Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Props to Brandon Allen

Started by HoggusMaximus, September 15, 2014, 05:33:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggusMaximus

I know we have been critical of him, I have as well. I will be the first to admit last year I was calling him Pic 6 Allen. But I think I saw something different from him in the TT game. Yes I know he over threw some passes, and yes he still has alot to work on. But think about this. The play where he ran for the first down and slid is the exact same kind of play he did when he got hurt. This kid is doing all he can to get us wins. How afraid would any of you be to run down the middle of the field when you know in the back of your mind that its the same way you got hurt last time. After the awesome result, he made that critical TD scramble. Brandon in my mind is way better than he was even when we played Auburn at the beginning of the season. I look for him to have a good game against NIU and I give him all the support I can. Even though I cringe a little every time I see him throw a ball on a scramble.

31to6

Clutch 3rd down and long conversions are even harder when you are not passing the ball very often.

BA did what was required to keep drives alive when it was placed on his shoulders.

He needs to work with his receivers more on play-action.

rljjr

He was money on 3rd down conversions. I liked his progressions. I think it has slowed down for him a little. We'll see how that goes when we get back in Conference play, but he's doing great this season.

onebadrubi

As much constructive criticism I give chaney and the recievers, they also deserve as much credit as Allen!  All three took a huge leap forward saturday. 

Drizzy

BA is definitely looking much improved. He would look even better if it weren't for a couple of dropped TD passes. Last year, I would clinch my butt cheeks anytime the ball left his hand because it just always looked forced and predetermined. Now, you can see that he has more of a swivel on his head and seems more calculated. I never bought into how "hurt" he was because pain doesn't cause interceptions thrown within 10 yards. But, that's all irrelevant. He is much improved and I'm grateful to have him as a leader. So are my butt cheeks.

GolfnHog

Quote from: fakebobholt on September 15, 2014, 05:39:44 pm
He saidnon his TD run he was scrambling to throw it away. He admitted he wasnt looking for recievers but rather a place to dump it. The backer broke to double the reciever and the hole opened. He completed 6 passes. He didnt do anything bad in the game but handing off 30 straight times doesnt make one erase the past[/b]. Im not downplaying sat but that game wasnt a game a qb gets praise. The RB and line were the factor in that game.

Translated that he was looking to minimize the risks that were present on that play but the play was designed to be a middle screen that got blown up. So, he was looking for the receiver at the on-set but then BA maximized his options based on real time data and he succeeded. Oh by the way, that decision making process equaled a TD.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"