Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shawn Andrews joins us in the studio

Started by Wess Moore, September 16, 2014, 11:01:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wess Moore

for Game On today from 11-12.  I'm sure we'll talk a lot about the offensive line and running game.  You can listen to 93.3 The Source, tune in radio app, or 933thesource.com.

HogMantheIntruder

Hey Wes, do you guys have an app so I can listen on my iphone?  I can get Bo's show but I don't know how to get yours.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Hogfan1660

Ash

OLDHOG

Really enjoy listening to your show, Wess. Thanks.

WizardofhOgZ

Recap, anyone, for those of us who could not listen?

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on September 16, 2014, 01:28:40 pm
Recap, anyone, for those of us who could not listen?
THIS ^^^^

I am very curious to know his opinion on our O-line.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

jmb1973

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Wess Moore

Shawn was great as always.  He loved what he saw against Texas Tech.  He sees an offensive line that's starting to work as a unit.  Shawn also thought they were much more aggressive than they've been in the past. 

I asked him which lineman sticks out and he likes Skipper... said he looked like a bouncer throwing a kid out at the bar on the now famous vine.  I told him some are comparing Denver Kirkland to him.  He was flattered and hoped Kirkland turns out better than him.  He said Denver needs to get a bigger push on all the plays, not just the majority of the plays.

Shawn loves the Hogs and says he can't decide to put on the pads again or 'call the hogs' when the game begins.

DeltaBoy

Love that boy and hated I was home sick and spent the day sleeping.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

1highhog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 16, 2014, 10:09:21 pm
Love that boy and hated I was home sick and spent the day sleeping.

So is Andrews no longer playing in the NFL? 

By the way to those taking cheap shots at a former all time great Razorback, it's very childish to make fun of someone's illness or health issues just to try to get a laugh.  Whether you think Shawn had sinus problems or not, you must remember, he does have a very serious health disorder, and may have used the other to cover that up at the time, regardless, it's not our right to judge.  All I know is that he was a great representative for the Razorbacks and I along with I'm sure many others enjoyed his play on the hill.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: 1highhog on September 17, 2014, 06:57:54 am
So is Andrews no longer playing in the NFL? 

He retired in 2011 due to persistent back pain.

By the way, here's an interesting article about him that pertains to the "bullying" issue with the Dolphins last year.

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/local/essayworks/62164-shawn-andrews-bullying-case-does-the-nfl-hate-oddballs

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Wess Moore on September 16, 2014, 05:54:50 pm
Shawn was great as always.  He loved what he saw against Texas Tech.  He sees an offensive line that's starting to work as a unit.  Shawn also thought they were much more aggressive than they've been in the past. 

I asked him which lineman sticks out and he likes Skipper... said he looked like a bouncer throwing a kid out at the bar on the now famous vine.  I told him some are comparing Denver Kirkland to him.  He was flattered and hoped Kirkland turns out better than him.  He said Denver needs to get a bigger push on all the plays, not just the majority of the plays.

Shawn loves the Hogs and says he can't decide to put on the pads again or 'call the hogs' when the game begins.

I listened most of the time while Shawn was on and he did great.  Very knowledgeable without coming off as a know it all.  You could tell he was excited about the direction of the program.  What O-line guy wouldn't be.  He was very self deprecating and humble as well.  When he was asked about the comparisons to Kirkland he actually said he wish he would have been in better shape during his playing days and could have been better that's why he said he hoped Denver turns out even better.  He also made a crack that the worst thing Nutt told him was food was available all day and that he would bring doggie bags back to his room.

Wess what is Shawn up to these days.  Has he ever expressed a desire to get into coaching? 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Wess Moore

Quote from: jmb1973 on September 16, 2014, 03:39:13 pm
Did you provide snacks?
Shawn is actually in the best shape of his life.  He looked like he could play today.  He apparently is very healthy and has a very healthy diet.

Wess Moore

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 17, 2014, 10:19:21 am

Wess what is Shawn up to these days.  Has he ever expressed a desire to get into coaching? 
Shawn is married and has a son in the first grade.  I don't know his financial situation but I believe he did a great job of saving his money.  He would enjoy helping kids in football but I don't think he would want a full time gig.  Shawn seems to be very happy and enjoying life.

1highhog

Quote from: Wess Moore on September 17, 2014, 01:05:05 pm
Shawn is married and has a son in the first grade.  I don't know his financial situation but I believe he did a great job of saving his money.  He would enjoy helping kids in football but I don't think he would want a full time gig.  Shawn seems to be very happy and enjoying life.

I'm very proud of Shawn, I'm glad he got to play as long as he did and as long as he saved well he'll be set for life, besides, he'll have his NFL pension to.  He came across as a very humble, well spoken young man.  I enjoyed following his career and I'm glad to see that he keeps up with the Razorbacks still.

Does anyone know if former players get to go to the games free, like go down on the sidelines and watch the games?  That would be nice if they were able to, Shawn Andrews, Felix Jones, DMac, Peyton Hillis, etc.