Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 for 15....

Started by HogShat, September 15, 2014, 03:05:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogShat

2 penalties for 15 yds... Got to like that. One holding I forget who it was on, maybe Jefferson?, and HH jumped once. That is good stuff. 

bigdaddyhawg

Agreed.  It's a sign of good coaching.

And it's important that we play this way (mistake free).  At least until we get on somewhat equal footing talent wise with the top dogs in the SEC.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

texas tush hog

Quote from: HogShat on September 15, 2014, 03:05:28 pm
2 penalties for 15 yds... Got to like that. One holding I forget who it was on, maybe Jefferson?, and HH jumped once. That is good stuff. 

That's how you win football games and what Bielema stresses. He said we don't want to beat ourselves before the ball is snapped.

Sir Oinksalot

...love the fit and finish of this team, and also the way the coaches are getting the guys mentally prepared for kickoff...
they are showing an intensity from start to finish...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

HOGINTENNESSEE

If you are going to play this type of football you must play clean.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: HogShat on September 15, 2014, 03:05:28 pm

This is actually one of the most impressive stats of the game in my book. Its also one that speaks best to coaching and program development. Don't recall ever seeing a Razorback team this disciplined.

The Boar War

2 of 15 is amazing.  Especially on the road.

Did anyone ever explain why TT didn't snap the ball when we had 12 men on the field?

PorkSoda

Quote from: The Boar War on September 15, 2014, 09:28:58 pm

Did anyone ever explain why TT didn't snap the ball when we had 12 men on the field?
they were being polite
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

redeye

Last season, we tied Northwestern and Ball State for 8th place in Fewest Penalties.  We averaged 4 penalties per game.

Hawgzinbowlz

Surprised Big Dan didn't get called a time or two. After the play was over a TT player would disappear off the screen.

The refs must have enjoyed physical football, or needed a good laugh.

" GO HOGS "

Hogpkins

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 15, 2014, 09:30:16 pm
they were being polite

Lol, they played very politely the whole game really.

hawg IQ

Quote from: The Boar War on September 15, 2014, 09:28:58 pm

If you are referring to the defensive change with several players changing out, there is a rule where officials allow that.
go hogs go !

BorderPatrol

Quote from: hawg IQ on September 16, 2014, 06:37:58 am
If you are referring to the defensive change with several players changing out, there is a rule where officials allow that.

Correct, the umpire was standing over the ball, or very near the ball, and it was not whistled into play until the umpire was set in his position.

I did notice several times Arkansas could have severly hurt TT because they were not ready on defense. Was kinda curious as to why we waited on them before playing, even though the official went ahead and whistled for the play clock to start.

bp

DEVIL DOG HOG

The officials were from the SEC.  Next year in Fayetteville the officials will be from the Big 12.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

smb

September 16, 2014, 07:17:50 am #14 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:28:31 am by smb
You got have discipline in the SEC.
GeorgiaHOG

Prestworthy

Bama has won a lot of games by hanging their hat on clean football.