Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-state...hilarious

Started by Pyotr Tchaikhogsky, September 16, 2014, 08:11:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Speedracer

Like smites bother me.

PorkRinds

Really? ASU?  That may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

PonderinHog

Was that guy that fell down "injured?"  Seems like I've seen that before...

rzrbaxfan

jgphillips3

Well, it did freeze his guy.  Problem was, the ball didn't go anywhere near there.  In fact, there was no one near where the ball wound up.  Weird, bad play...but amusing.

hog_fan86

Didn't see this posted anywhere, sorry if repost.

https://vine.co/v/OaVnUztllaW

How many times did it take for you to see it?

Shorttimer

SB Nation has obviously forgotten about the fake punt negated by timeout followed by fake punt fiasco executed by Interim Head Coach Code Pink in the Cotton Bowl.

greenie

The feigned death which had no effect is embarrassing, as is the pass over the middle to no one.  Something Gus left in the toolbox for them?  :-)

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: greenie on September 16, 2014, 08:59:35 am
The feigned death which had no effect is embarrassing, as is the pass over the middle to no one.  Something Gus left in the toolbox for them?  :-)

Already has transfer paperwork filled out!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

rljjr

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Boardon Hamsay

"Alright fellas, just like we drew it up in practice. You keel over dead and everyone else run a go route."
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

The_Iceman

greenie

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on September 16, 2014, 09:14:53 am
"Alright fellas, just like we drew it up in practice. You keel over dead and everyone else run a go route."

Now that is funny!!

secneahog

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on September 16, 2014, 09:14:53 am

Lol. +1
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Biggus Piggus

What was the keel-over supposed to accomplish? To whom was he throwing? I am mystified.
[CENSORED]!

greenie

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 16, 2014, 09:22:05 am
What was the keel-over supposed to accomplish? To whom was he throwing? I am mystified.

I think his intended receiver keeled over.  Tragic.

astate

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 16, 2014, 09:17:39 am
We'd beat them by 35+
Since UA won't play. The world will never know.

wildwolf

Quote from: hog_fan86 on September 16, 2014, 08:45:56 am

It was weird. A-State ran the fake punt against Tennessee and it gained 20+ yards for a first down. The punter threw both of these passes. Unfortunately, he had a wide open receiver behind the two Miami D-Backs, but threw it short. Otherwise, it would have been a TD. Don't know what the "dead man" part was. This play had nothing to do with Malzahn. It was from Coach Anderson's playbook.

tannerstahl

Quote from: hog_fan86 on September 16, 2014, 08:45:56 am

i posted this here last night and it was abruptly move to "general sports", glad it's here in MMQB now so everyone can see it and laugh their tails off! GO HOGS!!

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=574897.0

i love the hogs....so very very much

StuartDavin

wildwolf

ASU also recovered an onsides kickoff against Miami. Coach Anderson has proven in 3 games that no play is off limits. It certainly gives the other team something to think and spend practice time working on during the week.

thebignasty

Quote from: wildwolf on September 16, 2014, 09:36:26 am
ASU also recovered an onsides kickoff against Miami. Coach Anderson has proven in 3 games that no play is off limits. It certainly gives the other team something to think and spend practice time working on during the week.
Many teams are no doubt trembling attempting to scheme up a stopper to the play dead throw into a crowd fake punt play.

skinnypig

rzrbaxfan

PonderinHog

LZH

What is the purpose of this?  I've spent five good minutes trying to understand what on earth they were trying to do....I don't get it.

wildwolf

Quote from: LZH on September 16, 2014, 09:51:39 am
What is the purpose of this?  I've spent five good minutes trying to understand what on earth they were trying to do....I don't get it.
I don't get it either, unless, it was suppose to be a diversionary tactic.

