Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wisconsin... err... Arkansas...

Started by CallThemHawgs!, September 15, 2014, 01:15:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CallThemHawgs!

This video remind you of another team you have watched lately?  :razorback:

"Right now this Wisconsin team, I would say, is truly imposing its will on the Nebraska defense. They are trying to figure out what to do. Not just concerns about how to get lined up, but how do they handle Wisconsin physically"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MRxQ9dw-ok

On.... Razorbacks  :razorback:

CallThemHawgs!

Note the physicality with which the backs run. You can see thats rubbing off on our guys. The Monte Ball run at 6:45 is downright dirty.

GolfnHog

had several TT fans sitting up amongst us and to a person they said that AC & JW were the most powerful backs they'd seen in years. The YAC that each got was mind boggling to them and yes, they left very impressed though dejected.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: GolfnHog on September 15, 2014, 01:28:34 pm
had several TT fans sitting up amongst us and to a person they said that AC & JW were the most powerful backs they'd seen in years. The YAC that each got was mind boggling to them and yes, they left very impressed though dejected.

If Korliss can develop, and I believe he can, we will have a three headed monster that is going to be damn tough to stop. The last thing a defense wants to see after getting pounded away at by a 235lb back, is someone with 4.3 speed coming around the end on the next play.

CallThemHawgs!

Wont lie, I do kind of wish Coach B would have brought Matt Canada along with him, even though there are reports that they did not get along too well.

Pig In The City

Any announcer who calls the hogs by the name of Wisconsin should be summarily flogged with a microphone! :-)

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

CallThemHawgs!

I dont think anyone has actually payed attention to what this thread is about yet...

SpanHog

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 16, 2014, 12:10:05 am
I dont think anyone has actually payed attention to what this thread is about yet...
I thought it was about how during the TT game Mike Patrick kept calling us Wisconsin...
proud graduate of the U of A 2013

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: SpanHog on September 16, 2014, 02:04:06 am
I thought it was about how during the TT game Mike Patrick kept calling us Wisconsin...

Yeah, I guess thats my fault... I was simply comparing what we saw against TT to what Wisconsin looked like in their final B1G Champ game under Bielema. Some definite similarities, AKA we are on the way up.

Plus, its a good highlight vid. (Which was supposed to be the center of the thread, but got buried in my ramblings)

Michael D Huff AIA

I did notice one small detail...

THE RAZORBACKS' UNIFORMS DON'T SAY WISCONSIN ON THEM!!  OUR HELMETS DON'T HAVE A "W" ON THEM!!  BIELEMA GOT A DIFFERENT JOB.  IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.  DO THE ANNOUNCERS GET FLORIDA AND OHIO STATE MIXED UP BECAUSE URB IS COACHING SOMEWHERE DIFFERENT? 

Announcers, a little situational awareness goes a long way. Be aware of where you are and who is playing in the game you are announcing. 

NIU007

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on September 16, 2014, 10:16:14 am
I did notice one small detail...

THE RAZORBACKS' UNIFORMS DON'T SAY WISCONSIN ON THEM!!  OUR HELMETS DON'T HAVE A "W" ON THEM!!  BIELEMA GOT A DIFFERENT JOB.  IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.  DO THE ANNOUNCERS GET FLORIDA AND OHIO STATE MIXED UP BECAUSE URB IS COACHING SOMEWHERE DIFFERENT? 

Announcers, a little situational awareness goes a long way. Be aware of where you are and who is playing in the game you are announcing.

Yea, that was pretty unprofessional. Isn't it pretty obvious that you are not announcing a Wisconsin game? Just because the coach is familiar you get the team wrong?

ShadowTheHedgehog

I will be happy when we can "Wisconsin" most teams in the SEC.

Cure

Best thing about this is that Bret has a higher ceiling at Arkansas, as he came here to get a better pool of talent. He couldn't pass as much as he wanted to in Bielema (in theory) because his talent on the outside was not to the level of the rest of the conference, so he did it in the trenches.

In the SEC, the athletes he'll be able to get are night and day from Wisconsin. He'll certainly get his fair share of offensive linemen, but the QBs, TEs and WRs will now be there as well.

What we haven't seen from CBB yet is his over-the-top formations that I was used to seeing him run at Wisconsin (primarily from his OC Canada).
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Cure on September 16, 2014, 11:41:47 am
Best thing about this is that Bret has a higher ceiling at Arkansas, as he came here to get a better pool of talent. He couldn't pass as much as he wanted to in Bielema (in theory) because his talent on the outside was not to the level of the rest of the conference, so he did it in the trenches.

In the SEC, the athletes he'll be able to get are night and day from Wisconsin. He'll certainly get his fair share of offensive linemen, but the QBs, TEs and WRs will now be there as well.

What we haven't seen from CBB yet is his over-the-top formations that I was used to seeing him run at Wisconsin (primarily from his OC Canada).

Lot of those in that highlight, especially the barge, wildcat with motion, swinging gate, etc. Definitely a lot to look forward to if he kept those in the playbook.

Cure

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 16, 2014, 11:47:23 am
Lot of those in that highlight, especially the barge, wildcat with motion, swinging gate, etc. Definitely a lot to look forward to if he kept those in the playbook.
He kept it, I've seen him use the Jet Sweep with Keon, he hasn't flexed Collins or Marshall out there yet, which I'm sure he will sooner or later.

They've had that offense dialed so far back because of the push the offensive line is getting, but they haven't had any trouble getting open at wideout. Brandon has just overthrown his receivers.

Bad thing is they still could get Marshall more touches and actually go to the passing game. The development of the offense will be very fun to watch if they can keep the pocket clean and stay healthy.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Cure on September 16, 2014, 01:19:25 pm
He kept it, I've seen him use the Jet Sweep with Keon, he hasn't flexed Collins or Marshall out there yet, which I'm sure he will sooner or later.

They've had that offense dialed so far back because of the push the offensive line is getting, but they haven't had any trouble getting open at wideout. Brandon has just overthrown his receivers.

Bad thing is they still could get Marshall more touches and actually go to the passing game. The development of the offense will be very fun to watch if they can keep the pocket clean and stay healthy.

If Marshall can hang onto the ball, he has as much or more upside than any of them. From a pure physical stature standpoint, he is in better shape than Williams or Collins. The dude is ripped, looks just like Felix Jones did when he was here.

If you look at Montee Ball during his time at Wisc he was listed as 5-11, 205. Korliss is listed at 6` 205, but he is a more realistic 5-10, 205. He could literally be a Montee Ball clone, he just has to hang onto the football.

Really excited to see how this offense develops.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 16, 2014, 04:55:13 pm
That game was a flat ass-beating.  I remember thinking when that happened how unexpected it was, but also how demoralizing it had to be for the Nebraska personnel... coaches and players.  UW literally had them bent over all day.

Yup, reminds me of another game we watched recently...

Like last Saturday...

rude1

Big Ten vs SEC = No comparison. I will leave it at that. I want to see us do this to some SEC talented teams otherwise...............

DeltaBoy

It was inexcusable for a Pro Broadcaster like Mike Patrick to continue to make that mistake through the Whole Game.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: rude1 on September 16, 2014, 08:43:43 pm
Big Ten vs SEC = No comparison. I will leave it at that. I want to see us do this to some SEC talented teams otherwise...............

Agreed, but I will say that to do that against Bo Pelini and his defense that year was impressive. They were no slouch on that side of the ball.