Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

The_Iceman

phadedhawg

Beautiful....

It was awesome in person...

Think I might watch that all day

Hook 'em Hogs

Geeze, Tech's #3 looks foolish on that play  ::)

TechHog

He's faster this year too, but his vision is what sets him apart.  That's something you're born with.

Calling All Hogs

Getting punched in the mouth football does wear out a defense. Alex just bumps #3 and he falls to the ground.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 16, 2014, 11:30:28 am
Getting punched in the mouth football does wear out a defense. Alex just bumps #3 and he falls to the ground.
Agreed.  Do you think he slowed up a little at the end?  Or were their D-backs able to catch up to him?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Poppa Tart on September 16, 2014, 11:42:35 am
Agreed.  Do you think he slowed up a little at the end?  Or were their D-backs able to catch up to him?
I think Alex starts slowing up after passing the 10 yard line and especially the last 5 yards.

BorderPatrol

Looks like that Arkansas State player playing dead.

bp

TheGunther

In the post game he said himself he was gassed and would probably be in conditioning drills over the weekend...
everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

Jon Ham

Arinze was running in circles trying to find anyone to block. lol.

Tusks

I think he was laying there until yesterday.

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on September 16, 2014, 11:25:28 am
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogsanity

Quote from: Jon Ham on September 16, 2014, 11:58:47 am
Arinze was running in circles trying to find anyone to block. lol.

I had not noticed that, but yea he looked like one of those players on the electric football games that just start spinning around. Of course, if I was wearing one of those black shirts, and had been abused for 3 quarters already, I would run away from anything in a white shirt too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

WILL CLINTON

My favorite part was after Skipper had demolished his man, when he saw AC break out towards the goal line, he put his head down to run after him. After that MMA move video surfaced, and now this, he is quickly becoming one of my favs on this team.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Dirty

hogsanity

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 16, 2014, 12:32:18 pm
My favorite part was after Skipper had demolished his man, when he saw AC break out towards the goal line, he put his head down to run after him. After that MMA move video surfaced, and now this, he is quickly becoming one of my favs on this team.

Best thing DS did all day was when BA scrambled, slid, and took a shot ( and I think the DB did all he could to pull up ), DS was right in his face, and I don't think he said anything, his mere 6'10" presence said it all.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawgsalot

Quote from: Poppa Tart on September 16, 2014, 11:42:35 am

Oh he put some distance on them and then ran out of gas.  When he got to the bench he was gassed, almost to gassed to do his and jwill's little dance.

gmarv

AC is DA man.I,v e  loved this kid every since his signind day disaster, that he handled with such class.

DallasHogFan

Love Skipper in the second level then lowering his head and sprinting with AC to go dance in the end zone. Skipper is very quickly becoming a favorite Hog of mine.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

Uncle SI

I loved how Skipper followed him most of the way. Crazy that an o- lineman was the second razorback to congratulate him.
:razorback:
First time, long time, great topic, love the show.

PonderinHog

He needs to limit his long TD runs to under sixty yards.

razorbackkid

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 16, 2014, 03:19:42 pm
After this coming weekend they will be harder to come by for sure.  He has the potential to break one at any time though.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: DallasHogFan on September 16, 2014, 01:47:41 pm
Love Skipper in the second level then lowering his head and sprinting with AC to go dance in the end zone. Skipper is very quickly becoming a favorite Hog of mine.

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 16, 2014, 12:32:18 pm

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!! HAha
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Nice.  Can someone add like 5 feet of hair to AC and let it flow in the wind?

Pigsknuckles

Didn't seem to affect the corner that almost ran him down. I know Alex was gassed, but he needed 3 more strong strides.

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 16, 2014, 03:19:42 pm

Yep, AC is  quick and elusive in traffic. Just doesn't have that top gear.

(Was screaming like a maniac during that run :) )
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Jackrabbit Hog

I know this will sound corny, but one of my favorite things about either J-Will or Alex scoring is watching the two of them together on the sideline right afterward.  You can tell it's no act; each one is genuinely happy for the other one.

Love teammates like that.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ReversePart34

I think he has plenty of top gear....the 175-180 lb corner wasn't close to catching him until he basically stopped running. He's 210-215lbs and I'd say he's plenty fast enough.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Amityvillehogger

Bet he doesn't slow up again because I'm sure it was addressed this week :D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 16, 2014, 11:44:59 am
I think Alex starts slowing up after passing the 10 yard line and especially the last 5 yards.
YEP and Coach will talk to him about it, Sprint through the Goal line.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MissippHog

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on September 16, 2014, 03:37:43 pm
Didn't seem to affect the corner that almost ran him down. I know Alex was gassed, but he needed 3 more strong strides.

Yep, AC is  quick and elusive in traffic. Just doesn't have that top gear.

(Was screaming like a maniac during that run :) )
Oh, you must be referring to that gear that allows you to run 80 yard TD's.   ::)

Uberanubis

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on September 16, 2014, 11:25:28 am

that was a great stiff arm. that's why he is a 5 star.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: TechHog on September 16, 2014, 11:28:08 am
He's faster this year too

I think so, too.  Good job by coaching staff, but most credit goes to him.  That takes hard work and discipline.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: MissippHog on September 16, 2014, 10:34:56 pm
Oh, you must be referring to that gear that allows you to run 80 yard TD's.   ::)

Not a dis, just an observation. Great play, but that corner came off a block on the far side, and covered more ground, faster than AC. When the time comes, you can bet the pro scouts will notice that too.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Uberanubis on September 16, 2014, 10:42:08 pm
that was a great stiff arm. that's why he is a 5 star.
Pretty sure he was a 4 star.  Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  Regardless, he sure plays like a 5 star. 
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

trippigs

Just incredible. He is a complete package and about as good as it comes. His vision, strength, balance, patience, quickness, speed, heart, etc is off the charts. And he hands the ball to the ref to top it all off!

HogsInaBlanket

Quote from: Poppa Tart on September 17, 2014, 01:29:19 pm
Pretty sure he was a 4 star.  Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  Regardless, he sure plays like a 5 star.

5 star

HogShat

Was that Derby right behind him? On Hatchers long run against Nicole State, Derby had to check up for Hatcher to pass him. He's got pretty good wheels for a big guy. Looking again it may have been Hollister.

MissippHog

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on September 17, 2014, 09:48:25 am
Not a dis, just an observation. Great play, but that corner came off a block on the far side, and covered more ground, faster than AC. When the time comes, you can bet the pro scouts will notice that too.
A 185 lb. corner should be able to run down a RB.  I can remember many times where DMAC was horse-collared.  Didn't hurt him on draft day.