Michael D Huff AIA

wildwolf

Quote from: thebignasty on September 16, 2014, 09:37:17 am
Many teams are no doubt trembling attempting to scheme up a stopper to the play dead throw into a crowd fake punt play.
Every coaching staff looks at film on an opponent's trick plays. And, you doubt this?

wildwolf

PorkRinds

Quote from: wildwolf on September 16, 2014, 10:08:58 am
Wrong! Gus has NEVER run that play. That was strictly out of Coach Anderson's playbook. It worked the previous week for a first down against Tennessee.

It's still really, really stupid.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Wrong! Gus has NEVER run that play. That was strictly out of Coach Anderson's playbook. It worked the previous week for a first down against Tennessee.

Just a joke.  No need to get all sensitive.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

PonderinHog

Dr. Starcs

Funniest thing I've seen in a week!  LOL!!

Seminole Indian

The receiver, Booker Mays, apparently was to play the part of the 'fainting goat' on the play. Guess someone forgot to show him the difference in 'fainting' and 'dying'.

To bad the punter missed on his pass, but he missed about everything else Saturday.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

wildwolf

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 16, 2014, 12:08:00 pm
The receiver, Booker Mays, apparently was to play the part of the 'fainting goat' on the play. Guess someone forgot to show him the difference in 'fainting' and 'dying'.

To bad the punter missed on his pass, but he missed about everything else Saturday.
Well, he did kick and recover the onsides kickoff.

Grizzlyfan

Did anyone else see the video a few years ago of the high school basketball team that had one of it's players get on his hands and knees in the corner of the court and bark like a dog while the rest of the team inbounded and scored uncontested? 

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 16, 2014, 02:12:28 pm
Did anyone else see the video a few years ago of the high school basketball team that had one of it's players get on his hands and knees in the corner of the court and bark like a dog while the rest of the team inbounded and scored uncontested?
No, wish I had.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on September 16, 2014, 03:50:13 pm
That Miami player was taking no chances when he cleaned the "ASU Zombies" player's clock after he rose from the "dead".
Don't think the Miami player did, they cut the video off at initial contact but the A-State player held his own.

Actually other than one Miami  player welcoming Torii Hunters kid to college football (4 catches 200+ yards) the whole ASU team held their own.

dmaxfan

Now someone will call the campus offended by someone playing dead then the university will cave like they normally do and probably end their football program at the risk of offending someone else.

I use to support asu, but their constant cowering has gotten out of hand.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: dmaxfan on September 16, 2014, 05:17:18 pm
Now someone will call the campus offended by someone playing dead then the university will cave like they normally do and probably end their football program at the risk of offending someone else.

I use to support asu, but their constant cowering has gotten out of hand.
Don't blame you I can't stand lilly liveried cowards myself. This yellow bellies are going to stop playing UCA after 2016. Claim it will hurt their power rating. Those gutless wonders.

We all know it is because they are yellow to the core don't we.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 16, 2014, 05:11:11 pm
Don't think the Miami player did, they cut the video off at initial contact but the A-State player held his own.
You need to see the whole clip. After the ASU death faker realized their big play was intercepted he jumped up and quickly got zeroed out for real by a Miami player.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on September 16, 2014, 03:50:13 pm
That Miami player was taking no chances when he cleaned the "ASU Zombies" player's clock after he rose from the "dead".

Ganking a player at his respawn point. That would be something the University of Miami would do.

PonderinHog

What if the next time is a REAL heart attack?  Will anyone come to his aid?  Remember the boy who cried "red wolf?"  Me neither...

The Boar War

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 16, 2014, 05:11:11 pm

Actually other than one Miami  player welcoming Torii Hunters kid to college football (4 catches 200+ yards) the whole ASU team held their own.

Didn't you guys lose by three touchdowns?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Lanny on September 16, 2014, 10:40:56 am
This has been posted several time but that has to be the worst attempt at trickery in a football game I've ever seen. 

Its kind of expected from a Redwolf

The Boar War

Maybe that's why Miami didn't fall for it.  Did your coach just assume they weren't going to watch game film?

King TUSKankahamun

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on September 16, 2014, 05:48:31 pm
Ganking a player at his respawn point. That would be something the University of Miami would do.

HA! Excellent!
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville