Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-state...hilarious

Started by Pyotr Tchaikhogsky, September 16, 2014, 08:11:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 16, 2014, 02:12:28 pm
Did anyone else see the video a few years ago of the high school basketball team that had one of it's players get on his hands and knees in the corner of the court and bark like a dog while the rest of the team inbounded and scored uncontested? 

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

atekido

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

TheGreatHogsby

BPsTheMan

Arkansas State has a really stupid coach

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 16, 2014, 07:40:19 pm
Arkansas State has a really stupid coach

And yet at seasons end he will still likely lead his team to a better record than your windbreaker wearing fat boy will the pigs.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 16, 2014, 08:01:55 pm
And yet at seasons end he will still likely lead his team to a better record than your windbreaker wearing fat boy will the pigs.
Yet nobody will go see your crappy team play. That's why they give tickets out for free begging people to come watch. Nobody wants to watch a high school team play on Saturday. Better crowds show up for Friday games more than asu games.

BPsTheMan

possibly, since your conference is made up of 1-AA's and teams who didn't have football a few years ago

Dr. Starcs

Used to be a guy on here who had an avatar of a basketball team running a football play for their tip-off. Anyone know where I can find that?

redeye

Quote from: Lanny on September 16, 2014, 10:40:56 am
This has been posted several time but that has to be the worst attempt at trickery in a football game I've ever seen.

I'm still going with Auburn's last year.

Medic821

hog.goblin

Quote from: Lanny on September 16, 2014, 10:40:56 am
This has been posted several time but that has to be the worst attempt at trickery in a football game I've ever seen. 

Reggie Herring's 2nd straight fake punt attempt comes to mind...

Pigdiana Jones

Don't let St. Gus the hypocrite see this.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 16, 2014, 05:56:34 pm
What if the next time is a REAL heart attack?  Will anyone come to his aid?  Remember the boy who cried "red wolf?"  Me neither...

Not to worry.  He can transfer to Auburn where the staff are always prepared to ask for official timeout for their fainting players.

Heck, Gus is probably the one who taught him how to do it.

LZH

Welp, let's just say that whatever cool points that may have been lingering around Jonesboro last year from Gus' 2012 sleep-over.....are now officially gone.

GolfNut57

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on September 16, 2014, 08:22:05 pm
Yet nobody will go see your crappy team play. That's why they give tickets out for free begging people to come watch. Nobody wants to watch a high school team play on Saturday. Better crowds show up for Friday games more than asu games.

Crappy team? ASU with back to back bowl wins..........something NO Arkansas razorback team has EVER done in their entire history. And ASU averaged over 25,000 last year for their home games. Be sure and let me know what arkansas high school teams do that. But keep dragging out the same lame bs insults to put ASU down. It really shows your originality and intelligence.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 16, 2014, 08:31:22 pm
possibly, since your conference is made up of 1-AA's and teams who didn't have football a few years ago

Guess losing to ULM still stings huh?

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 16, 2014, 10:16:04 pm
Crappy team? ASU with back to back bowl wins..........something NO Arkansas razorback team has EVER done in their entire history. And ASU averaged over 25,000 last year for their home games. Be sure and let me know what arkansas high school teams do that. But keep dragging out the same lame bs insults to put ASU down. It really shows your originality and intelligence.

If the Hogs ever play in the GoDaddy.com Bowl three years in a row, I'll give up and become a soccer fan. Oh wait, the GoDaddy Bowl is a set-aside for two inferior conferences.
[CENSORED]!

GolfNut57

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 16, 2014, 10:19:56 pm
If the Hogs ever play in the GoDaddy.com Bowl three years in a row, I'll give up and become a soccer fan. Oh wait, the GoDaddy Bowl is a set-aside for two inferior conferences.

yeah.......ok....after the last couple years I don't think the pigs can be choosy about any bowl.

shotgun7

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 16, 2014, 05:56:34 pm
What if the next time is a REAL heart attack?  Will anyone come to his aid?  Remember the boy who cried "red wolf?"  Me neither...

