Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pretty good Highlight video of NIU VS Northwestern

Started by shotgun7, September 16, 2014, 11:18:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

shotgun7

Interesting note, they score their last 2 TD's within the last 7 mins. They have a couple big guys, but our lines should be able to dominate

Anyways, if anyone is interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUqu6kB8EYg

NIURedAndBlackAttack

Quote from: shotgun7 on September 16, 2014, 11:18:26 am
Interesting note, they score their last 2 TD's within the last 7 mins. They have a couple big guys, but our lines should be able to dominate

Our current starting QB also didn't play in that game until the 2nd half...

NIU8484

Yeah that first half made my eyes bleed...

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: NIURedAndBlackAttack on September 16, 2014, 11:24:25 am
Our current starting QB also didn't play in that game until the 2nd half...

He looked pretty darned good in those highlights.  I suspect our back 7 is going to be tested, and perhaps then some.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

PorkRinds

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 16, 2014, 11:29:47 am
He looked pretty darned good in those highlights.  I suspect our back 7 is going to be tested, and perhaps then some.

He makes Davis Webb look like garbage.

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

doesn't appear like Northwestern has any size... the NIU DL looked as big as their OL
PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

greenie

No running highlights...all passing.  Interesting.  I guess they'll try to throw the ball on Saturday.   :o

Biggus Piggus

Across the Oline, Northwestern goes

LT 6-6, 315, LG 6-5, 305, C 6-3, 310, RG 6-4, 295, RT 6-6, 285

The right side is kinda scrawny.

NU seems big enough on defense. Ya gotta think they have speed issues though.
[CENSORED]!

The_Iceman

Calling All Hogs

I must admit that over the shoulder interception by NIU was impressive!

The Hogfather

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 16, 2014, 11:46:41 am
Across the Oline, Northwestern goes

LT 6-6, 315, LG 6-5, 305, C 6-3, 310, RG 6-4, 295, RT 6-6, 285

NU seems big enough on defense. Ya gotta think they have speed issues though.

Big 10ish?

regi

Northwestern is 0 for the season so far after going 4-8 last season. not really sure you get much out of that. UNLV was blown out by Arizona while giving up 787 yards of offense and their lone win was 13-12 over FCS Northern Colorado. Again, not sure what you get out of that. Arkansas should roll this weekend. I will be very shocked if that is not the case.

Nosboar Accubond

Thanks for that - looks like NIU's offense really picked up in the 2nd half when their new QB came in

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 16, 2014, 11:50:06 am
Big 10ish?

Actually the more I look into them, the more it appears they don't really have speed issues. The safeties appear to be more run defenders though. Good matchup against the Hogs for that.
[CENSORED]!

Fayettechill14

That receiver, Brown, is pretty good. Carroll Washington is gonna need to stick with him.

The lead the NCAA in rushing attempts per game (62) although they are quite a bit lower on YPC than we are. From what I've seen of them, they move up-tempo (lots of plays) and run, run, run, and run before tossing over the top. They hit a few bombs against NW and UNLV.

For comparison, against FBS competition (NW, UNLV) they've run on 70% of snaps. In our FBS games (Aub, TT) we've run on 68%.

lefty08

We are gonna drill these guys
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

chaz

AR 70
the other guy 14
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

shotgun7

HOGINTENNESSEE

NIU is a well coached team that won't beat themselves and won't be overwhelmed by how big this game is.

Sow Lancelot

My question is how deep is their defensive front and LBs. Anyone know?
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Pig Worshipper

NIU us a good team. If we steamroll these guys, rest assured, we will be a bowl team. I'm thinking something more along the lines of a two-touchdown victory (and both teams make it to post-season bowls).

Boarcephus

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 16, 2014, 11:46:41 am
RG 6-4, 295, RT 6-6, 285

You know times have changed when 6-4, 295 and 6-6, 285 is considered scrawny.  ;)
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Pork Twain

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 16, 2014, 11:32:06 am
He makes Davis Webb look like garbage.
Gotta look at who he is playing and what the game situation is as well.  Easy to look really good vs certain teams
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

scruf

NIU fans, like TTU fans, seem pretty nice and knowledgeable but I think we're letting them off easy if we don't think that this week's game will be a repeat of last week's game, at least from a physical standpoint, as well as on the scoreboard. We may pass a little bit more. They may run a little bit less. In the end, I'd be surprised if it wasn't 50-60 to 10-20. TTU was just a preview of how Arkansas will manhandle weaker teams from here on out.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Boarcephus on September 18, 2014, 06:09:24 am
You know times have changed when 6-4, 295 and 6-6, 285 is considered scrawny.  ;)

I guess they have been changed for, what, 20 years? When did Freddie Childress play?
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on September 17, 2014, 01:05:30 pm
Thanks for that - looks like NIU's offense really picked up in the 2nd half when their new QB came in

That means something. Maybe their offense is a lot better now. But also there was a reason why this kid didn't start the first two games, and I hope the Hogs uncover it.
[CENSORED]!

Boarcephus

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 18, 2014, 07:52:51 am
I guess they have been changed for, what, 20 years? When did Freddie Childress play?

Freddie was in the 330 range but his center went 6-3, 280 and Mabry was an AA OT and went 6-4, 262.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Shack66

Quote from: lefty08 on September 18, 2014, 05:54:57 am
Not  deep enough

We're deep at LB, but not deep in the trench and very green. Have a few DEs that rotate. Ones to watch are Mehan and Ford on the ends and Lee in the middle.

DeltaBoy

Hogs beat the Brakes off NIU this week. If they go 8-10 in the Box BA will play pitch catch and run all day long.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TechHog

They will have to blitz to get pressure on Allen.  Won't be able to get home with 4  against our oline.   I see this one getting ugly in the second half for the huskies.

GuvHog

Quote from: Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424) on September 16, 2014, 11:38:10 am
doesn't appear like Northwestern has any size... the NIU DL looked as big as their OL

Northwestern is horrible. It's questionable as to whether they are any better than Nichols State so I wouldn't read too much into those highlights.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The NewEra