Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting Comment From A TTU Fan

Started by gchamblee, September 15, 2014, 10:37:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gchamblee

can be seen here...
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=188&f=1650&t=13152844

"They still gashed Auburn for 5.36 yard per carry. Only abandoned the run in the second half when they got down by 2 td's.

Arkansas has some serious OL that are mean, nasty and well coached. They also have 3 very good running backs.

I'm not sure Texas or OU will have a better OL than Arkansas."

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

The_Iceman

gchamblee

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 15, 2014, 10:52:13 am
I wish we played Texas this year.

You and me both. I wish we played half the power 5 conference teams this year. The SEC West is absolutely brutal. However, I wouldnt want to be anywhere else.

The_Iceman

Quote from: gchamblee on September 15, 2014, 10:58:37 am
You and me both. I wish we played half the power 5 conference teams this year. The SEC West is absolutely brutal. However, I wouldnt want to be anywhere else.

We could probably finish Top 3-4 in most conferences, but will likely finish bottom 2-3 in our own division.

CallThemHawgs!

Hell, Texas would be a breather with this brutal schedule.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 15, 2014, 11:00:26 am
We could probably finish Top 3-4 in most conferences, but will likely finish bottom 2-3 in our own division.

Read today that the SEC West is 18-0 vs teams not from the SEC West.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Dark Helmet Hog

hogrocker

I read some of that TT forum.  Those people are very sad.

Biggus Piggus

Did you see this one:

"At least in this one if our QB had made 1 or 2 plays, we realistically could have won the game despite how crappy our LBs played."
[CENSORED]!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2014, 11:19:32 am
Did you see this one:

"At least in this one if our QB had made 1 or 2 plays, we realistically could have won the game despite how crappy our LBs played."

More like 1 or 2 plays per series!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hogsanity

Did you see this one:

Sounds alot like many posters here blaming BA for the loss at Auburn.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

forrest city joe

Quote from: gchamblee on September 15, 2014, 10:37:48 am
can be seen here...

"They still gashed Auburn for 5.36 yard per carry. Only abandoned the run in the second half when they got down by 2 td's.

Arkansas has some serious OL that are mean, nasty and well coached. They also have 3 very good running backs.

He's right. the talent on this OL is the best i have seen at Arkansas in 3 decades.

Pigstie

Did you see this one:

Sounds a lot like what many said on here after we lost to auby regarding our receivers. Stupid when they said. Stupid when we said it.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 15, 2014, 11:55:18 am
He's right. the talent on this OL is the best i have seen at Arkansas in 3 decades.

The talent on the OL is what we want FCJ. You should know what the importance on running the football is. That's how you keep the other teams offense off the field FCJ

Mulberry Squeezins

I've been following hog football for nearly 50 years. The best OL I can remember was the 79 team.  When they were in rhythm, the offense was unstoppable.   I've seen our OL have some dominating performances in the past,  but I've never seen the line dominate every friken time it stepped onto the field, like it did last Saturday. 

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on September 15, 2014, 12:11:28 pm
I've been following hog football for nearly 50 years. The best OL I can remember was the 79 team.  When they were in rhythm, the offense was unstoppable.   I've seen our OL have some dominating performances in the past,  but I've never seen the line dominate every friken time it stepped onto the field, like it did last Saturday. 

I would take the 1977 O Line that blew up Oklahoma's D Line in the Orange Bowl and unleashed Roland Sales!  That team finished 11-1 and ranked #3. 

ldfergu

Quote from: gchamblee on September 15, 2014, 10:37:48 am
can be seen here...

I wouldn't trade our OL for anybody elses

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on September 15, 2014, 01:15:32 pm
I would take the 1977 O Line that blew up Oklahoma's D Line in the Orange Bowl and unleashed Roland Sales!  That team finished 11-1 and ranked #3.

I actually meant the 78 OL, which returned almost everyone from the 77 OL. 

DeltaBoy

Did you see this one:

Someone needs to put down that Air Raid Crack pipe!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bphi11ips

Arkansas' s great run from 1960 to 1990 was built largely on the backs of the O-line.  The mid-70's to mid-80's featured future NFL players like R.C. Theileman, Greg Koch, Gerald Skinner, Leotis Harris and Steve Korte.  There were other great players during that time like Jim Mabry and Greg Kolenda. 

Bielema is starting to look a little smarter, isn't he?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

RaiderRed

I wish ya'll were in the BIG 12 and then you would have your wish.  Great seeing the hogs and Hog fans back in Lubbock.  Had a great time meeting some of them.  Talked about the old SWC days.  One of the greatest cheers in College Football... SOOOEY PIG SOOEY.   

SpanHog

Quote from: RaiderRed on September 16, 2014, 11:57:10 pm
I wish ya'll were in the BIG 12 and then you would have your wish.  Great seeing the hogs and Hog fans back in Lubbock.  Had a great time meeting some of them.  Talked about the old SWC days.  One of the greatest cheers in College Football... SOOOEY PIG SOOEY.   
correction... WOO PIG SOOIEE.

now go win the Big 12 for us, especially embarrass bevo
proud graduate of the U of A 2013

hogninja

Quote from: SpanHog on September 17, 2014, 03:39:06 am
correction... WOO PIG SOOIEE.

now go win the Big 12 for us, especially embarrass bevo
beat the snot out of Bevo!