No one came to his aid this time, don't look like anyone even paid him any attention... though he got up pretty quick. Can't believe they would try anything so ridiculous. What were they going to do if it worked? let them go through the whole production and cart him off the field?

SpanHog

proud graduate of the U of A 2013

Pig in the Pokey

:puke: :puke: :razorback:
Quote from: hog.goblin on September 16, 2014, 09:01:30 pm
Reggie Herring's 2nd straight fake punt attempt comes to mind...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Tim

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 16, 2014, 05:21:34 pm
Don't blame you I can't stand lilly liveried cowards myself. This yellow bellies are going to stop playing UCA after 2016. Claim it will hurt their power rating. Those gutless wonders.

We all know it is because they are yellow to the core don't we.
Irony. 

wildwolf

Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 16, 2014, 10:45:27 pm
yeah.......ok....after the last couple years I don't think the pigs can be choosy about any bowl.
I would imagine that most hog fans would give their pork ribs to play in any bowl, why, even the "lowly" Independence Bowl, a bowl that was created due to A-State's undefeated season of 1975.

OneLardAlmighty

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000395662/article/arkansas-state-player-fakes-collapse-on-fake-punt.

It's too bad ASU didn't think of this play before they changed their name to 'Red Wolves.'  'Fainting Goats' would've been a much more creative option, and it would have trumped  the UA and 'Razorbacks' as the most unique mascot in college football.

Perhaps it's not too late to change it again.

Two Socks

Obviously the fake death was a ploy to get on top plays during Sports Center after the punter threw the touchdown off the fake.   However the punter messed it up by muffing the pass.

Biggus Piggus

It would suck to be shackled to a meaningless bowl regardless of your record. Why even have a football program? It's a hobby.
[CENSORED]!

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: OneLardAlmighty on September 17, 2014, 10:05:18 am
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000395662/article/arkansas-state-player-fakes-collapse-on-fake-punt.

It's too bad ASU didn't think of this play before they changed their name to 'Red Wolves.'  'Fainting Goats' would've been a much more creative option, and it would have trumped  the UA and 'Razorbacks' as the most unique mascot in college football.

Perhaps it's not too late to change it again.
'The ASU Fainting Goats to appear in the Sun Belch Go Diddley Dot Com Bowl with a new coach.'
The repeating headline is already written.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 17, 2014, 01:22:06 pm
It would suck to be shackled to a meaningless bowl regardless of your record. Why even have a football program? It's a hobby.
I don't think they are shackled to any of the bowls their conference has contracts with. Know under Malzahn they were ready to accept an invitation to the Liberty Bowl if offered, and almost were.

Actually I think most people find football anywhere outside the SEC West fun. Inside the SEC West, not so much.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 17, 2014, 03:30:17 pm
I don't think they are shackled to any of the bowls their conference has contracts with. Know under Malzahn they were ready to accept an invitation to the Liberty Bowl if offered, and almost were.

Actually I think most people find football anywhere outside the SEC West fun. Inside the SEC West, not so much.

You don't think it's fun playing in the best division in college football? I enjoy it very much, we may not have the success we wish every year, but it's better than playing in the weakest conference in ESPN's conference power rankings.

hawkhawg

Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 16, 2014, 10:16:04 pm

We are not the ones trolling on another teams message board.  Remember in the worst year in the history of our program we still beat your conference champs by 20. 

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hawkhawg on September 17, 2014, 04:05:13 pm
We are not the ones trolling on another teams message board.  Remember in the worst year in the history of our program we still beat your conference champs by 20. 

Arkansas State football is a hobby. The Legislature should make it illegal for a state-funded university to funnel budget dollars into athletics. The inability of an athletic program to self-finance should be its death knell.
[CENSORED]!

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: hog_fan86 on September 16, 2014, 08:45:56 am

Didn't see this posted anywhere, sorry if repost.

https://vine.co/v/OaVnUztllaW

How many times did it take for you to see it?

It's a new offense.  Called the HUPD.....(Hurry Up & Play Dead)

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

KaysFieldTouchdown

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 17, 2014, 05:05:07 pm
Arkansas State football is a hobby. The Legislature should make it illegal for a state-funded university to funnel budget dollars into athletics. The inability of an athletic program to self-finance should be its death knell.

