Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Athlon Sports Preseason Ranking

Started by chiefhawg, September 15, 2014, 04:09:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

CallThemHawgs!

I would say if we have made some progression in the offseason  we should be ranked somewhere in the 15-20 range.

-Blu

Nice find, this article just got me really hype!

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

intelligence

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 15, 2014, 04:52:32 pm
I would say if we have made some progression in the offseason  we should be ranked somewhere in the 15-20 range.

I was thinking more along the lines of 10-12

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: intelligence on September 15, 2014, 10:41:56 pm
I was thinking more along the lines of 10-12

I just cant put us that high with 1) Our road record and 2) Our lack of big game experience. I just dont know if this team can play with other teams in that range, even on a neutral floor.

Thats why I am excited about this year, lots of growing to do.

The_Iceman

The real Hogules

If we show that we're for real we'll move up quickly.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

husker71

sporting news mag came out last week   has us #3 in SEC   I don't think it has a top 25 nation wide

Medic821

Make no mistake, this team will be alot better.  Mark in down.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

MikePiazza

Hogs haven't been ranked in the AP Top 25 since November 2007. Houston Nutt was still the coach here. John Pelphrey was in his first season.

Man, that was a long time ago.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

WorfHog

Quote from: MikePiazza on September 17, 2014, 10:51:33 am
Hogs haven't been ranked in the AP Top 25 since November 2007. Houston Nutt was still the coach here. John Pelphrey was in his first season.

We've come a long way baby.

intelligence

Quote from: WorfHog on September 17, 2014, 11:12:29 am
We've come a long way baby.
Amen. Now we need to part the red sea and march on through to the promised land

GuvHog

That was a Senior laden team and in addition, 3 other players left the team after that season (2 transferred and 1 was kicked out of school, I believe). The Hogs paid dearly for it the next 2 or 3 years.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The_Iceman

This guy could be a sleeper on our team. Not necessarily in terms of points, but just all around hustle and defense.

intelligence

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 17, 2014, 02:58:59 pm

This guy could be a sleeper on our team. Not necessarily in terms of points, but just all around hustle and defense.

I agree. I've been anticipating the change in the teams dynamic defensively with miles on the court. should be an excellent addition to the team. Who knows maybe we can see madden, qualls, and miles on the floor at the same time. that could certainly change the way teams attack our defense.

chiefhawg

Seems like the light has come on for Harris and Bell. Hope that it stays on and shines for the entire season.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein  6m
Hearing two guys that have stood out for Arkansas so far this fall are Anthlon Bell + Alandise Harris. Both could start for the Razorbacks.

intelligence

Quote from: chiefhawg on September 17, 2014, 03:39:37 pm
Seems like the light has come on for Harris and Bell. Hope that it stays on and shines for the entire season.

Hearing two guys that have stood out for Arkansas so far this fall are Anthlon Bell + Alandise Harris. Both could start for the Razorbacks.

That's good news. We really need strong play from those guys. Thanks for sharing.

HF#1

Honestly think we can creep close to the top 10-15...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hawkhawg

That 07 team should have been much better.  That should have been the team that got us over the hump.

husker71

a couple of things   #1 Gonzaga looks loaded  #2  this year over 500 transfers (that has to be a record)   this 5th year senior transfer is really adding to that total 

poloprince

Quote from: chiefhawg on September 17, 2014, 03:39:37 pm

If so we are going to be crazy good.
$PoLoPrInCe$

intelligence

Quote from: husker71 on September 17, 2014, 08:33:47 pm
a couple of things   #1 Gonzaga looks loaded  #2  this year over 500 transfers (that has to be a record)   this 5th year senior transfer is really adding to that total
I'll go out on a limb and predict that Gonzaga underachieves and gets an early exit from the dance.

The_Iceman

Quote from: intelligence on September 17, 2014, 11:40:50 pm
I'll go out on a limb and predict that Gonzaga underachieves and gets an early exit from the dance.

History does repeat itself.

The_Iceman

Another guy due for a breakout season:

husker71

I agree with you on the final outcome with Gonzaga.  I think nearly every year they will be a final 4 team and yet it never happens.  BUT this year senior guards, athletic wings and Wiltjer in the middle so who knows.  But probably out in or by the sweet 16.

intelligence

Quote from: hawkhawg on September 17, 2014, 07:13:34 pm
That 07 team should have been much better.  That should have been the team that got us over the hump.
That team had some great talent, and it was senior laden, but it was chock full of sub par defenders, bad shooters and undersized big men. It was good, but not great.

hawkhawg

Quote from: intelligence on September 20, 2014, 03:18:31 am
That team had some great talent, and it was senior laden, but it was chock full of sub par defenders, bad shooters and undersized big men. It was good, but not great.

I never said they were great but they should have won the west, stayed in the top 25, and made the sweet 16.

intelligence

Quote from: hawkhawg on September 20, 2014, 01:11:01 pm
I never said they were great but they should have won the west, stayed in the top 25, and made the sweet 16.

sweet 16 is a stretch, but winning the west and top 25 was well within their ceiling. the 2007 field of teams was pretty deep across the board.