Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema On T-Tech Strategy: "That Won't Work This Week"

Started by Mike Irwin, September 15, 2014, 10:07:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Fayetteville--The Razorbacks scored seven times in their eleven possessions against Texas Tech. They had scoring drives of 68, 71, 75, 82, 85 and 51 yards. Arkansas held the ball for 40 and a half minutes to under 20 for Texas Tech. However head coach Bret Bielema admitted that his team's 68 running plays to 12 passes against the Red Raiders is not typical of what Arkansas fans will see the rest of the season.

"For us to do what we did at Texas Tech, that was the formula that we needed to win on the road against an uptempo offense that could score the way they could score," Bielema said at his weekly Monday press conference. "That formula isn't going to work this week."
--------------------
To read the rest of the story and to view a related video version click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/bielema-on-t-tech-strategy-that-wont-work-this-wee/24165/SVUXoR3TcU6bF-L9L7VLlg

Pulled(PP)pork

what will it take?  a better defensive strategy, a different offensive strategy....combination of both??

PP

1960'sHogFan

I believe we will try to run the ball and I think we will run the ball with success, therefore, I think we will try what worked last week and use it until it proves it won't or will win.  I believe we can beat NIU with the run.  Its the teams following NIU that I worry about beating with the run.  I hope we practice the pass against NIU for when we need it.  If practicing a particular phase of nearly anything wasn't important, there would be very little need for any practice, just show up at the first game date and go to work and then just do that weekly.  We desperately need passing practice.  You note that when we run the ball, we rarely make mistakes that cost us in a real negative manner.  Not so with the pass and we usually only are successful 50 percent or less of the time throwing.  Please practice the pass.

tchog1956

What in the world would make you think they aren't practicing the pass.
This guy is a successful coach even beating us handily in a bowl game
with running the ball and play action passing.  Why you guys act like they
Won't attempt to pass is ridiculous.  They didn't need to throw against Tech
And what they game planned for tech worked. Looked like something Saban
Would do to us.  Give them a chance this isn't Houston (who couldn't develop
A quarterback.....

nchogg

We will pass more this game. We could very well pass 1/3 and run 2/3 of the time. I hope to see more blitz on the QB this week. Our defense is getting better each week and will play some different schemes this week. Coach knows NIU and how to play them. Go Hogs!

razorbackkid

Brandon Allen and the receivers will be a bit more involved this week.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Pigdiana Jones

A win is a win no matter how you get it minus cheating like Awbarn does.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

TheRazorback500

Last week we didn't have to worry about passing-we were getting 6,7 yards every time we handed the ball off. If NIU happens to slow down our running game to only two or three yards a play or so, then we'll see some balls in the air. Hopefully, we'll catch 'em.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Josh Goforth

Quote from: nchogg on September 16, 2014, 02:27:03 pm
We will pass more this game. We could very well pass 1/3 and run 2/3 of the time. I hope to see more blitz on the QB this week. Our defense is getting better each week and will play some different schemes this week. Coach knows NIU and how to play them. Go Hogs!
Wouldn't take much to get to that ratio, we are at about 75/25 right now. About 10-12 more passes would be close

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jg8417 on September 17, 2014, 12:30:12 am
Wouldn't take much to get to that ratio, we are at about 75/25 right now. About 10-12 more passes would be close

If you break it down to our two legit opponents, Auburn and Tech, we are at about 69% rushing, 31% passing. Our opponents on the other hand have been at 51% and 49% respectively, though Auburn and Tech in terms of rushing and passing attempts are almost an exact opposite of each other.
Go Hogs Go!

Arkfan

QuoteWhat in the world would make you think they aren't practicing the pass.

Uh, how about this;

However head coach Bret Bielema admitted that his team's 68 running plays to 12 passes against the Red Raiders is not typical of what Arkansas fans will see the rest of the season.

They might be doing it in practice but they obviously arent doing it in game situations.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Arkfan on September 17, 2014, 08:24:13 am

Uh, how about this;

However head coach Bret Bielema admitted that his team's 68 running plays to 12 passes against the Red Raiders is not typical of what Arkansas fans will see the rest of the season.

They might be doing it in practice but they obviously arent doing it in game situations.
So your answer to the question you quoted would be...nothing could possibly lead me to believing that.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/