So the UA should have the only athletic dept in the state?

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on September 17, 2014, 03:48:56 pm
You don't think it's fun playing in the best division in college football? I enjoy it very much, we may not have the success we wish every year, but it's better than playing in the weakest conference in ESPN's conference power rankings.
No problem but I'm glad Tennessee, and Vandy are in the SEC East.

A-State and UCA are where they need to be to have a shot at winning consistently, which makes their fans happy.

Glad to see three of the four Arkansas D1 fan bases are happy.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 17, 2014, 06:13:43 pm
No problem but I'm glad Tennessee, and Vandy are in the SEC East.

A-State and UCA are where they need to be to have a shot at winning consistently, which makes their fans happy.

Glad to see three of the four Arkansas D1 fan bases are happy.

Why are you happy they are in the East, you know, you're not a fan of any team, really shouldn't matter to you??

Sivad

Faking a heart attack death on the field.
ASU thought that was smart?

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: KaysFieldTouchdown on September 17, 2014, 05:14:53 pm
So the UA should have the only athletic dept in the state?
Well the UA is the only one that matters.

thebignasty

Quote from: wildwolf on September 16, 2014, 10:04:57 am
Every coaching staff looks at film on an opponent's trick plays. And, you doubt this?

I don't think I said anything that indicated doubt that other teams would see this.  I believe what I actually said is that upon viewing this, opposing teams would tremble in fear.  In fact, they will probably stare sadly at the floor, muttering quietly 'How are we going to contend with that?'  Many teams will likely forfeit.  I'm not sure why you're defensive, I'm merely acknowledging the clear tactical superiority that is redpup foosball.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 17, 2014, 05:05:07 pm

That comment is so stupid it doesn't even deserve a reply but I will say this anyway. So the U of A is the only college in the entire state that should have an athletic program? Like I said before, a really stupid comment.

GolfNut57

Quote from: hawkhawg on September 17, 2014, 04:05:13 pm

No ASU fan here is "trolling". YOUR fellow pig fans have made several threads about the same trick play ASU ran last week on here and are using it to deride ASU. So ASU fans aren't allowed to come here and defend the Red Wolves? Blow that out your butt! If you don't want ASU fans coming here to comment on it then try this. Don't post any threads about ASU on here. See how easy that is?

btw, you only beat one of the two CO Champs. You didn't beat ASU, who was also a Co Champ last year for reasons that have been kicked to death.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on September 17, 2014, 07:27:21 pm
Well the UA is the only one that matters.
There are some hard core Boll Weevil fans that would disagree with you.

Justifiable Hogicide

hawkhawg

Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 18, 2014, 12:28:18 am
No ASU fan here is "trolling".

That first quote of yours sounds like a troll to me. 

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on September 17, 2014, 06:29:15 pm
Why are you happy they are in the East, you know, you're not a fan of any team, really shouldn't matter to you??
Right about not being a fan of any team.

What is funny is if you asked anyone that knows me, or any member of my family (including my wife) they would swear that I'm a Tennessee fan, and as a result I have a closet full of Vol garb.

My wife has decorated our exercise room with all things orange, and Tennessee.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 18, 2014, 03:57:19 pm
Right about not being a fan of any team.

What is funny is if you asked anyone that knows me, or any member of my family (including my wife) they would swear that I'm a Tennessee fan, and as a result I have a closet full of Vol garb.

My wife has decorated our exercise room with all things orange, and Tennessee.

It's 2014, it's OK for you to come out of the closet, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Sweet Feet

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 16, 2014, 09:17:39 am
We'd beat them by 35+
I dont think broyles or the UA powers think so. Been like that for 70 years

Sweet Feet

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on September 16, 2014, 08:22:05 pm
aint it funny UA is afraid of that "high school"? Hilarious to me

ricepig

Quote from: Sweet Feet on September 18, 2014, 05:33:05 pm
aint it funny UA is afraid of that "high school"? Hilarious to me

You seem confused with, not worth the time, and scared, that what's hilarious.