Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SDS Top 25

Started by RazorBassin, September 15, 2014, 12:22:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorBassin

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/ap-top-25-week-3-performance-sec/

Hogs make the cut!  I know it has no relevance, but a little love never hurts!

moses_007

Ranked us 22nd.  Said we'd be an 8 win team in the East.  Trouble is, we're in the West where all the great teams are.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Unfortunately we are in the West and you can have a pretty good team and be 6-6.  It's not that the top is so tough and getting tougher but the bottom is rising.  Might be short lived, you never know with OM, and State, they never seem to be able to sustain success long term but both seem poised to at least maintain some consistency.

With the West being so tough, the disparity in East opponents is what could make the difference.  We could go 2-6 and beat both State and OM but they could easily finish ahead of us in the conf standings because OM plays  Vandy and TN, while State plays KY and Vandy.  We play 2 of the top 3 teams in the East, and either GA or MO could wind that division.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

moses_007

The only real weak team in the SEC is Vanderbilt.  Tennessee runs a close second, but they are showing some improvement over recent years.  And Kentucky darned near beat Florida in the Swamp Saturday, and should have.

The_Iceman

I don't believe Ole Miss is the #8 team in the country.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: moses_007 on September 15, 2014, 03:48:05 pm
The only real weak team in the SEC is Vanderbilt.  Tennessee runs a close second, but they are showing some improvement over recent years.  And Kentucky darned near beat Florida in the Swamp Saturday, and should have.

Tennessee is not weak anymore.  They will go to a bowl this year and will beat Vandy, Kentucky and probably one more East team.  And they are the youngest team in the league. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Bacon_Bitz

Dwight_K_Shrute

Yes KY almost pulled off a victory against a team that won 4 games last year.  TN and KY may not be as weak as last year, but if you were given the choice to play Missouri and Georgia this year as your two east opponents or TN and KY which would you choose.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Danny J

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 15, 2014, 05:58:59 pm
Yes KY almost pulled off a victory against a team that won 4 games last year.  TN and KY may not be as weak as last year, but if you were given the choice to play Missouri and Georgia this year as your two east opponents or TN and KY which would you choose.
Vandy and TN?  ;D

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RazorBassin on September 15, 2014, 12:22:54 pm
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/ap-top-25-week-3-performance-sec/

Hogs make the cut!  I know it has no relevance, but a little love never hurts!
I realize we're only a 1/4 through what we all know is going to be a very challenging season. However, what amazes/amuses me is the instant "love" the Hogs have already garnered over the past couple of weeks. Heck, as we know preseason there was seldom (make that NOT) heard an encouraging word about the Hogs, CBB or virtually anything about the program. Heck, we couldn't even get the former UGA OL "expert" Stitchcom(sp) to rank the Hog's OL ANYWHERE IN THE TOP 12 IN THE CONFERENCE for pete's sake!! We even had some of the press trying to resurrect the disagreement between CBB and GM concerning the HUNH as if we hadn't heard this ad naseum.

While I'll definitely take all the positive "strokes" we can get from anyone and anywhere, I still try to bear in mind that like the ancient Roman mob the press can turn on you "faster than a New York second" and are just about as genuine as a Big Apple smile and welcome.

MDH

Just use your eyes.  The team that played the first half against War Chicken showed up and put 4 quarters together against TT.  Now TT is not a west team, but I will say this- in the Power 5 TT is not the only team we can do that to.

That said, our schedule is brutal- to put it nicely.  We make 6-6 and I'll be a happy man.  I like where this is going though. 

Part of stability is having the rep of putting your linemen in the NFL.  Bama does it, LSU does it and it looks like we might be on that path.  Give Pittman a mansion, free food anywhere in the state and however much money you need to pay him- he is that good.  On the other side it is a wait and see for me.  Long term, I'll take the way this program is being built over selling out to small and quick on the line.

Deep trenches make good skill players great.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

DeltaBoy

Quote from: moses_007 on September 15, 2014, 03:48:05 pm

The ZEBRAS SAVED Fla.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.