Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This can't hurt our South Florida Recruiting

Started by sowmonella, September 16, 2014, 09:22:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ShadowTheHedgehog

Nice find +1, and I agree this is good PR for the Hogs in an area we try to hit every year.

forrest city joe

What is going to help recruiting is South Florida is the unreal production of players like Alex Collins and Denver Kirkland.both were freshmen All-Americans last year. and both are playing like All-Americans this year. south Florida players will see this.

The_Iceman

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 16, 2014, 10:13:37 am
What is going to help recruiting is South Florida is the unreal production of players like Alex Collins and Denver Kirkland.both were freshmen All-Americans last year. and both are playing like All-Americans this year. south Florida players will see this.

It will also be nice for players like Cornelius Floyd, Anthony Brown, and Randy Ramsey start developing and making plays on Defense. Same for Kendrick Edwards and JoJo Robinson on offense. If they see Florida players getting featured at Arkansas and helping the program win, it will start a ripple effect.

forrest city joe

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 16, 2014, 10:15:46 am
It will also be nice for players like Cornelius Floyd, Anthony Brown, and Randy Ramsey start developing and making plays on Defense. Same for Kendrick Edwards and JoJo Robinson on offense. If they see Florida players getting featured at Arkansas and helping the program win, it will start a ripple effect.
Right on the money.Anthony Brown and Floyd, are helping this year. Ramsey and JoJo may both red shirt. but they are going to be studs.

SemperFi

Awesome article! This is exaclty the stuff that this team, our program, needs to continue their rise in the SEC. I know that we've still got a long climb, but to compete at this high of level and to have a chance to win any game that they play in is huge for the future of our program. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

OLDHOG

Vantage 8 dude

We're knocking on the door (from the standpoint of being competitive), now it's time to kick in the door with both feet and begin taking some of our SEC brethren out behind the wood shed and administer the same kind of whipping we've had to endure over the past couple of seasons. While we obviously still have a long way to go the terrific publicity we've gotten from "talking heads", newspapers and even announcers covering the TT game the other day HAS to be "nothing but net" for our recruiting efforts.

WriterWrong

When I saw this, I figured, "They just put it in there because it talks about Collins and/or Kirkland. They're hometown guys. Just giving them some love."

But, that's not the case because the article doesn't mention either of those players. I'm sure it's still in there because of those two guys, but it kind of just feels like a normal article about the Hogs that the Herald wanted to run.

Either way, it's good for the program.

NLRHog92

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 16, 2014, 10:25:21 am
Right on the money.Anthony Brown and Floyd, are helping this year. Ramsey and JoJo may both red shirt. but they are going to be studs.

You obviously haven't been keeping up. You have it backwards. First two likely RS. Ramsey has already played and been a factor this year and JoJo will get in as soon as his foot heals.

Razorpigg

Quote from: NLRHog92 on September 16, 2014, 03:48:54 pm
You obviously haven't been keeping up. You have it backwards. First two likely RS. Ramsey has already played and been a factor this year and JoJo will get in as soon as his foot heals.

Brown has played already...

incHOGnito

I wonder if there has been any thought given to trying to schedule USF out of conference. Even under Petrino, we never treated out of conference opponents to the type of whooping that the likes of LSU and Bama routinely dole out.  Under Bielema, however, I foresee domination of lesser out of conference opponents to the point that I am not concerned about scheduling more respectable OOC games.  I think that an OOC in Texas and one in Florida should be every year occurrences.  Wouldn't mind even picking up a Rice or Houston (obviously as home-home) to gain a little more exposure in Texas.

thefisher

I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Rocket23

Think it is wild the Miami Herald picked up an Arkansas AP story.  That is nice pub.  Voight is the writer that wrote the book about Springdale's team the year Mustain, Williams and the others were seniors.

TMc

Quote from: NLRHog92 on September 16, 2014, 03:48:54 pm

JoJo may RS.., they are discussing this week.  It does depend on how he's coming along.., but if he's not healing up quickly- he's headed for a RS.

Hoggish1

I'm having fun again, too.  We all need to have fun...!

Hawgzinbowlz

HawgnCorona

In a conversation on ESPN today, discussing the number of top ten SEC schools, Arkansas was also mentioned as a team to keep an eye on.

That said the conversation about Arkansas is newsworthy because of what we have been through the last 2yrs. It is a great story...

As long as we keep winning and winning as we did last week expect the conversation to grow even more.

So yes it can help recruiting but not just in S. Florida. Because it is a national discussion/conversation. #WPS!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Hogfaniam

Our best recruiter in Florida is Will Muschamp
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Hawgzinbowlz

Our train wreck, and emergence, is a fascinating storyline...locally, regionally and nationally.
Our winning will feed the conversation.
CBBs profile won't hurt...as long as we keep winning.
Specific South Florida exposure can only help.

" GO HOGS "

TMc

Quote from: Hogfaniam on September 17, 2014, 07:34:06 am
Our best recruiter in Florida is Will Muschamp

No doubt.., let's hope they don't fire him.  If they get the right coach in there.., they will go back to being Florida.

Razorfox

I think it's great that it made the paper and all.  But how many high school kids (jocks) are reading the newspaper down there? 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Razorfox on September 17, 2014, 04:12:40 pm
I think it's great that it made the paper and all.  But how many high school kids (jocks) are reading the newspaper down there?
Well some good pub is certainly better than none (or bad) at all.