

PorkRinds

When we win out this season, hell will have frozen over and the apocalypse will be near so it won't matter. 

Phil D

GO HOGS!!!!!!

BRHogfan

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on September 16, 2014, 12:16:05 pm
When we win out, do we make the playoffs?  Let's just say we figured out that no team in the country can stop our power run game and we demolish every team in our way.   Does the Auburn game keep us from getting in the playoffs?  Keep in mind that they lose at least twice in my dream scenario.

Discuss

No, Jeff Long being in charge of the committee means we can't be put into the playoffs due to a potential conflict of interest.  I think when he signed up for the gig he didn't realize we would be this good.

PonderinHog

Quote from: BRHogfan on September 16, 2014, 12:31:47 pm
No, Jeff Long being in charge of the committee means we can't be put into the playoffs due to a potential conflict of interest.  I think when he signed up for the gig he didn't realize we would be this good.
Then fire Jeff Long!  >:(

Hogsmo Kramer

In just so I can say I posted in the dumbest thread in Hogville history......well one of the dumbest.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

DLUXHOG

Well... It has been 50 years!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

earshot

This could not be more wrong. If being on this committee kept teams out, there wouldn't be an AD on it. ???

FreshHog

Discuss

Its obviously not going to happen... but as far as dream scenario.... YES we would be in.

Theres ZERO possible way the playoff committee leaves out an 11-1 SEC team, with their only loss being week 1 AT auburn....

Piggfoot

It's Hogville should you expect more?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

hoghelmet14

Discuss

Gotta Love His Optimism.....
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

HognVA

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 16, 2014, 12:20:34 pm
Its noon, you should have woken up by now...

He did....and started drinking heavily.

cosmodrum

You inhale silver or gold paint?
Go away, batin'

jmb1973

You sir, score zero points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

razorbackkid

If you don't pass that joint I'm gonna smite you.  ;)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

DLUXHOG

Discuss

Absolutely love your spirit !!   I'm with you... it has been 50 years!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Piggfoot on September 16, 2014, 02:43:40 pm
It's Hogville should you expect more?

I know I shouldn't, but I do... I really do...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

incHOGnito

With as weak as everyone but the PAC 12 and the SEC appear this year, I think we could realistically see a playoff with two teams from those conferences and the other conference champions left out. The Big XII champ needs to be undefeated to guarantee a spot, as they have been beaten up on out of the conference.  The two from the the B1G that were likely at the beginning of the season have already lost (OSU and Michigan State).  And the ACC needs Florida State to run the table, although they have the best chance of getting in with a lost because they won it last year.

If things play out like this, yes, I think if we won out, we could be a second team from the SEC. 

rzrbckfan83

;) ;) ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

PonderinHog

RunHogruN

With the hardest schedule in the country...you would think that they will make the playoff with just one loss.  Wouldn't you think?
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

Been10Hog

Quote from: RunHogruN on September 16, 2014, 04:04:44 pm
With the hardest schedule in the country...you would think that they will make the playoff with just one loss.  Wouldn't you think?
If we win out and Auburn wins out we get a rematch in the playoffs! Granted it is more likely I win the lottery, but with the toughest schedule in the country we would get a spot if we win out. ;D

Vantage 8 dude

Discuss
Dude, have you recently been to Colorado to load up on your "medical smokes"?! I mean as much as I'd love to dream about us "running the table" from here I think you need to significantly reign in your expectations for the remainder of the year. Let's just win enough to qualify for a decent bowl and I, along with at least 99% of the rest of HV, will be partying like it's 1999.

popcornhog

Quote from: earshot on September 16, 2014, 01:49:38 pm
This could not be more wrong. If being on this committee kept teams out, there wouldn't be an AD on it. ???

Wow. Right over your head.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: BorderPatrol on September 16, 2014, 03:01:21 pm
Oops, that one might have scooted right over your head.

bp

Haha. Precisely.
WPS

Hey folks, if we win every game the rest of the year and early into next, we'll win the NC.  And if the dog hadn't stopped to poop he would have caught the rabbit and if you hadn't stop to smell it, you would have seen the race.  The ifs are plentiful.

Jamie Jones

The question is only dumb because everyone should know that the SEC Champion will NEVER be left out of the top 4.

Don't ever let the naysayers rain on your optimism. Until the games are played, no one knows what the outcome will be. They only have reasoning to go off of. And if Auburn had listened to reasoning last year, they'd have missed out on the second best year they've had in the last half century.

You'll always get hammered here for being a homer. But I'd rather read the positive thinking than the bitching and negative thinking, any time! WPS
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Großer Kriegschwein

I think we'll knock somebody out of contention this year. Probably not win out and I'd like to say that stranger things have happened, but honestly, they haven't in 50 years.
This is my non-signature signature.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 16, 2014, 04:44:20 pm
I think we'll knock somebody out of contention this year. Probably not win out and I'd like to say that stranger things have happened, but honestly, they haven't in 50 years.
I agree.  we are going to play the roll of spoiler this year for a couple teams.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Jamie Jones on September 16, 2014, 04:34:46 pm
The question is only dumb because everyone should know that the SEC Champion will NEVER be left out of the top 4.

true, but the way this year is shaping up, I don't think anyone is going to make it out of the SEC unbeaten.

KennyForAD

Discuss

Long would keep us out just to protect his status as Captain Integrity.

WJBilly

TexArkHogFan

IF the Hogs were up for consideration, Long would have to recuse himself from all discussions.  The same as anybody else on the committee who has ties to a team that is under consideration.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

reddogjcss

I like your dream but I will be very happy with the Village Inn, Braums bowl! Lol

reddogjcss

Wild Bill Hog

hawg IQ

besides if the hogs made it , we would miss the whole first quarter seeing him being interviewed on the difficulties of how the process of the selection committee operates.
go hogs go !

KennyForAD

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on September 16, 2014, 05:36:40 pm
IF the Hogs were up for consideration, Long would have to recuse himself from all discussions.  The same as anybody else on the committee who has ties to a team that is under consideration.

He'd find a way... 

KennyForAD

Quote from: hawg IQ on September 16, 2014, 06:54:15 pm
besides if the hogs made it , we would miss the whole first quarter seeing him being interviewed on the difficulties of how the process of the selection committee operates.

By then, it'll at least be the first half, then they'd spend the third quarter on his integrity track record.

Pig Worshipper

If we win out, we make the NFL playoffs.

PorkSoda

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: jmb1973 on September 16, 2014, 03:35:03 pm
You sir, score zero points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

I appreciate the respect you've shown adding me to your troll list!
Let's make some waves.

Pig In The City

I love me some Hogs, now pass me that crack pipe bruda!

HogFanatic

Speaking of conflicts of interest...doesn't anyone else wonder why a politician is on the committee?

I was thinking about this earlier...it's like they lined up a bunch of shady folks to decide who was going to get the nod when the computer polls can't figure out who to send, the folks who are willing to pay the most get the nod.

Think Cam Newton...

LZH

Quote from: incHOGnito on September 16, 2014, 03:59:13 pm
With as weak as everyone but the PAC 12 and the SEC appear this year, I think we could realistically see a playoff with two teams from those conferences and the other conference champions left out. The Big XII champ needs to be undefeated to guarantee a spot, as they have been beaten up on out of the conference.  The two from the the B1G that were likely at the beginning of the season have already lost (OSU and Michigan State).  And the ACC needs Florida State to run the table, although they have the best chance of getting in with a lost because they won it last year.

If things play out like this, yes, I think if we won out, we could be a second team from the SEC. 

If I'm not mistaken, didn't they put in some provisions to prevent this from happening?